UK will lose respect overseas with Boris Johnson’s ‘mistaken’ decision to scrap

Started by Borchester, June 16, 2020, 10:24:39 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on June 18, 2020, 02:22:17 PM
Not being able to tell the difference between glue and grease could lead to some interesting cycling problems...

Spoken like someone who know?  ;D

patman post

Not being able to tell the difference between glue and grease could lead to some interesting cycling problems...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on June 18, 2020, 01:33:05 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 18, 2020, 11:55:21 AM
Just because BJ hasn't messed with his hair of late and doesn't grease it to his head like Starmer doesn't make Starmer the better politician. It was Starmer who when evidently dragged out to clap the NHS asked if the cameras had what they wanted. BJ is still recovering but is getting stronger as time goes on, but he is still a bit breathless if you listen carefully. It takes a lot out of you when you can't quite get enough breath and I recognise the signs. I still maintain that most ministers looks exhausted and yet we all beat them up if they show any human signs of frailty. Most of us wouldn't last a week in Downing street so I think we should give them all a chance.
Do you honestly believe that Boris doesn't give his hair a quick muss every time just before he appears in public? It's his second-nature trade-mark, just like the red nose is for an Auguste clown.
I doubt Starmer uses grease on his hair — though he could take grooming tips from the BBC's Huw Edwards...

Take it from me that Starmer glues his hair down perhaps until he gets a decent cut. He all stuck rigid and buttoned up throughout. Wooden is a lenient description. They claim he might be the model for Darcy a la Bridget Jones - in his dreams. I don't think BJ is the be all or end all, but he won enough votes with those who belong to the party and then in the country. It takes a degree of personality to do that, something that Starmer lacks. I doubt he ever undoes his top shirt button, is rarely instinctive and lacks people skills. What a bore.

patman post

Just because BJ hasn't messed with his hair of late and doesn't grease it to his head like Starmer doesn't make Starmer the better politician. It was Starmer who when evidently dragged out to clap the NHS asked if the cameras had what they wanted. BJ is still recovering but is getting stronger as time goes on, but he is still a bit breathless if you listen carefully. It takes a lot out of you when you can't quite get enough breath and I recognise the signs. I still maintain that most ministers looks exhausted and yet we all beat them up if they show any human signs of frailty. Most of us wouldn't last a week in Downing street so I think we should give them all a chance.
Do you honestly believe that Boris doesn't give his hair a quick muss every time just before he appears in public? It's his second-nature trade-mark, just like the red nose is for an Auguste clown.
I doubt Starmer uses grease on his hair — though he could take grooming tips from the BBC's Huw Edwards...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on June 18, 2020, 11:59:21 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2020, 11:57:18 AM

It amazes me that you and others cannot see what a useless bastard Bojo The Clown is.

The alternative if you don't remember was Corbyn and his complete circus.

As you say, Toots,  The Corbyn, Circus. Was! And anyway he could only ever have been an excuse to hide  any ineptitude possessed by Boris.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 18, 2020, 11:59:21 AM

Frankly that has zero to do with having a useless bastard like Bojo The Clown as prime minister.  He has no knowledge of current facts and gets embarrassed into taking so action by a young black footballer.
He now has the 1922 committee on his case, that usually ends up as being the kiss of death for a Tory PM.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2020, 11:57:18 AM

It amazes me that you and others cannot see what a useless bastard Bojo The Clown is.

papasmurf

T00ts

Good old

Quote from: patman post on June 17, 2020, 05:42:20 PM
Perhaps what will be saved on the foreign aid budget can pay for the red, white and blue repaint of the RAF Voyager aircraft used by the Prime Minister and members of the royal family.

"BOJO 1" could be changed back to grey 'very quickly' if deemed necessary in a wartime scenario, an RAF source said...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8429055/RAF-jumbo-jet-gets-paint-job-red-white-blue-Prime-Minister-use-trips-abroad.html

A saying not heard much now was ." If you can't fight wear a big hat".  Maybe Boris, has that in mind?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2020, 10:30:05 AM
Quote from: T00ts on June 18, 2020, 10:27:59 AM

This does make me smile. BJ and his government is sooooooooo incompetent. Has anyone looked at the Labour party recently? Show me anyone any more competent on the opposition benches.

Do you watch PMQs?  Starmer wipes the floor with Boris.

Who gives a crap? No one takes any notice of that sort of point scoring. Boris isn't saying anything because he doesn't have to. No one expects him to do much about the flu except wait for it to burn out. After that all he need do is take a hard line with the RU and he can spend the rest of his premiership waving his hands in the air and cheering us all up.

