UK formally rejects post-Brexit transition delay

Started by Dynamis, June 12, 2020, 09:36:25 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Benson on June 18, 2020, 03:57:23 PM
Quote from: Barry on June 12, 2020, 10:44:41 PMIt's good to see both sides acting a bit more grown up now and not trying to spite each other.

I think this should give both remainers & brexiters HOPE that we've risen above groundless tribalism, at least some deal anyway.

Good news.

Just leave and both sides place 25% tariffs in place. When things sink in and EU manufacturing businesses start screaming at their governments, the tone from the EU will change.

The tone has already changed. They have stated they are prepared to drop their hard line approach.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: Benson on June 18, 2020, 03:57:23 PM
Quote from: Barry on June 12, 2020, 10:44:41 PMIt's good to see both sides acting a bit more grown up now and not trying to spite each other.

I think this should give both remainers & brexiters HOPE that we've risen above groundless tribalism, at least some deal anyway.

Good news.

Just leave and both sides place 25% tariffs in place. When things sink in and EU manufacturing businesses start screaming at their governments, the tone from the EU will change.
Dynamis said that. Not me.
† The end is nigh †

Benson

Quote from: Dynamis on June 18, 2020, 04:16:07 PM
I think you are missing this part of the puzzle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCrone_report

There is no real refutal of that. The fact is, even now the govt's own figures have accidentally shown Scotland would be better off without us.

Everyone wants them gone, except the corrupt plutocrats in westminster, and so they should go.

A report from 1973 and now the EU are determined to phase out oil and gas for renewables. That report is very outdated.
How do you change your signature?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Mashup on June 18, 2020, 02:20:40 PM
Until the UK accepts that it can't have access to EU markets and services without agreeing to comply with and be subject to the legal and regulatory framework which governs them these negotiations won't be going anywhere fast.

The six-month delay on customs declarations and tarrif payments is going to cause considerable challenges when the period ends. If you can't keep on top of your work letting it pile up until a later date isn't an effective strategy.

👍🖖 Welcome to the forum.

Hedges:

I think you are missing this part of the puzzle.

There is no real refutal of that. The fact is, even now the govt's own figures have accidentally shown Scotland would be better off without us.

Everyone wants them gone, except the corrupt plutocrats in westminster, and so they should go.
+++

Benson

Good news.

Benson

Quote from: Dynamis on June 13, 2020, 10:19:53 PMWhy would Boris be scared of Indy2?
If the Scots leave his majority would be even greater.

I personally would vote for them to leave, I'm sick of their bleating that is England holding them down. Let them take their % of the debt and try and re-enter the EU.

The Scottish couldn't afford to go it alone, I would vote to kick them out too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVynXGj4eyA

Mashup

Until the UK accepts that it can't have access to EU markets and services without agreeing to comply with and be subject to the legal and regulatory framework which governs them these negotiations won't be going anywhere fast.

The six-month delay on customs declarations and tarrif payments is going to cause considerable challenges when the period ends. If you can't keep on top of your work letting it pile up until a later date isn't an effective strategy.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on June 13, 2020, 09:20:42 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on June 13, 2020, 05:49:19 PM
Quote from: Nick on June 13, 2020, 10:15:09 AM
We should now see if wee Jimmy has the balls to do what she keeps threatening.
And if the EU will take Scotland in even though they fail almost all the tests.

It's Boris who's too scared to hold a ref, indy support crossed 50% a while back.

Why would Boris be scared of Indy2?

I personally would vote for them to leave, I'm sick of their bleating that is England holding them down. Let them take their % of the debt and try and re-enter the EU.

Well, if Blair had introduced PR to England as he promised, the SNP would have 10+ less seats and the Tory seat count would be nearly 1/3rd less according to the electoral reform society.

But I agree let Scotland go it alone.

+++

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on June 13, 2020, 05:49:19 PM

It's Boris who's too scared to hold a ref, indy support crossed 50% a while back.

Why would Boris be scared of Indy2?

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Barry on June 12, 2020, 10:44:41 PM
https://pol-tics.com/index.php/topic,150.msg28866.html#msg28866
Like I said, they must be confident of a trade deal. Angela has told Barnier to STFU and act practicallly.

You've have to hope so.

But even a deal to the UK's stated specifications would still cause disruption at the end of the year.  Companies are going to struggle to adjust for that alongside CV.

Of course, given Vote Leave have been wrong on most things so far the chances aren't great.

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on June 13, 2020, 01:28:59 PM
This is very good for us. Looks like we got the EU on the ropes.

We shouldn't have talked to Barnier at all and went straight to Merkel.

Oh well crash out Brexit it is, better do a stock check on the emergency supply cupboard.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HallowedBrexit

This is very good for us. Looks like we got the EU on the ropes.

We shouldn't have talked to Barnier at all and went straight to Merkel.

Nick