POLL: How are you liking the new forum?

Started by Forum admin, June 17, 2020, 03:47:14 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Forum admin on June 17, 2020, 08:53:44 PM
You will have to be more specific, needing attention tells us very little.
All seems to be more or less sorted, thanks.

But "Preview" function (minor quirk) — sometimes I have to hunt for the preview after clicking on Preview box. Can't see why that should happen. Doesn't seem to depend on size of post or if it contains a quote or not.

The rest is OK, eg, Remaining in thread after posting (fixed, thanks to info from Dynamis); Quote function (still involved, but fixed in a work-around); Signature (fixed, thanks)...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

I'm sitting on the fence. I know criticism leads to suggestions if i can do better then feel free to muck in .... ;-)

I presume we no longer have the issue of server errors due to loading caused by other users in the way we did. At least I have not seen them. I'm familiar with SMF from years, hell about a decade and a half ago now at least. It's Ok (take that as a compliment)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

There are now far too many "Robot" created news threads.  It was ridiculous when I logged on this morning.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on June 17, 2020, 11:40:15 PMDoes this line of text look OK? It's without the tags.

They both look the same to me.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Forum admin on June 17, 2020, 09:00:53 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on June 17, 2020, 03:58:01 PMMy main gripe is simply that I have to add fnt size tags to every post otherwise I get complaints that the font looks weird (it looks fine on my side) "Does my font look big in this?"

Your posts were getting complaints they looked weird as you were adding [ size ] [ /size ] BBcode to all your posts. It was disabled a few days ago.

This post is using size=12pt tags too but presumably the tags are invisible.

Does this line of text look OK? It's without the tags.
+++

Forum admin

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 17, 2020, 10:46:54 PMMy only gripe if you can call it that is when quoting a post all the previous  quoted messages in that post appear as well .

As I have just done, Select the txt you want to quote and then use Quote (selected). If you don't select any txt it will quote everything.

Streetwalker

As someone with no IT knowledge at all the forum works just fine for me .  My only gripe if you can call it that is when quoting a post all the previous  quoted messages in that post appear as well . (I just know you are going to tell me of an easy fix for that )

???

Forum admin

Quote from: Dynamis on June 17, 2020, 03:58:01 PMMy main gripe is simply that I have to add fnt size tags to every post otherwise I get complaints that the font looks weird (it looks fine on my side) "Does my font look big in this?"

Your posts were getting complaints they looked weird as you were adding [ size ] [ /size ] BBcode to all your posts. It was disabled a few days ago.

Forum admin

Quote from: patman post on June 17, 2020, 06:24:30 PM
On second thoughts — if we're talking technically — I agree it's too soon to say. And I guess running it is the best way to iron out the bugs. But, posting as a user of a few forums, I find this one the least easy to move around in and navigate.
I suggest items that need attention are:
Preview function
Remaining in thread after posting
Quote function
(I use Firefox on iMac and iPad, and rarely on PC)

But thanks for running it...

You will have to be more specific, needing attention tells us very little.

Forum admin

Quote from: patman post on June 17, 2020, 06:54:15 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on June 17, 2020, 06:33:33 PM
Modify profile > Look And Layout > Tick Return to topics after posting by default.[/size]
Thanks.
Strangely "Hide messages posted by members on my Ignore list" was checked, even though I'd never visited or ever put posters on Ignore...

PS: Why's my signature suddenly showing its layout instructions...?

"Hide messages posted by members on my Ignore list" is checked by default so that when you add someone to ignore you don't have to go searching as to why they are not ignored.

WYSISWG was disabled for a while and when it was reinstated it added extra scripting to your profile. Fixed now ;)

patman post

Quote from: Dynamis on June 17, 2020, 06:33:33 PM
Modify profile > Look And Layout > Tick Return to topics after posting by default.[/size]
Thanks.
Strangely "Hide messages posted by members on my Ignore list" was checked, even though I'd never visited or ever put posters on Ignore...

PS: Why's my signature suddenly showing its layout instructions...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on June 17, 2020, 06:24:30 PM
On second thoughts — if we're talking technically — I agree it's too soon to say. And I guess running it is the best way to iron out the bugs. But, posting as a user of a few forums, I find this one the least easy to move around in and navigate.
Preview function
Quote function

Agreed with those changes (preview doesn't work at all on my android), except you can change the settings to return you to the thread you posted in.

Modify profile > Look And Layout > Tick Return to topics after posting by default.
+++

patman post

Preview function
Quote function

Benson

It's very good on a laptop, not so good on a Smartphone.
How do you change your signature?

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe