Sadiq Khan criticised over boarding up statues as PM says it is 'absurd and sham

Started by Borchester, June 12, 2020, 04:48:03 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 13, 2020, 08:04:04 AM
Quote from: patman post on June 12, 2020, 05:23:25 PM
Shame the troublemakers can't be lifted before any damage and violence occurs, because coverage of the demonstrations is now focusing on their activities. But as supporters on these demos come from across population, it's easy for BNP/EDL/NF sympathisers to infiltrate with the aim of discrediting BLM.

Personally, I'm tending to the view of not going on any demo at this time. But that would allow the various establishments to kick the difficult issue of racism into the long grass as they're always doing...

Nice to see the left blaming right wing fifth columnists for their violent antics.

Exactly what i thought john.

you have to laugh .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Good old

Quote from: Nick on June 13, 2020, 05:29:23 PM
Quote from: Good old on June 13, 2020, 04:55:23 PM
Quote from: Borchester on June 12, 2020, 04:48:03 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/12/black-lives-matter-protests-churchill-statue-boarded-targeted/

Actually, it makes good sense, but it is always fun to see Saddo get a shellacking.  :)

Defacing Churchill's statue is out of order. So why whinge when Khan, takes steps to give it full protection?
Considering the serious all round nature of what has been happening, Boris, should be showing some support to Khan.
Or would he prefer that this statue, and others, such as Nelsons, column are badly defaced in some way, merely to gather political points. It would seem because London, has a Labour Mayor,

I am concerned that certain black historical figures that have misdemeanors are deemed to have protection status and other white perpetrators are deemed to be the devil.
Discrimination V positive discrimination seems to be very lob sided to me, I am going slightly off topic here but seeing as BLM is the general subject I don't feel bad. My eldest daughter tried to get into the police force and was told that they were only recruiting ethnic minorities and that basically she was the wrong colour.
As I've said, it all just seems to be all one sided at the moment.

Maybe that would be because the overwhelming majority of statues in London, commemorate white individuals. It's probably not possible to protect every statue anyway, regarded as the devil or otherwise.
It's my opinion no statue should be defaced it's vandalism nothing more.
I'm sorry your daughter didn't get the job. It's long been the official line that the police want more Black/Asian, recruits, it makes sense, but it hasn't happened,. Maybe because for ten years not much recruiting has happened of any ethnicity.
Generally the police remain mainly a white organisation. It will be interesting to see if that is about to change

Nick

Quote from: Good old on June 13, 2020, 04:55:23 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/12/black-lives-matter-protests-churchill-statue-boarded-targeted/

Actually, it makes good sense, but it is always fun to see Saddo get a shellacking.  :)

Defacing Churchill's statue is out of order. So why whinge when Khan, takes steps to give it full protection?
Considering the serious all round nature of what has been happening, Boris, should be showing some support to Khan.
Or would he prefer that this statue, and others, such as Nelsons, column are badly defaced in some way, merely to gather political points. It would seem because London, has a Labour Mayor,

I am concerned that certain black historical figures that have misdemeanors are deemed to have protection status and other white perpetrators are deemed to be the devil.
Discrimination V positive discrimination seems to be very lob sided to me, I am going slightly off topic here but seeing as BLM is the general subject I don't feel bad. My eldest daughter tried to get into the police force and was told that they were only recruiting ethnic minorities and that basically she was the wrong colour.

As I've said, it all just seems to be all one sided at the moment. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good old

Defacing Churchill%u2019s statue is out of order. So why whinge when Khan, takes steps to give it full protection?
Or would he prefer that this statue, and others, such as Nelsons, column are badly defaced in some way, merely to gather political points. It would seem because London, has a Labour Mayor.

Good old

I wonder if lack of numbers has and will play a part in the plods, response to the behaviour witnessed in Bristol. Getting anything sorted by them is getting harder in recent times. The Met still can put a tidy few bodies out there when needed. The regions though  ,seem to be another thing

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on June 12, 2020, 05:23:25 PM
Shame the troublemakers can't be lifted before any damage and violence occurs, because coverage of the demonstrations is now focusing on their activities. But as supporters on these demos come from across population, it's easy for BNP/EDL/NF sympathisers to infiltrate with the aim of discrediting BLM.

Personally, I'm tending to the view of not going on any demo at this time. But that would allow the various establishments to kick the difficult issue of racism into the long grass as they're always doing...

Nice to see the left blaming right wing fifth columnists for their violent antics.

Has anyone been arrested for dunking that statue in Bristol yet by the way ? Or have the plod fessed up to letting the left get away with pretty much anything they like.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Well it helps keep the peace I suppose but I would rather the Met deal with agitators as needs be not be seen running away from them . 
The protectors of the momuments ,the veterans and helpers wont have anything to protect and I hear the official protest has been called off over fears of clashes with 'far right groups' (thats people that have had enough of plod  inaction , Khan and far left anachists )

The original message of the protest has been pushed into the background . Maybe if they can remove themselves from the far left they might have something to say .

Lets hope for a quiet weekend

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...