To the surprise of no-one...tracking app changes

Started by BeElBeeBub, June 18, 2020, 04:26:15 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 28, 2020, 08:04:32 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2020, 05:50:33 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 28, 2020, 05:37:50 PMI suppose that includes 100 MP's and over half the country, so we're all 5 year olds and Toots is the only grown up in the room. 

Quote (selected)

That's cool, what's your favourite performance? I do like ballet quite a lot, actually.

There is a saying - if the cap fits!

Why yes, jumping up and down in frustration at others criticising the govt/ jumping up and down in frustration at the govt, is a winning strategy, one must do it as frequently as possible.   :D :D :D

Quoteam a bit of a classicist so I love the old classics. Swan Lake, Giselle, La Fille. I am not so keen on modern choreography partly because I don't always like the music but also some of it seems like choreography for choreography sake. I guess I don't follow the crowd in anything.

I only know the classics and have watched a couple of performances, that's all I know. Do they make new modern ballets? I guess they must but truthfully I was unaware..

Have you ever been to the Bolshoi?

I have seen them when they came here for the first time. A load of us queued outside Covent Garden for a week. Great fun. I also saw Nureyev with Fontaine when he first defected.  Happy days but hard.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2020, 05:50:33 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 28, 2020, 05:37:50 PMI suppose that includes 100 MP's and over half the country, so we're all 5 year olds and Toots is the only grown up in the room. 

Quote (selected)

That's cool, what's your favourite performance? I do like ballet quite a lot, actually.

There is a saying - if the cap fits!

Why yes, jumping up and down in frustration at others criticising the govt/ jumping up and down in frustration at the govt, is a winning strategy, one must do it as frequently as possible.   :D :D :D

Quoteam a bit of a classicist so I love the old classics. Swan Lake, Giselle, La Fille. I am not so keen on modern choreography partly because I don't always like the music but also some of it seems like choreography for choreography sake. I guess I don't follow the crowd in anything.

I only know the classics and have watched a couple of performances, that's all I know. Do they make new modern ballets? I guess they must but truthfully I was unaware..

Have you ever been to the Bolshoi?
+++

T00ts

Quote (selected)

There is a saying - if the cap fits! I am a bit of a classicist so I love the old classics. Swan Lake, Giselle, La Fille. I am not so keen on modern choreography partly because I don't always like the music but also some of it seems like choreography for choreography sake. I guess I don't follow the crowd in anything.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2020, 05:30:29 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 28, 2020, 05:24:22 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2020, 04:55:18 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 28, 2020, 04:49:35 PM
You are just inventing arguments I never made - Jav said " I'm not really seeing under which law you could argue discrimination there,", but I never even made that claim.

It's what he does, invent false arguments and insists people were saying something completely different to what they said. It shows he's de facto in favour of the govt's regulations, just as you are. ;)

The difference is he's been non-stop criticising this govt so it's doubly inconsistent, but then what do you expect from hypocritical Lib Dems who backtrack on literally everything ever....

Ooooh have I been put down? You wouldn't be feeling all masculine would you?

Huh? ::)

QuoteHave I said that I am in full favour of government actions per se? I have said we should give them a chance and that assessment will come later.

You admit you are a Tory through and through and said we should back them without criticism.

^ Your words, not mine.

I'm not Javert and have no need to make things up for the sake of 'getting one over' on anyone over as that's especially childish, ironically, complaining about childishness... ;)

QuoteI have just downloaded the trace app just out of interest to see what happens. Oh and just to remind you - I am female I am allowed to change my mind - it's a rite of passage that kicks in at about 5 years of age!    ;D :P :-*

;D

I am a Tory but not stupid.

And did anyone suggest you are?

QuoteI see the problems I just don't see the point of jumping up and down in frustration. I like a bit of self control.

Well done. Everyone in the country criticising the govt lacks self control.

I suppose that includes 100 MP's and over half the country, so we're all 5 year olds and Toots is the only grown up in the room.  :D

QuoteIt's the ballerina in me I think. Just think if my partner threw a hissy fit - or I did - I would have been in a heap on the floor. It's always the girl that's 6 ft in the air. It taught me quite a life lesson.  ::) ::)

+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 28, 2020, 05:24:22 PM
You are just inventing arguments I never made - Jav said " I'm not really seeing under which law you could argue discrimination there,", but I never even made that claim.

