United States Presidential election - 2020

Started by Barry, June 09, 2020, 09:35:19 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on November 11, 2020, 11:20:05 PM
Not at all. I only refer to real quotes of yours, Nick the Thick.

Firstly I referenced Greek as you use Greek wording in your profile, if it's a slur change your profile. I don't reference THICK in my profile but you choose to use it as a retort which shows your character.

https://pol-tics.com/index.php/topic,415.msg9286.html#msg9286

https://pol-tics.com/index.php/topic,1226.msg28905.html#msg28905

I'm not suggesting that the SACP et al were particularly great, or that they weren't terrorists but you seem to have denied elsewhere on here that racism is even much of a problem for black people in the UK. Then you go pointing out Mandela's crimes, or the IRA's crimes, Never once mentioning the Loyalist terrorists or RUC collaborators, nor do you mention the dreadful terrorist Apartheid regime. Not once. You seem to like the idea of colonialism.

So again, where do I suggest that SA is better under apartheid?

I am sick to death of people citing Nelson Mandela as some kind of hero. NO !  He was a terrorists that was personally responsible for over 200 murders. FACT

Look at Steve Biko, thrown out of a window of a Pretoria police station and died, he was murdered. The policeman that killed him isn't nor should be glorified as fighting an apartheid war. FACT

Mandela however is revered as some hero for killing White people, well not by me. He's a terrorist and deserved his time in the big house. FACT

Oops, you edit you post too late. It has already been quoted.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on November 11, 2020, 10:18:18 PM
More Strawman statements from Dymo the Greek.

"Nick thinks south africa was better under apartheid." Look forward to you posting the link to show this... Taking a statement about my experiences in 'SOUTHERN AFRICA and concocting a comment about apartheid in SA just makes you look a fool.

Not at all. I only refer to real quotes of yours, Nicko the Thicko.

https://pol-tics.com/index.php/topic,415.msg9286.html#msg9286

https://pol-tics.com/index.php/topic,1226.msg28905.html#msg28905

I'm not suggesting that the SACP et al were particularly great, or that they weren't terrorists but you seem to have denied elsewhere on here that racism is even much of a problem for black people in the UK. Then you go pointing out Mandela's crimes, or the IRA's crimes, Never once mentioning the Loyalist terrorists or RUC collaborators, nor do you mention the dreadful terrorist Apartheid regime. Not once. You seem to like the idea of colonialism.
+++

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 11, 2020, 10:16:34 PM
Don't think I've ever sought a Greek blessing — so you'll have to explain so I can also understand...
Not sure how that happened @patman post. Have removed it now 😂.

It is Rita O'Hare in the middle that concerns me.

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on November 11, 2020, 08:35:53 PM
I could be wrong, but iirc Nick thinks south africa was better under apartheid. Prolly thinks India would be better under British rule and the Irish would've done better under Brit rule too. 😸

More Strawman statements from Dymo the Greek.

"Nick thinks south africa was better under apartheid." Look forward to you posting the link to show this... Taking a statement about my experiences in 'SOUTHERN AFRICA and concocting a comment about apartheid in SA just makes you look a fool.

patman post

Don't think I've ever sought a Greek blessing — so you'll have to explain so I can also understand...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 11, 2020, 08:05:03 PM
Many terrorists have ended up governing their countries and shaking hands with politicians of former foes and/or their former colonial masters. It's realpolitik and has often stopped the killing...

But the strange thing is, I wasn't talking about Gerry Adams, it's the on the run Weasel in the middle that disturbs me. 

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on November 11, 2020, 08:05:03 PM
Many terrorists have ended up governing their countries and shaking hands with politicians of former foes and/or their former colonial masters. It's realpolitik and has often stopped the killing...

I could be wrong, but iirc Nick thinks south africa was better under apartheid. Prolly thinks India would be better under British rule and the Irish would've done better under Brit rule too. 😸
+++

patman post

Quote from: Nick on November 11, 2020, 05:07:31 PMBiden has yet to explain this and his Orange comment.
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on November 10, 2020, 09:08:34 PM
Would any other leader trust Trump now? If you were Putin would you trust Trump any more than Trump should trust Putin?

