Main Menu

All Lives Matter

Started by papasmurf, June 13, 2020, 04:18:20 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Or a conclusion to a spent penny...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 15, 2020, 10:02:19 PM

Good. Criminals love to make false insurance claims.

For some occupations there is no such thing as a spent conviction.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on June 15, 2020, 08:46:08 PM
apparently it was his father who confronted him and persuaded him to give himself up.......had drunk 16 pints from night before,sadly he might be out by Friday but now has a criminal record which can affect future life.
The lad is a complete plonker and deserves the time as he pleaded guilty.
QuoteI know someone  who had a conviction for a minor offence,a good while after they made a legitimate insurance claim, how the insurers found out don't know but their claim was refused on the grounds they hadn't been told of the conviction.
Good. Criminals love to make false insurance claims.

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Forum admin on June 15, 2020, 08:37:16 PM
He'll be out on Friday, then.
apparently it was his father who confronted him and persuaded him to give himself up.......had drunk 16 pints from night before,sadly he might be out by Friday but now has a criminal record which can affect future life.

I know someone  who had a conviction for a minor offence,a good while after they made a legitimate insurance claim,how the insurers found out don't know but their claim was refused on the grounds they hadn't been told of the conviction.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Forum admin

He'll be out on Friday, then.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 14, 2020, 08:36:44 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on June 14, 2020, 12:09:42 PM
The "Urinator" has given himself up.
If I were a solicitor I'd be happy to defend him. He wasn't peeing on the plaque, he was tucked away up the side, where is the nearest open public toilet, etc.
And he's been court and got 14 days in clink.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/15/man-given-14-day-jail-sentence-for-urinating-near-pc-keith-palmer-plaque

papasmurf

Quote from: Javert on June 15, 2020, 03:52:44 PM

Also if you want to charge anyone doing illegal gatherings and protests with bayonets, presumably that includes the people who were in the OP of this thread who were also doing a protest against the original protesters.

All of them.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on June 15, 2020, 02:28:14 PM
Thought lock-down instructions were enforced by Police with the power to fine....
Or even arrest, if the name's Piers Corbyn.
† The end is nigh †

Javert

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2020, 12:54:14 PM
Quote from: Javert on June 15, 2020, 12:49:50 PM

He did.

All protest and gatherings of more than 6 people are currently banned and have been since March 24th.  All of these protests are illegal.

As the police pointed out way back at the beginning of this, there are simply not enough police to disperse all of these protests and disorder, without resorting to extreme measures.  Even if extreme measures are taken, it's not clear whether those would actually cause people to protest in even larger numbers.

Boris made a request not an order, he should have given the police some serious powers and requested to army as back to the civil power. (Preferably with fixed bayonets.)

According to what I read in the newspapers, it's backed up by the law - the emergency Coronavirus legislation passed in March makes it illegal to hold gatherings of any kind of more than 6 people - protests were not an exception to this law.

Therefore everyone discussed in this thread on both and all sides was breaking the law.

The problem is that in addition to what I mentioned above, there is not enough space in the prisons to accommodate all these demonstrators so where are you going to put them?

Also if you want to charge anyone doing illegal gatherings and protests with bayonets, presumably that includes the people who were in the OP of this thread who were also doing a protest against the original protesters.

patman post

Thought lock-down instructions were enforced by Police with the power to fine....
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Javert on June 15, 2020, 12:49:50 PM

He did.

All protest and gatherings of more than 6 people are currently banned and have been since March 24th.  All of these protests are illegal.

As the police pointed out way back at the beginning of this, there are simply not enough police to disperse all of these protests and disorder, without resorting to extreme measures.  Even if extreme measures are taken, it's not clear whether those would actually cause people to protest in even larger numbers.

Boris made a request not an order, he should have given the police some serious powers and requested to army as back to the civil power. (Preferably with fixed bayonets.)

Javert

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2020, 11:21:38 AMBoris The Clown should have had the balls to ban ALL protests and crowd gathering during the lock down

He did.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 15, 2020, 11:08:21 AM

Hmmmlet me see ,oh yeah would guess that he was pointing out that we're still in the middle of a pandemic and they weren't following the rules is all.
I mean it's not as though you haven't moaned incessantly about people coming to Cornwall packing the beaches and getting too close,still they're your motorbike mates and so like the pope infallible.
The Pope supposedly but in reality not infallible is quite often a hypocrite,perhaps that might resonate?

They are not my motorbike mates and they are getting critical comments from the Motorcycle Action Group for breaking lock-down and social distancing.
Personally I criticise ANYONE breaking those regulations.  Boris The Clown should have had the balls to ban ALL protests and crowd gathering during the lock down
The number of illegal raves last week end was scandalous and the organisers of them should be jailed for ten years.

It is now inevitable there will be a spike in Covid-19 cases because of all of the irresponsible idiots.

cromwell

Mod notice
Some posts in thread getting a little heated there is an ignore option best use that if you if you don't want to interact.
Thanks

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 14, 2020, 04:20:30 PM
Quote from: Javert on June 14, 2020, 04:09:09 PM

From what I could see, the people in the OP were all may closer than 2m from each other - so they might be good at defending war memorials but they don't appear to be very good at social distancing from that photo.

So were the protesters and the far tight thugs. So your point is what?
Hmmmlet me see ,oh yeah would guess that he was pointing out that we're still in the middle of a pandemic and they weren't following the rules is all.
I mean it's not as though you haven't moaned incessantly about people coming to Cornwall packing the beaches and getting too close,still they're your motorbike mates and so like the pope infallible.
The Pope supposedly but in reality not infallible is quite often a hypocrite,perhaps that might resonate?