Well, the good news is that the flu is over

Started by Borchester, June 16, 2020, 12:41:41 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 16, 2020, 03:46:06 PM
Quote from: Borchester on June 16, 2020, 12:41:41 AM
Sadiq Khan is mayor of London and a sad bugger at best. In moments of stress the first thing he does is to blame the previous mayor who was Boris Johnson. Then he blames the government which is currently run by Boris Johnson. Then he starts on Donald Trump. And then the tea lady...

Finally when there is no one else to blame and the matter at hand has more or less sorted itself out, Saddo takes action. His latest wheeze is that all bus passengers must wear masks.

not sure why you are dragging the mayor of london into this.

The mask regulations for public transport are England wide regulations.  TFL are enforcing the law of the (Eng)land (which I am sure you are very keen on being upheld).

So I put mine on, got on the bus, sat down and took it off. Whereupon the bus grass squealed that I was suppose to be wearing it. Whence I replied eat shit fuckwit (I can be quite droll when the need arises), bollocks to the Chinese flu, I can't sodding well breath. And an old girl a couple of seats agreed with me.

So there you are. Forget the Peking Pox. The real killer is going to be asphyxiation from these bloody silly masks the numbnuts in the NHS are so keen on.

Do you not understand the reasons for wearing a mask?

It's *not* to protect you.  It's to protect other people *from* you.

Wearing a mask is a right bloody faff.  It's uncomfortable, hot, makes conversations and interaction difficult etc.

Why should I wear an uncomfortable mask to protect you, when you can't be bothered to return the courtesy?

And almost all persons in the know say that masks are next to useless.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 16, 2020, 07:13:16 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on June 16, 2020, 05:07:22 PM
Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 16, 2020, 04:47:34 PM
Quote from: Borchester on June 16, 2020, 04:24:35 PM

Why should I wear an uncomfortable mask to protect you, when you can't be bothered to return the courtesy?

No idea. The bus I get back from my allotment is usually full of nurses. They are usually knackered but jolly and are welcome to breathe all over me. If they catch the Chinese flu from me it will just be a mild cold and a few days off work which I am sure they can do with. If I die because I have been associating with young women I can't think of a better way to go. :)

The Point
You

He lives in north london..do you have any idea how packed the buses and trains get in north london?

Have you seen the stuff on the tube recently? He and many others may not be able to breathe as easily as you, due to poor lung function or hot weather or whatever else.

You expect him to suffocate himself, hurt himself when in all likelihood.. some other careless millenials are just going to spread the second wave anyway?

I find your sanctimonious preaching really irritating.

I'll bet you'd take your mask off on the 149 (if that route still exists) in wood green when it's packed like a sardine tin in the summer heat, I've seen people faint in the summer heat..

I used to live in London and regularly commute, so yes I do know how hot and packed the tubes and buses get.

If Borchester was metally or physically disabled (as defined the 2010 act), a child or assisting someone who required to see his mouth (eg deaf person lip reading) then he would have a reasonable excuse in law.

However his description implied he didn't want to wear a mask because he
A) doesn't believe CV is a serious illness
B) it was annoying to him.

This is exactly the mindset of "rules don't apply to me if I don't think they should" that DC had when he decided Durham would be a much better place to view the results of his "herd immunity" strategy than the front lines.

Beating CV will require everyone take actions for the collective good even if that is sometimes at their own detriment

What if one of the other people on the bus decided that, although their flatmate had a fever and dry cough, they didn't want to stay at home in the cramped flat. They felt pretty ok, just a little loss of smell. It's a sunny day. Be much nicer in the park than the flat...

So onto Borchesters bus they hop, not masking up because it's a faff....

Well if that's the sort of thing you'd do, good luck.

1) He is 70something and has multi conditions as he said before explicitly, I don't believe you didn't see it.

2) If you know how hot & packed it is in north & central london, and that it can physically injure healthy people, let alone folks like him..why are you even trying to dispute what he or I have said?

3) You simply don't 'get' humour do you..

Frankly, this is like communicating with people who've had a lobotomy...
+++

BeElBeeBub

No idea. The bus I get back from my allotment is usually full of nurses. They are usually knackered but jolly and are welcome to breathe all over me. If they catch the Chinese flu from me it will just be a mild cold and a few days off work which I am sure they can do with. If I die because I have been associating with young women I can't think of a better way to go. :)

The Point
You

He lives in north london..do you have any idea how packed the buses and trains get in north london?

Have you seen the stuff on the tube recently? He and many others may not be able to breathe as easily as you, due to poor lung function or hot weather or whatever else.

You expect him to suffocate himself, hurt himself when in all likelihood.. some other careless millenials are just going to spread the second wave anyway?

I'll bet you'd take your mask off on the 149 (if that route still exists) in wood green when it's packed like a sardine tin in the summer heat, I've seen people faint in the summer heat..

I used to live in London and regularly commute, so yes I do know how hot and packed the tubes and buses get.

If Borchester was metally or physically disabled (as defined the 2010 act), a child or assisting someone who required to see his mouth (eg deaf person lip reading) then he would have a reasonable excuse in law.

However his description implied he didn't want to wear a mask because he
A) doesn't believe CV is a serious illness
B) it was annoying to him.

This is exactly the mindset of "rules don't apply to me if I don't think they should" that DC had when he decided Durham would be a much better place to view the results of his "herd immunity" strategy than the front lines.

Beating CV will require everyone take actions for the collective good even if that is sometimes at their own detriment

What if one of the other people on the bus decided that, although their flatmate had a fever and dry cough, they didn't want to stay at home in the cramped flat. They felt pretty ok, just a little loss of smell. It's a sunny day. Be much nicer in the park than the flat...

So onto Borchesters bus they hop, not masking up because it's a faff....

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Dynamis on June 16, 2020, 06:09:30 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2020, 06:01:10 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on June 16, 2020, 05:56:41 PM

Of course, then again you want over half of the country shot or burnt at the stake for all kinds of minor things that irk you.

Thank you Senator McCarthy.

Not minor things, where you got burning from I don't know.  Most of the people I want offed are not worth the cost of a bullet. A gas operated captive bolt pistol costs very little to run.

With the amount of people you've said deserve this or that/hang drawing quartering/kneecapping/electrocuting(btw that pistol contraption is more effort than a gun..so they're worth all that effort for you),  your 'shitlist' has to be longer than grey's anatomy.

But I agree papa, let's superglue full PPE on everyone so that we can all be safe and safely die together in 35c heat, Imo a patriotic duty.
+++

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on June 16, 2020, 05:56:41 PM

Of course, then again you want over half of the country shot or burnt at the stake for all kinds of minor things that irk you.

Not minor things, where you got burning from I don't know.  Most of the people I want offed are not worth the cost of a bullet. A gas operated captive bolt pistol costs very little to run.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2020, 05:34:17 PM

The face shield I just reference complies with what is asked and frankly any stroppy (expletive deleted, should have mask or shield superglued on.

+++

papasmurf

The face shield I just reference complies with what is asked and frankly any stroppy (expletive deleted, should have mask or shield superglued on.

Borg Refinery

The Point
You

+++

BeElBeeBub

The Point
You

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Wearing a mask is a right bloody faff.  It's uncomfortable, hot, makes conversations and interaction difficult etc.

This type of face shield complies with the regulations:-

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester on June 16, 2020, 12:41:41 AM
Sadiq Khan is mayor of London and a sad bugger at best. In moments of stress the first thing he does is to blame the previous mayor who was Boris Johnson. Then he blames the government which is currently run by Boris Johnson. Then he starts on Donald Trump. And then the tea lady...

Finally when there is no one else to blame and the matter at hand has more or less sorted itself out, Saddo takes action. His latest wheeze is that all bus passengers must wear masks.

not sure why you are dragging the mayor of london into this.

The mask regulations for public transport are England wide regulations.  TFL are enforcing the law of the (Eng)land (which I am sure you are very keen on being upheld).

So I put mine on, got on the bus, sat down and took it off. Whereupon the bus grass squealed that I was suppose to be wearing it. Whence I replied eat shit fuckwit (I can be quite droll when the need arises), bollocks to the Chinese flu, I can't sodding well breath. And an old girl a couple of seats agreed with me.

So there you are. Forget the Peking Pox. The real killer is going to be asphyxiation from these bloody silly masks the numbnuts in the NHS are so keen on.

Good old

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 16, 2020, 01:10:16 PM

I don't know where you are getting your 5,000 figures from, but even that is well down on the false 8000 you were quoting a few weeks back. However, you did say "give it a week", and we all waited with bated breath and nothing happened.

Incubation time is 14 days.
Neither the 8000 or the 5000 are false they are given out once a week at the government briefings. The weekly infections from the ONS expressed in daily terms.
Latest  ONS 4500 infections per day:-

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/12june2020

This septic isle has now managed to re-infect New Zealand. (If I were a foreign government I would not let anyone from the UK in.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53059633

New Zealand's first Covid cases in 24 days came from UK
59 minutes ago