As Trump and his hardliners dig in, those who are no longer singing from the Trump hymn-sheet are either being sacked or resigned. Some of these people are sure to know some 'stuff' that could be very bad for Trump. But will they be too scared to let on?

Biden has yet to explain this and his Orange comment.

Borg Refinery

😆 Fox news cut off Kayleigh McEnany mid sentence.

Even Melania and Jared are calling on him to concede.

If you're going to conspire with Russia to f**k the election in 2016, all sympathy will have run dry when Dems cheat the election, and it looks like they did btw, in 2020. I have no sympathy for people who say the Russia thing was a hoax then cry about Dems cheating the election.

The fact is that Hillary was an existential threat to Russia, she really did want to go to war or something insane. Biden is just a dealmaker with dementia. I still think he could be crazier than Trump owing to his very real mental deterioration but hopefully not. But the Hillary thing explains why Putin was so keen in 2016 to help stop Hillary, I think that was what he was concerned with rather than helping Trump if you see my point.

I'm winding up my confederate pal by saying he and his ilk got Biden elected with their over the top extreme rhetoric, and threatening everyone who disagrees with guns and bombs and being dropped from a helicopter. I know it's working a treat.  ;D There's nothing like Michelle Obama smiling and waving or mouthing thank you to boil the blood of a good Trump supporter.
+++

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on November 11, 2020, 12:41:53 PM
I've been reading more about 'faithless electors' - that is nominees for the Electoral College who vote differently from the way they were pledged to vote in accordance with the result in the state they represent.

Although this practice is illegal in the majority of states that hasn't stopped its from happening. In 2016 there were 7 faithless electors. Hillary Clinton lost 5 votes and Donald Trump lost 2 as a result of the turncoats. It appears that a $1,000 fine is the sort of penalty for faithless voting where it's illegal, something that Trump would be easily be able to reimburse,

So could Trump be ramping up an atmosphere of intimidation prior to the meeting of the Electoral College in December in an attempt to intimidate electors into switching their vote in his favour?
I don't suppose they could invoke the patriot act, strip such traitors of yank citizenship and extraordinarily render them to somewhere like .. the yemen ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on November 11, 2020, 12:41:53 PM

So could Trump be ramping up an atmosphere of intimidation prior to the meeting of the Electoral College in December in an attempt to intimidate electors into switching their vote in his favour?

Well, when you are dealing with Democrats you can't be too careful..

Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

I've been reading more about 'faithless electors' - that is nominees for the Electoral College who vote differently from the way they were pledged to vote in accordance with the result in the state they represent.

Although this practice is illegal in the majority of states that hasn't stopped its from happening. In 2016 there were 7 faithless electors. Hillary Clinton lost 5 votes and Donald Trump lost 2 as a result of the turncoats. It appears that a $1,000 fine is the sort of penalty for faithless voting where it's illegal, something that Trump would be easily be able to reimburse,

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on November 11, 2020, 10:51:28 AM
Now it's getting dangerous - really dangerous.

Trump has just sacked a lot of top defence officials at the Pentagon and replaced them with Trump loyalists.

Isn't this straight out of Chapter 1 of "Dictatorship for Beginners" ?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics/pentagon-policy-official-resigns/index.html
First off, I dont see it as any more 'dangerous' than bush sending Coe - Lynn Powell to tell us if we are not part of the USA's solution we are part of the problem
Secondly, what could they do in eight weeks apart from nuke north korea and wuhan
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

HDQQ

Now it's getting dangerous - really dangerous.

Trump has just sacked a lot of top defence officials at the Pentagon and replaced them with Trump loyalists.

Isn't this straight out of Chapter 1 of "Dictatorship for Beginners" ?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics/pentagon-policy-official-resigns/index.html
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!