United States Presidential election - 2020

Started by Barry, June 09, 2020, 09:35:19 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on November 16, 2020, 08:04:32 AMThey do say domestic abuse rises after an England world cup loss

So basically, that's every World Cup then?  :D :D :D

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on November 16, 2020, 08:38:54 AM
The new US administration will have a honeymoon period, as usually happens anywhere. And to begin with they'll be able to blame quite a lot on Trump's legacy but they can only do that for so long.
Funnily enough, the Democrats are saying the good economy results during Trumps presidency are all down to B.O.
So it can last a whole presidential term.
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2020, 03:15:00 PMI wonder how long that little bubble will last.
The new US administration will have a honeymoon period, as usually happens anywhere. And to begin with they'll be able to blame quite a lot on Trump's legacy but they can only do that for so long.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 14, 2020, 09:04:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHuGha_bTo

Sometimes it all ends in tears. Domestic violence some say  :D :D :D

I remember seeing this years ago, "a horse has been punched in weston-super-mare. His name was Quantock."

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/world-cup-2018-semi-england-1776553

They do say domestic abuse rises after an England world cup loss..  :D
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2020, 03:15:00 PM
Today, Trump is reluctantly coming around to the idea that Biden may have won. He's not conceding, mind you, still waiting for an official result.
He was also talking about lockdowns costing 50 billion dollars a week and the Republicans would never call a lockdown.
He then said what happens in January regarding lockdowns will be the next administration's decision, implying it would not be his.

He'll eventually go quietly. Then those who have voted in the Democrats can be happy at what they wished for.
I wonder how long that little bubble will last.

I'm not so shocked that he is dodging the obvious demise of his presidency but the sight of his hair colour. It sees to have caught up with his age. I wonder if this is a sign that he has become a sage or at least that's what he would like us all to believe.

Barry

Today, Trump is reluctantly coming around to the idea that Biden may have won. He's not conceding, mind you, still waiting for an official result.
He was also talking about lockdowns costing 50 billion dollars a week and the Republicans would never call a lockdown.
He then said what happens in January regarding lockdowns will be the next administration's decision, implying it would not be his.

He'll eventually go quietly. Then those who have voted in the Democrats can be happy at what they wished for.
I wonder how long that little bubble will last.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 15, 2020, 10:24:56 AM
So again what are you worrying about javert?

A nasty attack of reality I should not wonder.

A basic tenet of Remainerdom is that once Boris goes the Brexiters will touch their caps to their betters in Islington, say Gawd luv you sirs, we now know that wot we done wus wrong, but please forgive us and lead us back into the arms of those kindly chaps at Brussels who knows how best to run our lives.

I am not entirely sure that will happen. The most likely result will be the election of an even harder bastard who will be, well, an even harder bastard.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Javert on November 15, 2020, 10:06:09 AM
I disagree - all the conservative candidates at the last election had to make a pledge to support any deal that Boris proposed.  The entire cabinet for the last year has been consisting of hardline Brexit supporters, the ones who wanted to cancel Brexit were kicked out of the party or left.  Advisers in the centre of government were mostly straight from the Vote Leave organisation, and any civil servant who was even suspected of putting obstacles in the way of Brexit or pointing out any complications was sidelined.

Vote Leave has been in total control of government for the last year and they have the power to do a no deal Brexit or whatever they want, right now, and they also had the power to delay Brexit by x amount of months if there was more time needed to prepare border posts etc.  Any mess ups, chaos, or problems are completely down to them.

Of coures they will try to blame it on remainers, that's expected.  Then they will try to blame it on foreigners, immigrants and probably teachers or something, but this time it can't really work on the majority of people because it's crystal clear that they have been given their chance to deliver the Brexit they promised.

So again what are you worrying about javert?

If this is what happens then you will be vindicated and the desire to remain will grow in strength until you get another referendum after we leave in 6 weeks.

You need to read though what streetwalker has consistently said , and what you yourself and many others have said , in that the tories and especially johnson cant be trusted.

That is streetwalkers argument , he believes only someone like farage as pm could really deliver the brexit he himself wishes for. Vote leave isnt in control of the government , the tory party is so please stop being melodramatic.

It might be the more eurosceptic part of the tory party , but its still the tory party.

...and to stop this current brexit , this is your greatest hope that johnson does some sort of a u turn on brexit.

