Main Menu

Reading stabbings

Started by Barry, June 20, 2020, 10:11:11 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 21, 2020, 07:53:47 AM
Quote from: cromwell on June 21, 2020, 07:41:07 AM

TBH Thomas I'm surprised that the first thought would be that it could still be allied to the earlier Blm protest and that the Beeb and police would lie about that.
If we are being fair isn't it just as valid to say that when incidents like this occur some people assume it must've been connected to an earlier protest they don't approve of?

I've no idea where the truth lies I just posted the latest official info,just seems to me that as a nation we are becoming much more polarised and what's true or false doesn't matter anymore there is just a divide that is widening.

Well cromwell , as you know over the years we have done thread after thread of bbc propaganda and lies over a number of forums ,  so thats no surprise , and the police obviously dont want any race issues so will continue to play things down as being "under investigation".

Im not sure what has happened , i have only just got up and read about this , but  the bbc is not some benchmark of honesty and truth to be believed without question. So i always start from a sceptical position with them.

My social media feed like facebook etc etc has been full of these BLM protests , both here and in yank land , for the last week and some of the stuff i have seen is unbelievable. These people are feckin animals , and the politicians and police forces need to come down on them like a toin of feckin bricks before they set off racial conflict.

On this subject i will try and keep an open mind , and wait and see what is behind it all . It was only last week though the bbc were tarring ex squaddies defending cenotaphs as "far right racists" so quite obviously certain organisations do indeed connect protests and incidents to certain groups when it suits.

I have absolutely no time whatsoever for these BLM protesters .
As I posted Thomas I really don't know why or all of what happened,the Beeb and police are also saying they don't think it's terrorist related,

This all reminds me of the Manchester bombing,I saw reports very shortly after it happened and it was reported only as a possible terrorist incident which is what I posted,when I logged on later one poster was all over it with no"no shit Sherlock" comments because by then it had been confirmed as terrorism,another with no knowledge was complaining of the openness of the venue and lack of security with no idea of the geography of the place.

We're we still in the middle of London Bridge type attacks would the assumption not be this is one of those?
As far as BLM protests go I don't approve of all that has happened but do understand that a section of society here and in the wider world have had enough of not just decades but hundreds of years of being crapped on from time to time and are complaining about it.

Let's face it Thomas are they much different from Scots who say we've had enough of those English treating us as second class and want out?
As a unionist I don't agree with their objective but do understand in many ways they have a point,same with blm
I just feel as I said earlier we are becoming more and more polarised and what's true or false,right or wrong doesn't seem to matter anymore,still what the feck do I know being a hand wringing liberal :) :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 21, 2020, 07:41:07 AM

TBH Thomas I'm surprised that the first thought would be that it could still be allied to the earlier Blm protest and that the Beeb and police would lie about that.
If we are being fair isn't it just as valid to say that when incidents like this occur some people assume it must've been connected to an earlier protest they don't approve of?

I've no idea where the truth lies I just posted the latest official info,just seems to me that as a nation we are becoming much more polarised and what's true or false doesn't matter anymore there is just a divide that is widening.

Well cromwell , as you know over the years we have done thread after thread of bbc propaganda and lies over a number of forums ,  so thats no surprise , and the police obviously dont want any race issues so will continue to play things down as being "under investigation".

Im not sure what has happened , i have only just got up and read about this , but  the bbc is not some benchmark of honesty and truth to be believed without question. So i always start from a sceptical position with them.

My social media feed like facebook etc etc has been full of these BLM protests , both here and in yank land , for the last week and some of the stuff i have seen is unbelievable. These people are feckin animals , and the politicians and police forces need to come down on them like a toin of feckin bricks before they set off racial conflict.

On this subject i will try and keep an open mind , and wait and see what is behind it all . It was only last week though the bbc were tarring ex squaddies defending cenotaphs as "far right racists" so quite obviously certain organisations do indeed connect protests and incidents to certain groups when it suits.

I have absolutely no time whatsoever for these BLM protesters .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 21, 2020, 07:21:42 AM
Quote from: cromwell on June 21, 2020, 06:46:55 AM
Police say it is unrelated to the earlier blm protest.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53124359

Possibly , but to be fair though cromwell , the police and the bbc would say that anyway wouldnt they?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 21, 2020, 06:46:55 AM

Possibly , but to be fair though cromwell , the police and the bbc would say that anyway wouldnt they?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on June 20, 2020, 10:11:11 PM
I was thinking this afternoon after the 4th BLM illegal protest provocations, what would make them happy.

I think the answer might be a conflict upon racial lines. Nobody wants that, surely.

The police etc are playing it close to their chests at present. Requests that film footage not be shared except with them suggests that there were crowds and it was a right fracas. No doubt details will surface when they are ready and relatives informed etc.

Barry

I was thinking this afternoon after the 4th BLM illegal protest provocations, what would make them happy.

I think the answer might be a conflict upon racial lines. Nobody wants that, surely.
† The end is nigh †