PG and Yorkshire Tea tell Black Lives Matter critics 'don't buy our tea'

Started by Borchester, June 09, 2020, 06:20:16 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Frankly, both can stuff it.

The is but one tea and coffee shop worthy of patronage, and keiths is its ame

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186286-d7222340-r710335591-Keiths_Coffee_Shop-Cirencester_Cotswolds_England.html

Yes, i *KNOW* it calls itself Keith's Coffee Shop, but as the reviewer says, I too remember when it really WAS Keith's and back then he blended tea too.

They still sell proper tea, although these days it's generally other speciality retailer's packages.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on June 12, 2020, 11:39:33 AM
Someone said, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone", or maybe it's "demolish the first statue".
I'll carry on drinking my PG tips.

True, but in John 8:2 - 8:11 the Almighty was having a quiet joke, so there is no reason why we should not do the same with Unilever.
Algerie Francais !

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 12, 2020, 05:29:51 PM
Quote from: Nalaar on June 12, 2020, 11:19:14 AM
Quote from: boggart on June 12, 2020, 10:46:47 AM
I really don't think that the tea companies can take the moral high ground.

No company can ever 'take the moral high ground' without some hypocrisy brought up, that doesn't mean it should not do so.

Maybe so. are you saying we should not raise such criticisms ?

Sure, they can be raised, it's just not a very good argument against what they are doing.
Don't believe everything you think.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar on June 12, 2020, 11:19:14 AM

No company can ever 'take the moral high ground' without some hypocrisy brought up, that doesn't mean it should not do so.

Maybe so. are you saying we should not raise such criticisms ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Someone said, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone", or maybe it's "demolish the first statue".
I'll carry on drinking my PG tips.
† The end is nigh †

Nalaar

Don't believe everything you think.

johnofgwent

It is, I suppose, a matter of taste.

From working in Yorkshire I know the water is ... interesting. I believe they engineer the tea to match.

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=28587 time=1591769632 user_id=63
Bloody Horrible Stuff anyway, Takes the silver plating right off our teaspoons.... God only knows what it does to your teeth and innards

Why would that worry you?

In my experience tea and coffee generally brewed in Wales is too weak and watery to colour or erode anything and then It's drowned in milk. That's not a criticism by the way, just an observation, as judging by local beers, it seems the way locals like their beverages...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Bloody Horrible Stuff anyway, Takes the silver plating right off our teaspoons.... God only knows what it does to your teeth and innards