If churches cannot meet - they cease to exist

Started by Barry, June 12, 2020, 01:11:44 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

I'm in agreement with the opening post comment.

The church is the people who join it not the building they meet in.

A vicar who can't sort an e-service (even if it kills our forum !!!) should move over and make way for one who can.

I get it that communal singing may be thought a key part of a service.

I disagree.

I've listened to it from the front.

As I have said before, if forced to be cremated with a ceremony, I'm writing in the will that if they dont sing theres a spirit in tbe air from new church praise I'll disinherit them.

Because NOBODY who has not been taught by that songs author could ever get it right. It took Moira and I a whole fortnight of daily practice at a retreat in Derbyshire.

Hangers on at a funeral dont stand a chance

I might pop back from oblivion to see the chaos in person
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on June 12, 2020, 02:24:00 PM

@ Barry - I thought Churches were only allowed to open for private prayer not usual services.
I think that is the case from Monday
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

The reason for Church closures was the risk of saliva landing all around. Singing, passing the communion cup, sitting close by each other were all good reasons to limit them. If Churches have made changes in order to minimise those risks then they could re-open, sadly I think the congregations in many Churches would find those limits difficult. Services without singing, spread apart in the pews or even in different centres including the Church hall if the numbers demand it. Would the local vicar be happy with a surge of virus cases in his parish obviously originating during his sermon?

@ Barry - I thought Churches were only allowed to open for private prayer not usual services.

Javert

Quote from: Barry on June 12, 2020, 01:11:44 PM
I don't really agree with the video title as the church is greater than the buildings.

What I do take from the video is that Church meetings could easily take place using the same social distancing as shops, etc.
Why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN49N1gHRDE

I thought churches were being allowed to open again (as long as they operate within the guidelines) from Sunday (or maybe Monday?)

Nalaar

The messaging in the video is certainly confused.
Especially when start throwing in the 'we closed down church ourselves before the government told us to because that was the responsible thing to do'
Don't believe everything you think.

Barry

I don't really agree with the video title as the church is greater than the buildings.

What I do take from the video is that Church meetings could easily take place using the same social distancing as shops, etc.
Why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN49N1gHRDE
† The end is nigh †