UK society regressing back to 1950s for many women, warn experts

Started by Dynamis, June 18, 2020, 04:35:15 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2020, 05:06:59 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 18, 2020, 05:00:14 PM
This makes me laugh. The slavish left is so easily fooled. Women have always ruled. Men have just never realised it.

What an odd comment "slavish left" what are you on a about it is the misogynist Tory MPs who are the problem.

Ah the fifties.

In the fifties, women who found they HAD to work had mothers from the thirties who absolutely did NOT and were thus a freely available source of child care.

Housing costs whether mortgage or rent have spiralled beyond stupidity to the point that today's mothers are shelling out money to "professional" child carers because they HAVE to work to contribute to the bills and guess what their mothers are in the same damn boat to a greater or lesser extent because the marvellous life style **COSTS MONEY** in a way sitting at home al day doing the house work and having nothing but a tin bath and amangle never did.

In the fifties and sixties, those women who found they HAD to work full time found ways for neighbours and relatives to provide their child care. In the fifties and sixties those women who found they HAD to work part time organised rotas with their neighbours so that their school age kids were looked after by whicher "mum" was home until they all were, and vice versa. Those women who found their part time jobs required them to be in work before school started dropped their kids at a neighbour whose part time job did not start so early, so they could take all the kids to school, and have theirs met in reciprocation.

In short, the community looked after itself.

What we need is a RETURN to that community. And the housing market taking a tanking so one side in a marriage can work less hours and still meet the bills is the first step.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 25, 2020, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2020, 05:31:25 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on June 18, 2020, 05:19:56 PM

Hehe. Don't mind papa. I thought you might be one of those orion girls from star trek.

"You don't get it do you archer? It's them who rule us!!"

I can remember the days when the man came home on Friday and his wife took his pay packet off of him kept what was needed to pay the bills and the husband got back what was left if there was anything left.

you mean they don't still. damn. nobody told me.

Don't worry -we do!  :-*

johnofgwent

Hehe. Don't mind papa. I thought you might be one of those orion girls from star trek.

I can remember the days when the man came home on Friday and his wife took his pay packet off of him kept what was needed to pay the bills and the husband got back what was left if there was anything left.

you mean they don't still. damn. nobody told me.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

This makes me laugh. The slavish left is so easily fooled. Women have always ruled. Men have just never realised it.

T00ts

Quite right too.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

+++

Borchester

Well that is true Toots.

Most men don't bother because women bully us so prettily and a few are like poor old Pappy who just does not notice anything.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 18, 2020, 05:14:00 PM

Rubbish - you are telling me there are no misogynists in the Labour party

You used the term "slavish left" not Labour Party.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2020, 05:06:59 PM

What an odd comment "slavish left" what are you on a about it is the misogynist Tory MPs who are the problem.

Rubbish - you are telling me there are no misogynists in the Labour party or in most workplaces in the country? It's never been any different. Yes the left is slavish. Even here on this forum the lefties carefully massage each others viewpoint. It's almost a luv-in. I don't blame them at all. There is security in numbers and lets face it the numbers are pretty thin especially in the ballot box - but don't tell anyone.   ;D ;D

papasmurf

T00ts