Main Menu

Reading stabbings

Started by Barry, June 20, 2020, 10:11:11 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 24, 2020, 11:46:18 AM

except that as you know perfectly well, half the f**king planet is "known" to the security services, INCLUDING you and me.

In Britain not half, but a legacy of some of the stupid reasons for signing the Official Secrets act in the past some 2 million people have a "spook," file  and I am in no doubt you and I are two of them.

It does have its advantages, it is also flagged on the PNC and reduces, (in my experience,) the chance of being stop checked.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 21, 2020, 05:29:00 PM
Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 04:47:13 PM

but they did take a guess, initially saying, "was not thought to be terrorism-related" based on a false probability.

Even worse the man arrested "was known to the Security Services. ("Ticker Tape" breaking news.)

except that as you know perfectly well, half the fucking planet is "known" to the security services, INCLUDING you and me.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on June 24, 2020, 10:29:39 AM
Quote from: Good old on June 23, 2020, 02:49:00 PMThe plot thickens. Whatever his motive, his mother seems to have had it spot on. Perpetrators of these sorts of crime's have to be considered deranged. If this is considered ,a political crime ,it's no excuse for going around stabbing unarmed, unaware citizens .
I'm waiting for the demonstrations across the UK and America to protest these killings.

Exactly. Power is more important than race.

Barry

Quote from: Good old on June 23, 2020, 02:49:00 PMThe plot thickens. Whatever his motive, his mother seems to have had it spot on. Perpetrators of these sorts of crime's have to be considered deranged. If this is considered ,a political crime ,it's no excuse for going around stabbing unarmed, unaware citizens .
I'm waiting for the demonstrations across the UK and America to protest these killings.
† The end is nigh †

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 02:53:43 PM
Quote from: Good old on June 23, 2020, 02:49:00 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 02:11:44 PM
Quote from: Sampanviking on June 23, 2020, 02:09:02 PM
According to Channel 4 last night, the suspect was a former Democracy protestor in Libya, who came to UK, highly disillusioned after Libya fell to pieces.
In the UK, he converted to Christianity and was a regular Church goer.

Can't vouch for it, simply what Channel 4 was saying.

I thought I read that he had been de-radicalised and his mother thought he should have been sectioned.

The plot thickens. Whatever his motive, his mother seems to have had it spot on. Perpetrators of these sorts of crime's have to be considered deranged. If this is considered ,a political crime ,it's no excuse for going around stabbing unarmed, unaware citizens .

Looking at it again he was sought out previously (the day before?) by his mental health team for missing an appointment.

In the circumstance ,there will have to be a clear link to a terrorist organisation. Being Libyan, with mental issues won't automatically make this considered a terrorist crime. Perry Mason, would see the possibilities in that.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on June 23, 2020, 02:49:00 PM
According to Channel 4 last night, the suspect was a former Democracy protestor in Libya, who came to UK, highly disillusioned after Libya fell to pieces.

I thought I read that he had been de-radicalised and his mother thought he should have been sectioned.

The plot thickens. Whatever his motive, his mother seems to have had it spot on. Perpetrators of these sorts of crime's have to be considered deranged. If this is considered ,a political crime ,it's no excuse for going around stabbing unarmed, unaware citizens .

Looking at it again he was sought out previously (the day before?) by his mental health team for missing an appointment.

Good old

T00ts

Sampanviking

boggart

Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2020, 10:28:14 AM
Right well a bloke who was chased said the attacker turned his attention to a group who were sat down,my guess (and it is only a guess) is that they were targeted,not because they were gay but because they were sat on the grass and couldn't run immediately.

I note that Sarah Vine had tweeted #gaylivesmatter so I presumed it was about their sexuality.

Good old

We can all keep guessing, gives us poor old sod's something to do . The police are a different matter all together . They should  have a prosecution coming up shortly. If that got thrown out of court because of something stupid they have done ,or said . Then we really would have a moan.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2020, 10:43:23 AM

Yes that's why I said it was a guess ::)

That is why I wrote it would not surprise me.  (It will have to be investigated and eliminated or not.)

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2020, 10:35:45 AM
Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2020, 10:28:14 AMguess) is that they were targeted,not because they were gay but because they were sat on the grass and couldn't run immediately.

Until investigations are completed we just don't know.
Yes that's why I said it was a guess ::)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2020, 10:28:14 AMguess) is that they were targeted,not because they were gay but because they were sat on the grass and couldn't run immediately.

Until investigations are completed we just don't know.

cromwell

Right well a bloke who was chased said the attacker turned his attention to a group who were sat down,my guess (and it is only a guess) is that they were targeted,not because they were gay but because they were sat on the grass and couldn't run immediately.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?