UK will lose respect overseas with Boris Johnson’s ‘mistaken’ decision to scrap

Started by Borchester, June 16, 2020, 10:24:39 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on June 16, 2020, 10:58:15 PM

It shocked me, but I think scrapping foreign aid (ie the foreign bribes & favours4favours) budget isn't too clever, and reduces our global influence[/size]

You do make me laugh dyno. That prospect article is a ten year old pile of pish , full of huggy  feelgood references to african poverty , Tony Blair hero worship , and a pat on the back for cameron the coward.

On the drum is out again thread , you say this..

QuoteThe point of my tangential rant, is that the whole thing is a clusterfeck from start to finish; and shines a bright light on WHY those problems are allowed to continue in Africa & elsewhere, it's because things around the world are run by bloody corrupt incompetents.

Talking about the corrupt world we live in and why africas consistent problems are allowed to continue , yet here you are seemingly trying to insinuate we should continue part of the system that maintains that global corruption by greasing the hands of the dodgy characters and corrupt incompetents that maintain the current world order.

I love the misuse of the english language as well , and the semantic word play when they use the word "aid" when talking about foreign backhanders.

Its similar to when they use the word "grant" when references the westminster government returning scottish taxpayers money to the scottish government . People have long seen through this , as streetwalker says in his post.

The uks global influence has been dissappearing for the last century. In 1920 , the uk was the worlds foremost superpower , with a navy bigger than the rest of the world combined. Today we have an army that could fit in wembley stadium , we build aircraft carriers with no aircraft , the russians sail our seas with impunity and uk sailors are taken captive by arab dhows in the persian gulf.

The uk global influence has been best summed up for decades , especially but not exclusively under the disaster of the blair government  , as nothing more than hanging onto the coatails of america .

The british armed forces are a regiment of the american forces , and westminster a tool of american foreign policy.

Thats uk global influence , while the foreign aid policy is a joke...

QuoteAs a system, foreign aid is a fraud and does nothing for inequality

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/02/as-a-system-foreign-aid-is-a-fraud-and-does-nothing-for-inequality
Now is the time to reassess overseas aid

https://www.taxpayersalliance.com/now_is_the_time_to_reassess_overseas_aid

The public are overwhelmingly against foreign "aid" being maintained and the uk , as a diminishing regional power , constantly struggles to meet its commitments . Charity begins at home.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Turned it off the second Starmer used Jo Cox's name as a tool.

Labour are a joke and I'll tell you why. Contrary to what all you Lefties and limp wristed Liberals think, Boris is doing a good job and talking sense. So to go against the sensible policy from government Labour have to try and curry votes by being extreme: Green Peace undid them selves in exactly the same way.

Think Labour should be lucky they are in opposition let alone talk of government!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Dynamis on June 16, 2020, 10:58:15 PM
Quote from: Barry on June 16, 2020, 10:31:57 PM
Do you mean that David Cameron who lied to us and said he would invoke Article 50 the day after the referendum, but resigned instead? He's now irrelevant to politics.

The merging of these 2 departments has been slowly happening and makes sense. Much of the public has had issues with the amount of cash we send to countries such as India and these payments will be reviewed.

Why should we send any foreign aid, unless a country needs help because of a disaster, in which case it is great.

Wow! Cameeon being consistent on SOMETHING.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/britain-ringfence-foreign-aid

It shocked me, but I think scrapping foreign aid (ie the foreign bribes & favours4favours) budget isn't too clever, and reduces our global influence

I too see no reason for foreign aid much of which appears to be on a standing order to countries that either waste it or don't need it . That doesn't of course mean the end of greasing the palms of international commerce with a few backhanders .

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on June 16, 2020, 10:31:57 PM
Do you mean that David Cameron who lied to us and said he would invoke Article 50 the day after the referendum, but resigned instead? He's now irrelevant to politics.

The merging of these 2 departments has been slowly happening and makes sense. Much of the public has had issues with the amount of cash we send to countries such as India and these payments will be reviewed.

Why should we send any foreign aid, unless a country needs help because of a disaster, in which case it is great.

Wow! Cameeon being consistent on SOMETHING.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/britain-ringfence-foreign-aid

It shocked me, but I think scrapping foreign aid (ie the foreign bribes & favours4favours) budget isn't too clever, and reduces our global influence
+++

Barry

† The end is nigh †