Housing developments and social accommodation

Started by Wiggles, October 24, 2019, 02:27:38 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=2549 time=1572107128 user_id=62
It is in Papasmurfs part of the world where all the poor have died of want due to the Tory cuts and where there is no one left to commit any crimes.

Unfortunately for the Tory MP they have not all died, there are increasing in numbers due to Tory policies and won't be voting for him.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=2549 time=1572107128 user_id=62
It is in Papasmurfs part of the world where all the poor have died of want due to the Tory cuts and where there is no one left to commit any crimes.

Mod Notice

A poster known here as Papasmurf should be addressed by that name not as one used elsewhere,a notice has been posted regarding this in announcements.....please take note.

thanks
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=2487 time=1572088410 user_id=87
I would propose you are trolling sir. My view on this matter represents the opinions of the vast majority, yours represents the opinions of the politically correct and naive. Nobody in their right mind can actually believe that social housing estates are safer than areas predominantly occupied by house owners

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=2477 time=1572085672 user_id=54What is trolling?

It is when someone disagrees with you.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=2487 time=1572088410 user_id=87
I would propose you are trolling sir. My view on this matter represents the opinions of the vast majority, yours represents the opinions of the politically correct and naive. Nobody in their right mind can actually believe that social housing estates are safer than areas predominantly occupied by house owners

The crime map is factual not speculation. There are pockets of high crime rates but that does not apply to all or even the majority of social housing.

There are streets in Britain I would not walk down for a bet even in broad daylight. But to tar all social housing with the same brush is offensive and also factually inaccurate.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2476 time=1572085517 user_id=89
Wiggles stop trolling.

A hand up, not a hand out

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2250 time=1571946254 user_id=89
I realise there are pockets of nasty people living in rented accommodation what I object strongly to is the implication it is all people who live in rented accommodation.

Older social housing in cities is more likely to have undesirable tenants than owner occupied or better privately rented properties. Owners have their own money involved and private landlords of better homes vet their tenants and often try to avoid benefit recipients when possible. They also avoid buying investment property too near social housing and housing association properties...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=2477 time=1572085672 user_id=54What is trolling?

Making contentions that are made to provoke, that are based on propaganda, lies and, prejudice and cannot be backed up with actuarial data.

If you think that only unemployed social housing dwellers help out at food banks and soup kitchens you really prejudiced and very badly informed.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2476 time=1572085517 user_id=89
Wiggles stop trolling.

What is trolling?

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=2471 time=1572084439 user_id=87
 whereas the people who live their lives on benefits and live in social housing spend their time working for charities and helping out in soup kitchens.

Wiggles stop trolling.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2466 time=1572082959 user_id=89
The private estate I live on is surrounded by social housing, there is a VERY low crime rate.

I posted the link to the Police crime mapping system.

High crime areas are not predominantly where you seem think they are.

No, of course they aren't. Professional people who work hard for living in order they can fund their mortgages, come home and then go out fighting and looting, whereas the people who live their lives on benefits and live in social housing spend their time working for charities and helping out in soup kitchens.

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=2463 time=1572082641 user_id=87
Your welcome to go and live in one mate, I want to keep my wheels

The private estate I live on is surrounded by social housing, there is a VERY low crime rate.

I posted the link to the Police crime mapping system.

High crime areas are not predominantly where you seem think they are.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2462 time=1572082552 user_id=89
Privately owned houses are more likely to be in a neighbourhood watch area, they are more likely to be protected with high quality locks and be more difficult to break into.

My objection is to the implication that ALL social housing houses criminals and/or anti-social people.

Housing association tenants are subject to very strict tenancy rules, and any troublemakers are evicted quickly.

There are high crime areas, BUT they most certainly NOT every council estate in Britain. (Most of those estates, due to the right to buy have a high percentage of owner occupiers.)

(Locally council house tenancies are barred to anyone who has a high level of debt. )

Your welcome to go and live in one mate, I want to keep my wheels

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=2456 time=1572081443 user_id=87
Look, do you genuinely believe areas with privately owned houses aren't safer than areas that are predominantly social housing. Really, you don't need to study statistics for this kind of thing, it's just common sense.

Privately owned houses are more likely to be in a neighbourhood watch area, they are more likely to be protected with high quality locks and be more difficult to break into.

My objection is to the implication that ALL social housing houses criminals and/or anti-social people.

Housing association tenants are subject to very strict tenancy rules, and any troublemakers are evicted quickly.

There are high crime areas, BUT they most certainly NOT every council estate in Britain. (Most of those estates, due to the right to buy have a high percentage of owner occupiers.)

(Locally council house tenancies are barred to anyone who has a high level of debt. )

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2371 time=1572007773 user_id=89
Actually such information is updated on a monthly basis, (I get it emailed to me for my area every month.)

Just type in a post code, (it will even go down to information for a road.

https://www.police.uk/search/">https://www.police.uk/search/

Look, do you genuinely believe areas with privately owned houses aren't safer than areas that are predominantly social housing. Really, you don't need to study statistics for this kind of thing, it's just common sense.