Rant Thread #886k (Lancet’s editor: ‘The UK response to C19 worst sci failure')

Started by Dynamis, June 14, 2020, 02:14:18 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis on January 17, 2021, 05:40:18 AM
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/11/uk-covid-crisis-qa-with-the-lancets-richard-horton

Union Flag

And that's my final post folks.

when did this forum become an airport ?

I have to say though, this article has made me laugh so much I was worried the farting might become something more substantial.

The concept of "a private foundation of public benefit" in receipt of money from the State of Qatar which still has the legislation to stone homosexuals and whose richest to poorest earnings ratio is quite something trying to lecture the UK on the way we have handled the pox in relation to ethnic minorities and the poor (which seem to be lumped together, why i don't know given the biggest gas guzzlers in this street are now driven by ethnics that moved in over the last decade)  is, to me, about as genuine as Andrew Marr having a Road To Damascus Moment and coming out as a Brexiteer

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis on January 17, 2021, 05:40:18 AMAnd that's my final post folks.
Oh, OK then. Whatever you say.
No more QAnon, Nazi, Labour Bad, Tory Bad, mods are crap, I know best, look at my memes are bigger than yours.

See you later.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on January 17, 2021, 05:40:18 AM
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/11/uk-covid-crisis-qa-with-the-lancets-richard-horton

Union Flag

And that's my final post folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRy5JJfw-JI

;D :D

Again why is richard horton talking in terms of the uk , when boris johnson is only in charge of englands nhs?

So i assume he means nicola sturgeon , drakeford and foster o neil are also culpable?

Yet another captain hindsight lecturing politicians.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on June 14, 2020, 03:50:01 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on June 14, 2020, 02:14:18 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/14/the-lancets-editor-the-uk-response-to-coronavirus-is-the-greatest-science-policy-failure-for-a-generation
QuoteWait until all the facts are known and the crisis has subsided, goes this thinking, and then we can analyse the performance of those involved. It's safe to say that. Richard Horton, the editor of the influential medical journal ]the ]Lancet, is not part of this school. An outspoken critic of what he sees as the medical science establishment's acquiescence to government, he has written a book that he calls a "reckoning" for the "missed opportunities and appalling misjudgments" here and abroad that have led to "the avoidable deaths of tens of thousands of citizens". The Covid-19 Catastrophe: What's Gone Wrong and How to Stop It Happening Again is a short polemical book, building on a series of excoriating columns Horton has written in the Lancet over the past few months. He lambasts the management of the virus as "the greatest science policy failure for a generation", attacks the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) for becoming "the public relations wing of a government that had failed its people", calls out the medical Royal Colleges, the Academy of Medical Sciences, the British Medical Association (BMA) and Public Health England (PHE) for not reinforcing the World Health Organization's public health emergency warning back in February, and damns the UK's response as "slow, complacent and flat-footed", revealing a "glaringly unprepared" government and a "broken system of obsequious politico-scientific complicity".
Another complainer ;) Send him awff to the gallows(!).Seriously though, it's incredible when the editor of the Lancet itself writes a hit-book aimed directly at govt. I mean, it indicates that they MAY - just may - have gotten something a teensy bit wrong? No? Maybe not then. 😜

FFS dyno sort out your feckin quotes im getting a headahce just trying to read them. Its like perusing the small print on a legal document.

Now fixed, Tank Engine. :)

+++

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on June 14, 2020, 02:14:18 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/14/the-lancets-editor-the-uk-response-to-coronavirus-is-the-greatest-science-policy-failure-for-a-generation
QuoteWait until all the facts are known and the crisis has subsided, goes this thinking, and then we can analyse the performance of those involved. It's safe to say that. Richard Horton, the editor of the influential medical journal ]the ]Lancet, is not part of this school. An outspoken critic of what he sees as the medical science establishment's acquiescence to government, he has written a book that he calls a "reckoning" for the "missed opportunities and appalling misjudgments" here and abroad that have led to "the avoidable deaths of tens of thousands of citizens". The Covid-19 Catastrophe: What's Gone Wrong and How to Stop It Happening Again is a short polemical book, building on a series of excoriating columns Horton has written in the Lancet over the past few months. He lambasts the management of the virus as "the greatest science policy failure for a generation", attacks the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) for becoming "the public relations wing of a government that had failed its people", calls out the medical Royal Colleges, the Academy of Medical Sciences, the British Medical Association (BMA) and Public Health England (PHE) for not reinforcing the World Health Organization's public health emergency warning back in February, and damns the UK's response as "slow, complacent and flat-footed", revealing a "glaringly unprepared" government and a "broken system of obsequious politico-scientific complicity".
Another complainer ;) Send him awff to the gallows(!).Seriously though, it's incredible when the editor of the Lancet itself writes a hit-book aimed directly at govt. I mean, it indicates that they MAY - just may - have gotten something a teensy bit wrong? No? Maybe not then. 😜

FFS dyno sort out your feckin quotes im getting a headahce just trying to read them. Its like perusing the small print on a legal document.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

Another complainer. ;) Send him awff to the gallows(!).
Seriously though, it's incredible when the editor of the Lancet itself writes a hit-book aimed directly at govt. I mean, it indicates that they MAY - just may - have gotten something a teensy bit wrong? No? Maybe not then. 😜
+++