Can we forgive?

Started by T00ts, June 14, 2020, 12:12:10 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 14, 2020, 12:12:10 PM

So can we forgive?

Personally I can't forgive, especially the DWP.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Because it's Sunday and my thoughts tend to turn towards my Spiritual wellbeing today I have been wondering if we are missing something that I feel is really essential for life lived with others. I have already posted my dismay at the chaos around us at this moment in time and there is this one element that seems to be missing. Forgiveness.

The people of colour do not appear to forgive the misdeeds towards their ancestors. Some do not forgive the slave traders who subsequently went on to donate vast sums of their gains to the betterment of others including descendants of those they abused. Will we forgive Cameron for instigating the Referendum or those who voted Leave? There must be countless instances both privately and publicly where genuine and honest forgiveness would heal a lot of wounds. It is said that holding a grudge does nothing but harm the grudge holder and perhaps we are currently discovering that that is true.

So can we forgive? Can we forgive all those that have made mistakes, disagreed, annoyed us, hurt us in reality or in our imaginations? Perhaps the answer is that if we all took that first step we would make a better home, country and hopefully world. It just takes a small step by one. If social media is so good at spreading hate etc perhaps for once it could be sent in another direction. I guess I won't hold my breath, but I can hope.