Would you take the knee?

Started by T00ts, June 18, 2020, 02:19:19 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on July 06, 2020, 09:26:21 AM
hello Sheeps nice to see you,Sheeps lives matter :)

Especially ones raised on salt marshes, there is no need for mint sauce.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on July 06, 2020, 09:23:52 AM
Oh sure, just remind us again who made such a ridiculous statement that Black lives didn't matter. it must have escaped me.
hello Sheeps nice to see you,Sheeps lives matter :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Oh sure, just remind us again who made such a ridiculous statement that Black lives didn't matter. it must have escaped me.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis on June 18, 2020, 04:21:36 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on June 18, 2020, 04:18:26 PM
Well my wife proposed to me , very much against the traditions of the day and no she didn't kneel as she had me in a head lock at the time .

So that just leaves the Queen then .

😁 ..Proposals south london style?

In wales they hit you over the head with a rock from the beach.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: MrMonkey23 on June 25, 2020, 02:22:46 PMAgain, rather than just admit that black people can be just as guilty as white people of doing wrong, lets just try and have a pointless stab at a post that suggests that somehow skin colour is not free reign to do as one wishes
Isn't that the point? Too often "skin colour" is a barrier to opportunity**, whereas all those guilty of doing wrong are subject to the same laws — even if they're not equally applied...

**cue repeat of the story of Police refusing White applicants...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

MrMonkey23

Take a knee? I'll take a knee out of this couples book...  I will not apologise for being white - not a decision I made... In the same what that we are told black people did not choose to be black (and I do not see anythign wrong with that)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9AQEHOZYB4

johnofgwent

Quote from: MrMonkey23 on June 25, 2020, 02:22:46 PM
Again, rather than just admit that black people can be just as guilty as white people of doing wrong, lets just try and have a pointless stab at a post that suggests that somehow skin colour is not free reign to do as one wishes

well exactly, how many black monarchs of england have their been. Clear racism
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Javert

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 01:01:36 PM
Quote from: patman post on June 25, 2020, 12:45:34 PM
Quote from: MrMonkey23 on June 25, 2020, 10:41:26 AMI believe all life matters, even that of a black man who robbed a white lady at gunpoint.
And, I guess, also the lives of the two White Police officers who've been charged with murder of Black men...

The point is that whoever commits murder is subject to the law. All lives matter.

As I understand it the BLM movement is based on the fact that black people's lives matter less than white and was first formed in the USA, in response to various acts of police killing black people and then being let off with no action, or acquitted in court even when the incident was on film.

It is not a black supremacy movement but a black equality movement.

Based on that, if you then say it's wrong because "all lives matter", the question to ask is:

When there were posters "we love Manchester" after the Manchester bombing, did you post angrily on social media - what about the people of Upper Basildon - surely we love everyone?

When after the Boston Bombings there were movements "we stand with Boston" - did you get very angry that it should be "we stand with everybody".

When you get a letter from Save the Children, do you angrily rip it up saying "why are children more important than adults".

If not, and if you understand what the BLM movement stands for, then you appear to be the victim of unconscious race bias.

It may also be that you don't know what BLM stands for or how it was formed.  In fact, there is an argument that BLM is a poor slogan to then be re-purposed as a general slogan of movements to demand equality of minorities globally, precisely because anyone who hasn't been aware of it's foundations can challenge "does this mean black people matter more than white" or suchlike when that was never the intent.  The same applies to other minorities who could also say "how com blacks are specifically mentioned in this slogan but I'm not".  Therefore it's actually not an ideal slogan and I'm pretty sure Martin Luther King or whatever would not have used this as a slogan.

Barry

This thread hijacking is getting beyond a joke. Tory murdering scum blah blah blah
† The end is nigh †

MrMonkey23

Quote from: patman post on June 25, 2020, 12:45:34 PM
Quote from: MrMonkey23 on June 25, 2020, 10:41:26 AMI believe all life matters, even that of a black man who robbed a white lady at gunpoint.
And, I guess, also the lives of the two White Police officers who've been charged with murder of Black men...

Again, rather than just admit that black people can be just as guilty as white people of doing wrong, lets just try and have a pointless stab at a post that suggests that somehow skin colour is not free reign to do as one wishes

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 02:15:30 PM

Would you risk your life on it not being slanted to confirm your argument? Don't get me wrong. I appreciate that there are problems and we should do our best to address them. There are those who are incapable of dealing with money, unable to plan or budget. A fine example was a woman I tried hard to help. Her rent was paid to her instead of to her landlord. She thought she was rich so rushed off to town returning with bags and bags of complete rubbish that she never used. Then wondered why she was in trouble with the landlord. Then she rushed out and bought a mobile phone that you or I would realise she couldn't afford. She simply couldn't cope with having cash in the bank. Eventually a social worker managed to get it changed I am not sure how.
There are too many people with an agenda who are more than happy to paint everything black just to give themselves more power over everyone else. It isn't always a fair assessment of the whole story. But then you know that don't you?

None of that addresses the unnessary deaths due to the hostile environment, or the actuarial evidence. Coroners notices to prevent deaths ignored, seriously ill people being wrongly found fit for work and dying before a tribunal date.
The list is long and nothing has been done to address the hostile environment.
It is a national scandal and has killed more than Covid-19.
(A significant number of the dead are BAME.) No mass protests about that though.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 02:00:59 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 01:49:48 PM

It is not truth, it is your version of it determined by selective reading and information.

It is evidence based, every DWP minister since  May 2010 until the present, should be in the dock over the unnecessary deaths due to the hostile environment for claimants on their watch.

Would you risk your life on it not being slanted to confirm your argument? Don't get me wrong. I appreciate that there are problems and we should do our best to address them. There are those who are incapable of dealing with money, unable to plan or budget. A fine example was a woman I tried hard to help. Her rent was paid to her instead of to her landlord. She thought she was rich so rushed off to town returning with bags and bags of complete rubbish that she never used. Then wondered why she was in trouble with the landlord. Then she rushed out and bought a mobile phone that you or I would realise she couldn't afford. She simply couldn't cope with having cash in the bank. Eventually a social worker managed to get it changed I am not sure how.
There are too many people with an agenda who are more than happy to paint everything black just to give themselves more power over everyone else. It isn't always a fair assessment of the whole story. But then you know that don't you?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 01:49:48 PM

It is not truth, it is your version of it determined by selective reading and information.

It is evidence based, every DWP minister since  May 2010 until the present, should be in the dock over the unnecessary deaths due to the hostile environment for claimants on their watch.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 01:32:10 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 01:22:09 PM

:o :o :o :o :o That's not worthy of you.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

papasmurf