QuoteI disagree - all the conservative candidates at the last election had to make a pledge to support any deal that Boris proposed.

we all understnd what you are saying , but if you remember correct both tories and labour and all their mps stood on a "get brexit done" ticket in 2017 , and what happened there?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Javert

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 14, 2020, 09:06:02 PM
Thats not entirely correct Javert . The Tory party have been in control of brexit from day one . The Tory party are remainers ,their  only concession was that  they would implement the result of the referendum .
That gave them the vote of UKIP /Brexit party supporters  in one last attempt to push Brexit over the line after numerous roadblocks put up by remainers , tories included over a period of 3 and a half years .

If leavers had ever been in charge and had the backing of Parliament we would have left .  But thats where we are , a Parliament that does not represent the wishes of the people on Brexit  and  a government with an 80 seat majority that can't or wont find a way to back its own commitment .

Never trust a tory

I disagree - all the conservative candidates at the last election had to make a pledge to support any deal that Boris proposed.  The entire cabinet for the last year has been consisting of hardline Brexit supporters, the ones who wanted to cancel Brexit were kicked out of the party or left.  Advisers in the centre of government were mostly straight from the Vote Leave organisation, and any civil servant who was even suspected of putting obstacles in the way of Brexit or pointing out any complications was sidelined.

Vote Leave has been in total control of government for the last year and they have the power to do a no deal Brexit or whatever they want, right now, and they also had the power to delay Brexit by x amount of months if there was more time needed to prepare border posts etc.  Any mess ups, chaos, or problems are completely down to them.

Of coures they will try to blame it on remainers, that's expected.  Then they will try to blame it on foreigners, immigrants and probably teachers or something, but this time it can't really work on the majority of people because it's crystal clear that they have been given their chance to deliver the Brexit they promised.

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on November 14, 2020, 08:56:43 PM
I still find this one funny

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/18/man-says-horse-gave-sexual-consent-winking-7731441/amp/

I heard they go one step further and take the horses to the pub with them in tyne & wear.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3104795/Horse-is-barred-from-pub.html

:D :D :D

i asked my welsh mate once how many sexual partners he has  had , and he started counting and fell asleep.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Javert on November 14, 2020, 04:39:33 PM

So if there is chaos or major problems early next year, I'm sure you will try to claim it's the fault of remainers, but it's completely nonsensical because leavers have been in 100% control for the last year.

Thats not entirely correct Javert . The Tory party have been in control of brexit from day one . The Tory party are remainers ,their  only concession was that  they would implement the result of the referendum .
That gave them the vote of UKIP /Brexit party supporters  in one last attempt to push Brexit over the line after numerous roadblocks put up by remainers , tories included over a period of 3 and a half years .

If leavers had ever been in charge and had the backing of Parliament we would have left .  But thats where we are , a Parliament that does not represent the wishes of the people on Brexit  and  a government with an 80 seat majority that cant or wont find a way to back its own commitment .

Never trust a tory

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on November 14, 2020, 08:56:43 PMI heard they go one step further and take the horses to the pub with them in tyne & wear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHuGha_bTo

Sometimes it all ends in tears. Domestic violence some say  :D :D :D

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on November 14, 2020, 08:41:25 PM
Javert will be fecked , but quackers can normally find something to get hysterical over so should be ok .

By the way , i found out why the welsh voted to leave the eu deppity. :D

I still find this one funny

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/18/man-says-horse-gave-sexual-consent-winking-7731441/amp/

QuoteMan says horse gave him sexual consent by winking at him

Daniel Raymond Webb-Jackson broke into the stables and was caught on CCTV abusing the animal.

However, when questioned, the 31-year-old claimed the filly had agreed to sex because she smelt his crotch and winked at him.

I heard they go one step further and take the horses to the pub with them in tyne & wear.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3104795/Horse-is-barred-from-pub.html

:D :D :D
+++

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on November 14, 2020, 08:33:09 PMYou really are unbelievable, so you're too a-frit to do this fairly then are you?

Ok, I bet you we will leave the EU.

Ooh, we have. I win.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 14, 2020, 08:35:31 PM
Javert and Quackers will have feck all to talk about...except um....'look, Coronavirus!!!...hide under the bed"  :D

And Gerry T will have to find somewhere else to export his novelty Leprechaun hats  :D :D :D

Javert will be fecked , but quackers can normally find something to get hysterical over so should be ok .

By the way , i found out why the welsh voted to leave the eu deppity. :D

QuoteSex with animals banned in Denmark after outcry over legal loophole: Minister acts after country became magnet for sex tourists

QuoteDenmark has finally vowed to ban sex with animals because the practice is 'damaging the country's reputation' as well as being non-consensual.

The country has become a magnet for animal sex tourists in recent years and has even seen a surge in animal brothels - as bestiality is banned almost everywhere else in Europe.

Danish agricultural minister Dan Jorgensen said he will outlaw the act - closing the legal loophole following mounting pressure from the international community.