Well, the good news is that the flu is over

Started by Borchester, June 16, 2020, 12:41:41 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2020, 10:44:45 AM
Quote from: Barry on June 16, 2020, 10:41:01 AM

Yes, give it a week.  ::)
1056 new cases yesterday.  :o

Barry you are just as bad as Borchester. You  have both been in denial since the start.

Still 5000 infections a day.
No, I'm not bad, I'm just using official figures which are a fraction of what they were.
I don't know where you are getting your 5,000 figures from, but even that is well down on the false 8000 you were quoting a few weeks back. However, you did say "give it a week", and we all waited with bated breath and nothing happened.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 16, 2020, 10:41:01 AM

Barry you are just as bad as Borchester. You  have both been in denial since the start.

Still 5000 infections a day.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2020, 10:32:28 AM
After the total disregard of social distancing over the last few days, it is on it way back in.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 16, 2020, 10:27:04 AM
A life without any risk is no life at all.
It's not quite over, but it does seem to be well on its way out.

After the total disregard of social distancing over the last few days, it is on it way back in.

Barry

A life without any risk is no life at all.
It's not quite over, but it does seem to be well on its way out.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 16, 2020, 10:13:00 AM

I know but you can't lynch him for it.

Not while I am locked down.  I am incandescent about idiots like him. He is so callous I suspect he is posting from Tory HQ.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2020, 09:51:21 AM
Quote from: T00ts on June 16, 2020, 09:47:46 AM

I can sympathise with your point of view since I am in a similar position but surely every situation can have a comical side.

Borchester is sh*t stirring not being humorous or comical. He has downplayed and poo pooed Covid-19 from the start.

I know but you can't lynch him for it. He is allowed his opinion like the rest of us. I am just glad of a chuckle. Covid is horrible but you and I have been protected let's not lose all sense of humour with it. Many have died, it's awful and tragic, but the rest of us have to keep on keeping on and a bit of light-hearted observation was always the British way.

Nalaar

For someone uncomfortable wearing a mask due to difficulties breathing etc I believe a face visor is advised.
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 16, 2020, 09:47:46 AM

I can sympathise with your point of view since I am in a similar position but surely every situation can have a comical side.

Borchester is sh*t stirring not being humorous or comical. He has downplayed and poo pooed Covid-19 from the start.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2020, 07:58:31 AM
Borchester, Covid-19 is NOT over, and won't be over until there is a vaccine.  As someone who is going to be on lock down until there is a vaccine I find your thread header irresponsible and offensive.

I can sympathise with your point of view since I am in a similar position but surely every situation can have a comical side. If we lose our sense of humour life won't be worth living. Goodness, it's boring enough in isolation. I quite enjoy people's descriptions of life outside the bunker. I have already been warned that a mask might make my situation worse. The image of a couple of old duffers nodding in agreement with each other on a London bus actually made me chuckle. Doctors and science is all very well but sometime personal experience speaks volumes.

papasmurf

Borchester, Covid-19 is NOT over, and won't be over until there is a vaccine.  As someone who is going to be on lock down until there is a vaccine I find your thread header irresponsible and offensive.

Borchester

Sadiq Khan is mayor of London and a sad bugger at best. In moments of stress the first thing he does is to blame the previous mayor who was Boris Johnson. Then he blames the government which is currently run by Boris Johnson. Then he starts on Donald Trump. And then the tea lady...

Finally when there is no one else to blame and the matter at hand has more or less sorted itself out, Saddo takes action. His latest wheeze is that all bus passengers must wear masks. So I put mine on, got on the bus, sat down and took it off. Whereupon the bus grass squealed that I was suppose to be wearing it. Whence I replied eat shit fuckwit (I can be quite droll when the need arises), bollocks to the Chinese flu, I can't sodding well breath. And an old girl a couple of seats agreed with me.

So there you are. Forget the Peking Pox. The real killer is going to be asphyxiation from these bloody silly masks the numbnuts in the NHS are so keen on.
Algerie Francais !