UK GDP fell by 20% in April - the largest slump since records began

Started by Dynamis, June 12, 2020, 07:51:53 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on June 12, 2020, 02:00:27 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on June 12, 2020, 07:51:53 AM
Quote[/color]April's fall in GDP is the biggest the UK has ever seen, more than three times larger than last month and almost ten times larger than the steepest pre-covid-19 fall. In April the economy was around 25% smaller than in February.[/color][/font]
"Virtually all areas of the economy were hit, with pubs, education, health and car sales all giving the biggest contributions to this historic fall.
"Manufacturing and construction also saw significant falls, with manufacture of cars and housebuilding particularly badly affected.
"The UK's trade with the rest of the world was also badly affected by the pandemic, with large falls in both the import and export of cars, fuels, works of art and clothing."[/color]Back to table of contents[/size]2.Widespread contractions across the economy contributed to the fall in GDP in the three months to April 2020

[/size]https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/bulletins/gdpmonthlyestimateuk/april2020#:~:text=Monthly%20gross%20domestic%20product%20(GDP,the%20series%20began%20in%201997.[/size]As said before; the double hit of NDBrexit and a possible second wave could really be a determiner of our long term future..

[/size]
[/font][/size][/font][/color]

So well done us.

Since most of the country is sitting at home doing not much of anything, it is amazing that anyone is producing anything.

Ha! So you made it here :) Like most things this will right itself its not as though we've not been through worse.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Dynamis on June 12, 2020, 07:51:53 AM
Quote[/color]April's fall in GDP is the biggest the UK has ever seen, more than three times larger than last month and almost ten times larger than the steepest pre-covid-19 fall. In April the economy was around 25% smaller than in February.[/color][/font]
"Virtually all areas of the economy were hit, with pubs, education, health and car sales all giving the biggest contributions to this historic fall.
"Manufacturing and construction also saw significant falls, with manufacture of cars and housebuilding particularly badly affected.
"The UK's trade with the rest of the world was also badly affected by the pandemic, with large falls in both the import and export of cars, fuels, works of art and clothing."[/color]Back to table of contents[/size]2.Widespread contractions across the economy contributed to the fall in GDP in the three months to April 2020

[/size]https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/bulletins/gdpmonthlyestimateuk/april2020#:~:text=Monthly%20gross%20domestic%20product%20(GDP,the%20series%20began%20in%201997.[/size]As said before; the double hit of NDBrexit and a possible second wave could really be a determiner of our long term future..

[/size]

So well done us.

Since most of the country is sitting at home doing not much of anything, it is amazing that anyone is producing anything.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on June 12, 2020, 12:28:34 PM
Quote from: cromwell on June 12, 2020, 11:36:05 AM
Quote from: DeppityDawg on June 12, 2020, 11:12:49 AM
Sorry I didn't notice you'd already started a thread on it. Btw, I'm promoting you to General Dynamics.
Perhaps you should be known as Myopicy Dawg 8) 8) :)
Threads merged

Yeah right ho Dougal. It's not my fault you lot keep changing the fecking forum around.

Anyway. Where's BYT? Has she finished loading pallets of shoeboxes onto that truck yet?
Yeah bloody pantechnion,shoes,gin,kettle tea bags,comfy chair everything but the bloody Hoover  :)

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on June 12, 2020, 11:36:05 AM
Sorry I didn't notice you'd already started a thread on it. Btw, I'm promoting you to General Dynamics.
Threads merged

Yeah right ho Dougal. It's not my fault you lot keep changing the fecking forum around.

Anyway. Where's BYT? Has she finished loading pallets of shoeboxes onto that truck yet?

cromwell

Threads merged

DeppityDawg

Barry

It isn't as bad as the Treasury were thinking, as 30%+ was in their minds. We seriously need to get Britain back to work.
† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53019360

QuoteThe UK's economy shrank by 20.4% in April - the largest monthly contraction on record - as the country spent its first full month in lockdown.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the "historic" fall affected virtually all areas of activity.

The contraction is three times greater than the decline seen during the whole of the 2008 to 2009 economic downturn.

Borg Refinery

[/size]
+++