It's what he does, invent false arguments and insists people were saying something completely different to what they said. It shows he's de facto in favour of the govt's regulations, just as you are. ;)

The difference is he's been non-stop criticising this govt so it's doubly inconsistent, but then what do you expect from hypocritical Lib Dems who backtrack on literally everything ever....

QuoteHave I said that I am in full favour of government actions per se? I have said we should give them a chance and that assessment will come later.

You admit you are a Tory through and through and said we should back them without criticism.

^ Your words, not mine.

I'm not Javert and have no need to make things up for the sake of 'getting one over' on anyone over as that's especially childish, ironically, complaining about childishness... ;)

QuoteI have just downloaded the trace app just out of interest to see what happens. Oh and just to remind you - I am female I am allowed to change my mind - it's a rite of passage that kicks in at about 5 years of age!    ;D :P :-*

;D

I am a Tory but not stupid. I see the problems I just don't see the point of jumping up and down in frustration. I like a bit of self control. It's the ballerina in me I think. Just think if my partner threw a hissy fit - or I did - I would have been in a heap on the floor. It's always the girl that's 6 ft in the air. It taught me quite a life lesson.  ::) ::)

Borg Refinery

^ Your words, not mine.

;D
+++

T00ts

Ooooh have I been put down? You wouldn't be feeling all masculine would you? Have I said that I am in full favour of government actions per se? I have said we should give them a chance and that assessment will come later.

I have just downloaded the trace app just out of interest to see what happens. Oh and just to remind you - I am female I am allowed to change my mind - it's a rite of passage that kicks in at about 5 years of age!    ;D :P :-*

Borg Refinery

The difference is he's been non-stop criticising this govt so it's doubly inconsistent, but then what do you expect from hypocritical pseudo-Remainer Lib Dems who constantly backtrack and reinvent theirs and others' arguments. ;)
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 28, 2020, 04:22:20 PM
Quote from: Javert on September 28, 2020, 04:03:31 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 28, 2020, 03:30:21 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8778071/amp/Pubs-restaurants-told-make-customers-use-barcode-despite-glaring-errors.html

Pubs and restaurants have been told they 'must' display app's QR code poster
Punters claim they have been refused entry if they do not have the app installed
Hospitality expert calls for 'trust' from Goverment, asking them to end curfew 
That's despite major faults that mean the app cannot work on millions of phones 
The tracing app requires a special pin code to register coronavirus test results
Those who tested for coronavirus with the NHS did not receive a pin code
Other Bluetooth devices can interfere with the signal giving a 'false positive'
Pubs and restaurants are turning away customers who don't have the Government's 'pathetic' tracing app,' - despite glaring errors that stopped thousands from logging their test results.

The beleaguered app's latest fiasco came last night when it blocked up to 70,000 users from logging their test results.

Well the pubs are supposed to provide a paper based option for anyone who hasn't got a phone or doesn't want to install the app.

However, if the pub is effectively a privately run business, it may well be that an individual pub can perfectly legitimately refuse entry to people who don't have a phone with the app on it - I'm not really seeing under which law you could argue discrimination there, considering that pubs can bar people for whatever reason under their own discretion.

So you're in favour of barring people who A) don't have smartphones (or don't take them with them, like me) and B) barring folks who don't wanna install a faulty phone app that saps battery life (read the comments on twitter - NHS worker NEEDS their fone for work, says they can't have the app) and C) you think folks should give their data will nilly on paper to the most trustworthy people ever...bartenders, when abuses have already occurred.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/test-trace-used-harass-women-already/amp/

You are sounding like another sycophantic Westminster party worshipper who unquestioningly obeys Bojo's commands.. what next? Brexit is unquestionably good for us?

That's hardly fair. All he is saying is that as a private business pubs have discretion as to who they allow in their establishments and he's not sure what law they would be breaking. That doesn't make him anything other than someone giving a view on the legal problem.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Javert on September 28, 2020, 04:03:31 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8778071/amp/Pubs-restaurants-told-make-customers-use-barcode-despite-glaring-errors.html

Punters claim they have been refused entry if they do not have the app installed
The tracing app requires a special pin code to register coronavirus test results
Pubs and restaurants are turning away customers who don't have the Government's 'pathetic' tracing app,' - despite glaring errors that stopped thousands from logging their test results.

The beleaguered app's latest fiasco came last night when it blocked up to 70,000 users from logging their test results.

Well the pubs are supposed to provide a paper based option for anyone who hasn't got a phone or doesn't want to install the app.

However, if the pub is effectively a privately run business, it may well be that an individual pub can perfectly legitimately refuse entry to people who don't have a phone with the app on it - I'm not really seeing under which law you could argue discrimination there, considering that pubs can bar people for whatever reason under their own discretion.

So you're in favour of barring people who A) don't have smartphones (or don't take them with them, like me) and B) barring folks who don't wanna install a faulty phone app that saps battery life (read the comments on twitter - NHS worker NEEDS their fone for work, says they can't have the app) and C) you think folks should give their data will nilly on paper to the most trustworthy people ever...bartenders, when abuses have already occurred.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/test-trace-used-harass-women-already/amp/

You are sounding like another sycophantic Westminster party worshipper who unquestioningly obeys Bojo's commands.. what next? Brexit is unquestionably good for us?

+++

Javert

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 26, 2020, 05:37:08 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 26, 2020, 05:16:01 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 26, 2020, 05:10:27 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 26, 2020, 09:06:56 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 25, 2020, 11:07:55 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/nhs-coronavirus-app-covid-19-not-working-download-how-apple-iphone-android-b597174.html%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-54240777

Wow they really are f**king USELESS!

The app is thought still not work fully even on the latest phones with the updated app.

Let's hear the defences for this latest clusterfuck then..

I asked my daughter if she would use it and her comment was that she is not buying a new phone just to accommodate it. How many times have governments of all flavours attempted IT projects for each one to be an abject failure? Buy cheap buy twice is a mantra in my family and it seems that Governments go for the lowest tender or whatever and get very little as a result. With the amount of money wasted it seems to me that we need some real changes in the Whitehall bargain basement dept.

I agree completely.

When you put Cummings the clueless in charge of whitehall, expect the above..

No that's hardly fair. Problems with IT go back decades no matter Labour or Conservative or Condem. It makes little difference. For some reason we are inept.  Maybe Cummings will find out why.

How apt. ;)

I don't think he will bother, I think he is more interested in transferring as much state money as possible to his friends without ever caring how the app develops, just like condem Toories, lab, Tory Tories as well.

Anyone would think there's COI prevention mechanisms in these sectors or sumthin'.

I didn't expect you to agree with me.  ;D

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 26, 2020, 05:16:01 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 26, 2020, 05:10:27 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 26, 2020, 09:06:56 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 25, 2020, 11:07:55 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/nhs-coronavirus-app-covid-19-not-working-download-how-apple-iphone-android-b597174.html%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-54240777

Wow they really are f**king USELESS!

The app is thought still not work fully even on the latest phones with the updated app.

Let's hear the defences for this latest clusterfuck then..

I asked my daughter if she would use it and her comment was that she is not buying a new phone just to accommodate it. How many times have governments of all flavours attempted IT projects for each one to be an abject failure? Buy cheap buy twice is a mantra in my family and it seems that Governments go for the lowest tender or whatever and get very little as a result. With the amount of money wasted it seems to me that we need some real changes in the Whitehall bargain basement dept.

I agree completely.

When you put Cummings the clueless in charge of whitehall, expect the above..

No that's hardly fair. Problems with IT go back decades no matter Labour or Conservative or Condem. It makes little difference. For some reason we are inept.  Maybe Cummings will find out why.

How apt. ;)

I don't think he will bother, I think he is more interested in transferring as much state money as possible to his friends without ever caring how the app develops, just like condem Toories, lab, Tory Tories as well.

Anyone would think there's COI prevention mechanisms in these sectors or sumthin'.
+++