Main Menu

The weed fairy.

Started by papasmurf, June 17, 2020, 05:01:02 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Weed Fairy found, apparently some of the locals including the neighbour who lives behind me had got fed up with the jungle growing on the pavements and footpaths due to council inaction and have got together to do the jungle clearance themselves.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sampanviking

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 18, 2020, 10:40:06 AM
Sampan is not the only one who was wondering

Budgie seed used to be the easiest way.

Not so now alas.

But some cheeky buggers do tend o use out of the way woodlands for their plantings. The last near here was up on the road to Cwm from Aberbeeg Sampan ...

You know John, there is nothing more I enjoy at this time of year, than a nice rambling roam through the woods. Nothing planned, just literally, follow your nose.....

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 19, 2020, 08:22:37 AM
Quote from: Barry on June 18, 2020, 04:40:35 PM

Almost can see whales

There are sometimes whales in the sea close to land where I live.

No, that was me in my drysuit when the valve went tits off the Manacles reef.  And (most) sharks you see of there, which is why we were IN the water then, are vegetarian
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 18, 2020, 04:40:35 PM

Almost can see whales

There are sometimes whales in the sea close to land where I live.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on June 18, 2020, 04:34:58 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 18, 2020, 11:58:15 AMYou have just revealed your gentle side. I often weed for my neighbours but it's mostly because their wild onions spread.
It's the wild oats you need to look out for. :)

LOL They are both well into their 80s and finding life tougher than me!

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis on June 18, 2020, 04:38:03 PMDo you have a welsh nudist colony in your backyard or something?
Almost can see whales from here, and a woman came out naked onto the extension roof opposite, once, but being a gentleman, I averted my eyes.
I like threads that turn surreal.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on June 18, 2020, 04:34:58 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 18, 2020, 11:58:15 AMYou have just revealed your gentle side. I often weed for my neighbours but it's mostly because their wild onions spread.

Do you have a welsh nudist colony in your backyard or something?
+++

Barry

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 18, 2020, 11:54:38 AM
I recall my oldest friend across the river being accused once of being "highbrow" in his musical tastes.

Feigning outrage he declared "but i *AM* Highbrow"

The term was still going well into the seventies long after lsd was illegal, and as a child of the baby boom era, I *AM* 70's...

These days the 60's and 70's are what i remember with increasing fondness. we didn't have all this quarantining shit when smallpox hit the valleys that's for sure.

But yes, it's nice of the neighbours to sort this out.  Our immediate neighbours offered me the unused space in their green bins for all the shite my chainsaw, strimmer and hedge trimmer have taken down over the lockdown period, It's taken a while but we can actually see the bottom of the garden now..
Don't forget to clap now you've probably made Tinkerbell homeless...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2020, 10:43:58 AM

I find it odd that people would still associate the word  weed with cannabis. How 60s.
I still have no clue as to who carried out the weed clearance. But is was a kind thing to do.

You have just revealed your gentle side. I often weed for my neighbours but it's mostly because their wild onions spread.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2020, 10:43:58 AM

I find it odd that people would still associate the word  weed with cannabis. How 60s.
I still have no clue as to who carried out the weed clearance. But is was a kind thing to do.

I recall my oldest friend across the river being accused once of being "highbrow" in his musical tastes.

Feigning outrage he declared "but i *AM* Highbrow"

The term was still going well into the seventies long after lsd was illegal, and as a child of the baby boom era, I *AM* 70's...

These days the 60's and 70's are what i remember with increasing fondness. we didn't have all this quarantining shit when smallpox hit the valleys that's for sure.

But yes, it's nice of the neighbours to sort this out.  Our immediate neighbours offered me the unused space in their green bins for all the shite my chainsaw, strimmer and hedge trimmer have taken down over the lockdown period, It's taken a while but we can actually see the bottom of the garden now..
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

johnofgwent

Budgie seed used to be the easiest way.

Not so now alas.

But some cheeky buggers do tend o use out of the way woodlands for their plantings. The last near here was up on the road to Cwm from Aberbeeg Sampan ...

Sampanviking

I genuinely thought this would be a very different kind of story and I was wondering how to the get fairy to visit over here.

papasmurf

My wife has just come back from her daily walk and noticed some kind soul has cleared the large weeds from alongside our garage, and taken the resulting cuttings away. (It is outside of our property, due to the lock down I could not clear them.)