And Keir Starmer knows all this. Corbyn was lucky. He did not know what day of the week it was but he at least had his lame brained faith in the Revolution and the contradictions of the boss class that would lead to the inevitable collapse of Capitalism and that and that  to keep him going.
Starmer has none of that. He knows that the Labour party's only hope of getting into power is if Johnson makes a mega balls up. And unless that cold turned BoJo's brain to porridge, that won't happen any time soon.
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: Good old on June 18, 2020, 10:18:58 AM
Quote from: patman post on June 17, 2020, 06:05:34 PM
Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2020, 08:49:27 AM
You seriously think Labour have cat in hell's chance of winning an election?
At the moment, No. But the majority of new Tory votes were only lent because Corbyn's Labour lost them. Now dissatisfaction with Boris's leadership inside government, within the Tory party, and throughout the country is growing. Large scale unemployment, resurgence in Covid deaths, more lock-downs, inability to unite the country over many issues, etc, could motivate an electorate call for
Inside Boris Johnson's government, senior officials are exhausted, demoralized and starting to despair.
Their dreams of reshaping Britain for a bright post-Brexit world have been blown off course by coronavirus. With more than 41,000 Covid-19 deaths in the U.K., Johnson has presided over the worst record in the world after the U.S.
Now Britain faces among the heaviest financial tolls from the pandemic of any major economy, and the deepest recession in 300 years. In the background is the specter of compounding the pain by failing to reach a trade deal with the European Union, with Johnson next week set to try to rescue talks that are going nowhere.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-12/coronavirus-uk-boris-johnson-s-team-is-broken-and-losing-faith

U -turns, announcements, re-vamps of government depts, are all to deflect criticism of a regime that appears to be out of its depth...

As things stand that sums it up very well. But as they say," a week is a long time in politics". Johnson, has four and a half years ,so anything could happen. He will have a lot to do as the old excuses of . " The  bank crisis "."A Corbyn, Britain,"  Have run dry, or disappeared . Starmer does have a chance here of altering public perceptions regarding Labour, and at the very least could run the Tories close, simply because Boris, may prove so bad the Electorate became sick of him.
There is though an enormous ,BUT.  As Thomas, says its Scotland, without Scotland ,Tory incompetence may continue for some time yet.

This does make me smile. BJ and his government is sooooooooo incompetent. Has anyone looked at the Labour party recently? Show me anyone any more competent on the opposition benches.

Well the Tories have been conning the nation with that simple  retort for the last ten years. As I say Starmer has four and a half years to alter any impressions stamped into the public brain by media suggestion. I say that it is impossible to say for certain how competent any opposition would be. It's impossible to rate any politician with any accuracy , I would say Boris, is going to prove that one way or the other.

papasmurf

Do you watch PMQs?  Starmer wipes the floor with Boris.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on June 18, 2020, 10:18:58 AM
At the moment, No. But the majority of new Tory votes were only lent because Corbyn's Labour lost them. Now dissatisfaction with Boris's leadership inside government, within the Tory party, and throughout the country is growing. Large scale unemployment, resurgence in Covid deaths, more lock-downs, inability to unite the country over many issues, etc, could motivate an electorate call for change:

Inside Boris Johnson's government, senior officials are exhausted, demoralized and starting to despair.
Their dreams of reshaping Britain for a bright post-Brexit world have been blown off course by coronavirus. With more than 41,000 Covid-19 deaths in the U.K., Johnson has presided over the worst record in the world after the U.S.
Now Britain faces among the heaviest financial tolls from the pandemic of any major economy, and the deepest recession in 300 years. In the background is the specter of compounding the pain by failing to reach a trade deal with the European Union, with Johnson next week set to try to rescue talks that are going nowhere.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-12/coronavirus-uk-boris-johnson-s-team-is-broken-and-losing-faith

U -turns, announcements, re-vamps of government depts, are all to deflect criticism of a regime that appears to be out of its depth...

As things stand that sums it up very well. But as they say," a week is a long time in politics". Johnson, has four and a half years ,so anything could happen. He will have a lot to do as the old excuses of . " The  bank crisis "."A Corbyn, Britain,"  Have run dry, or disappeared . Starmer does have a chance here of altering public perceptions regarding Labour, and at the very least could run the Tories close, simply because Boris, may prove so bad the Electorate became sick of him.
There is though an enormous ,BUT.  As Thomas, says its Scotland, without Scotland ,Tory incompetence may continue for some time yet.

Good old

At the moment, No. But the majority of new Tory votes were only lent because Corbyn's Labour lost them. Now dissatisfaction with Boris's leadership inside government, within the Tory party, and throughout the country is growing. Large scale unemployment, resurgence in Covid deaths, more lock-downs, inability to unite the country over many issues, etc, could motivate an electorate call for change: