Khan orders review of Londons History

Started by Streetwalker, June 09, 2020, 10:52:50 AM

« previous - next »

Hyperduck Quack Quack

On these forums you only need to hint that you might not totally agree with the introduction of hanging for veganism to be branded a "hand-wringing liberal".

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=28647 time=1591801254 user_id=98
It may be distasteful but in the end of the day, it's a few statues desecrated by a few people.

At least they aren't looting, burning buildings and attacking cops day after day.

No, it isn't "just a few statues"

It is a group of extremists hell bent on violent / criminal overthrow of what THEY deem distasteful despite the public making a statement that distasteful or not it SHOULD STAY PUT, with a police force who are supposed to keep law and order deciding that NOT keeping law and order is probably a better idea  - giving the criminals the clear message they cam act criminally whenever and wherever they like, followed by the elected mayor of the city in question saying that the act of criminal damage was no great problem and the stature will not be missed as after all HE found it "an affront".

There is another "white men need to bend over and take it up the shitter" march in Newport on Thursday.

It is, usefully, going to end at the Crown Courts.

But I wonder what will be done in Newport given the clear signal from Bristol that no lawbreaking will be regarded as lawbreaking.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=28600 time=1591780189 user_id=48
...we had the hand wringing liberals a term adopted by DD now beloved by those happy to use it to try and beat those they disagree with on here...

Only because I'm not allowed to kick the feck out of them  :lol:

Sampanviking

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=28645 time=1591800804 user_id=53
Well I was putting two and two together but yes cotton was a industry of Bradford mills back in the day .

I would just like to know where the vandalism of our history is going to end . When the statues have gone what next ,peoples houses  ,Royal Palaces ,the place you work ?

Who knows with the anarchists running the show  

We are all going to hell in a handcart .

Spike got it right years ago - See new national anthem at the end of clip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4e2XPds8c4">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4e2XPds8c4

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=28645 time=1591800804 user_id=53
Well I was putting two and two together but yes cotton was a industry of Bradford mills back in the day .

I would just like to know where the vandalism of our history is going to end . When the statues have gone what next ,peoples houses  ,Royal Palaces ,the place you work ?

It may be distasteful but in the end of the day, it's a few statues desecrated by a few people.

At least they aren't looting, burning buildings and attacking cops day after day.
+++

Streetwalker

We'll probably not,Lancashire was the home of the cotton mills,Yorkshire more associated (though not exclusively) with the wool industry so much so there was even a bus company called Yorkshire woollen.

Borg Refinery

We'll probably not,Lancashire was the home of the cotton mills,Yorkshire more associated (though not exclusively) with the wool industry so much so there was even a bus company called Yorkshire woollen.

As for creating the wealth of that town such industries and the coal,steel,manufacturing and more of the North and Midlands of England,Wales,Scotland and NI were what made so much of this countries wealth forgotten in today's London centric culture.

Funnily enough cotton does have its links with events of today,the Lancashire cotton workers during the  American civil war sacrificed their source of income at great cost to themselves and their families by boycotting cotton picked by the black slaves in the confederacy.

So much so that Abraham Lincoln very publicly thanked those workers and sent aid to them,so even then in those cotton workers we had the hand wringing liberals a term adopted by DD now beloved by those happy to use it to try and beat those they disagree with on here,at that time the then Manchester Guardian now morphed in to the grauniad told the cotton workers they should stop the boycott.

There were those with the money and influence in the UK who wanted the Royal Navy to break the Norths  blockade of the south.

Mind earlier in that century and in Cottonopolis there were even more parallels with today and those who only ever see violence in protests that need to be suppressed without compromise might remember that the Peterloo massacre brought them the foundation of parliamentary democracy,universal suffrage their right to vote.

And again in those time the establishment media sought to portray all those involved in that protests as violent rebels and criminals.

Like I keep saying ford said history is bunk,many might agree but it sure as hell teaches lessons that are often never learned if ignored.

:thup:
+++

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=28624 time=1591790990 user_id=48
The only signalling in those days was railway and the like,the terms virtue signalling,whataboutry,identity politics etc are all made up to stifle debate and say look my argument is better than yours.....no it isn't imo. :barf:

Well there you are Ollie.

To be honest I was not aware that I was arguing, merely making a few points about the Lancastrian cotton famine of the early 1860s but I imagine that I had best let the matter go. There was a certain irony about the resumption of the cotton supplies but possibly that should be discussed at a later date.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=28621 time=1591789878 user_id=62
Manchurians, Mongols, Sax Rohmer, what can you expect while this Chinese flu is still raging?

As far as I am aware the manufacturers stockpiles of cotton had run out by 1862. And not only was the Union fleet blockading it, the Confederacy were banning the export of cotton. So where the cotton was coming from to fuel the mills and employ the workforce I do not know and I don't suppose the liberals did either, but then virtue signalling has always been their strong point, not common sense.

The only signalling in those days was railway and the like,the terms virtue signalling,whataboutry,identity politics etc are all made up to stifle debate and say look my argument is better than yours.....no it isn't imo. :barf:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=28618 time=1591788257 user_id=48
Manchurians are you doing this deliberately?.......probably

Look the cotton was available the workers wouldn't ouch it.....savvy?

Manchurians, Mongols, Sax Rohmer, what can you expect while this Chinese flu is still raging?

As far as I am aware the manufacturers stockpiles of cotton had run out by 1862. And not only was the Union fleet blockading it, the Confederacy were banning the export of cotton. So where the cotton was coming from to fuel the mills and employ the workforce I do not know and I don't suppose the liberals did either, but then virtue signalling has always been their strong point, not common sense.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=28616 time=1591787859 user_id=62
Manchurians pride themselves on being ahead of the times.

Since most of the mills were closed due to the cotton I don't see the point in advising a return to work when there wasn't any work to return to, but that is liberalism for you.

Manchurians are you doing this deliberately?.......probably

Look the cotton was available the workers wouldn't ouch it.....savvy?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=28613 time=1591786892 user_id=48
1962 eh! seems you are a bit out,and I was talking about the mill workers and how the liberal middle class Manchester guardian advised their return to work and stop the boycott,still inconvenient to recognise that.

Manchurians pride themselves on being ahead of the times.

Since most of the mills were closed due to the cotton I don't see the point in advising a return to work when there wasn't any work to return to, but that is liberalism for you.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=28610 time=1591785851 user_id=62
Well not quite.

That New Years Eve meeting in 1962 was attended by both cotton workers and the Liberal middle classes. They may well have been on the side of the angels but it is unlikely that many of those in Manchester's Free Trade Hall were missing many meals as a result of the blockade, so they could afford to be right on.

1962 eh! seems you are a bit out,and I was talking about the mill workers and how the liberal middle class Manchester guardian advised their return to work and stop the boycott,still inconvenient to recognise that.

Borchester

Funnily enough cotton does have its links with events of today,the Lancashire cotton workers during the  American civil war sacrificed their source of income at great cost to themselves and their families by boycotting cotton picked by the black slaves in the confederacy.

Well not quite.

That New Years Eve meeting in 1962 was attended by both cotton workers and the Liberal middle classes. They may well have been on the side of the angels but it is unlikely that many of those in Manchester's Free Trade Hall were missing many meals as a result of the blockade, so they could afford to be right on.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=28574 time=1591738624 user_id=53
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/statue-18th-century-slaver-robert-milligan-in-east-london-to-be-removed-as-soon-as-possible-a4464341.html">https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/ ... 64341.html">https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/statue-18th-century-slaver-robert-milligan-in-east-london-to-be-removed-as-soon-as-possible-a4464341.html

First on Khans hit list comes down this evening . Liberal MP for Bradford and cotton plantation owner .  

I suppose the cotton supplied Bradfords Mills creating wealth for that town .

As for creating the wealth of that town such industries and the coal,steel,manufacturing and more of the North and Midlands of England,Wales,Scotland and NI were what made so much of this countries wealth forgotten in today's London centric culture.

So much so that Abraham Lincoln very publicly thanked those workers and sent aid to them,so even then in those cotton workers we had the hand wringing liberals a term adopted by DD now beloved by those happy to use it to try and beat those they disagree with on here,at that time the then Manchester Guardian now morphed in to the grauniad told the cotton workers they should stop the boycott.

There were those with the money and influence in the UK who wanted the Royal Navy to break the Norths  blockade of the south.

Mind earlier in that century and in Cottonopolis there were even more parallels with today and those who only ever see violence in protests that need to be suppressed without compromise might remember that the Peterloo massacre brought them the foundation of parliamentary democracy,universal suffrage their right to vote.

And again in those time the establishment media sought to portray all those involved in that protests as violent rebels and criminals.

Like I keep saying ford said history is bunk,many might agree but it sure as hell teaches lessons that are often never learned if ignored.