Main Menu

Reading stabbings

Started by Barry, June 20, 2020, 10:11:11 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Barry on June 22, 2020, 09:01:30 PM
Who suggested a conspiracy?

Now, were these men targeted because of their sexuality?

Firstly look at John's post. He can see conspiracy it seems. Exactly another possibility in a case like this

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 22, 2020, 09:01:30 PM

Now, were these men targeted because of their sexuality?

It would not surprise me, there are precedents with "lone wolf," attacks. However IF it is the case it would have needed pre-planning and observation by the attacker.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on June 21, 2020, 04:40:32 PM

Don't see what the rush is to know the motive, unless of course it's to have that told you so moment.
For the police this could have been someone not taking the pills. It could have been, retribution . It could be terrorism. It could have been related to events earlier in the park. It can take a while to get the truth. Why should they take a guess based on probability just to satisfy a number of told you so,s.?

The "rush" to know is driven by proven track records of denying there is a problem. ask anyone in Rochdale, Rotherham ... Oxford ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on June 21, 2020, 05:33:49 PM
Now a link:-

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53129046

The man held on suspicion of killing three people at a park in Reading was known to MI5, security sources say.

Khairi Saadallah, 25, from the town, was arrested at the scene on Saturday and police say they are not looking for anyone else over the terror incident.

Sources told the BBC he is originally from Libya and came to the attention of MI5 in 2019.

This is how it should be. Now we know. But for those who would see a conspiracy . Where is it?

papasmurf

Now a link:-

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53129046

The man held on suspicion of killing three people at a park in Reading was known to MI5, security sources say.

Khairi Saadallah, 25, from the town, was arrested at the scene on Saturday and police say they are not looking for anyone else over the terror incident.

Sources told the BBC he is originally from Libya and came to the attention of MI5 in 2019.

Good old

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 04:47:13 PM

Don't see what the rush is to know the motive, unless of course it's to have that told you so moment.
For the police this could have been someone not taking the pills. It could have been, retribution . It could be terrorism. It could have been related to events earlier in the park. It can take a while to get the truth. Why should they take a guess based on probability just to satisfy a number of told you so,s.?
but they did take a guess, initially saying, "was not thought to be terrorism-related" based on a false probability.

Yes and the officer. giving that statement should never have done so. If asked. Was it terrorist related?. Even if it did not seem likely at that moment ,there should have been no comment, because there were a number of options at that moment .
I should have said in the previous post.  Why should  the police be pushed to give a guessed answer?  I worded that badly. The point being no statement of any sort should  have been made until all angles have been covered. And in particular ones that can sway the told you so,s out there, either one way or the other.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 04:47:13 PM

but they did take a guess, initially saying, "was not thought to be terrorism-related" based on a false probability.

Even worse the man arrested "was known to the Security Services. ("Ticker Tape" breaking news.)

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Good old

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 02:24:44 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 20, 2020, 10:59:31 PMThe police etc are playing it close to their chests at present. Requests that film footage not be shared except with them suggests that there were crowds and it was a right fracas. No doubt details will surface when they are ready and relatives informed etc.

Last night counter-terrorism officers were were called in to help detectives following the attack, which police said at first was not thought to be terrorism-related, and carried out a controlled explosion at the suspect's home address.
I do wonder why the police have this habit of denying terror attacks, until the evidence is overwhelming.
He was shouting "something unintelligible", that would have been "Allahu Akbar", God is most great.

Next they will say they are not looking for anyone else, whilst they lock up the rest of the cell. ::)

Perhaps  it is a natural response in order not to fire up more problems on their patch. If  the flurry of newshounds, who no doubt rocked up determined to squeeze as many true or false details as possible had their way, the cops wold be fighting on all fronts. I am actually beginning to favour a tad of secrecy until details are certain. It avoids info going to those who might benefit from knowing and taking action to avoid capture etc.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on June 20, 2020, 10:59:31 PMThe police etc are playing it close to their chests at present. Requests that film footage not be shared except with them suggests that there were crowds and it was a right fracas. No doubt details will surface when they are ready and relatives informed etc.

Last night counter-terrorism officers were were called in to help detectives following the attack, which police said at first was not thought to be terrorism-related, and carried out a controlled explosion at the suspect's home address.
I do wonder why the police have this habit of denying terror attacks, until the evidence is overwhelming.
He was shouting "something unintelligible", that would have been "Allahu Akbar", God is most great.

Next they will say they are not looking for anyone else, whilst they lock up the rest of the cell. ::)
† The end is nigh †

Barry

It appears to be an Ally Akbar attack by a Libyan terrorist.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/21/reading-stabbings-libyan-held-after-three-killed-in-park-attack
Like someone once told me on the predecessor of this forum - Nothing happens in a vacuum.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 21, 2020, 08:16:21 AM

As I posted Thomas I really don't know why or all of what happened,the Beeb and police are also saying they don't think it's terrorist related,

This all reminds me of the Manchester bombing,I saw reports very shortly after it happened and it was reported only as a possible terrorist incident which is what I posted,when I logged on later one poster was all over it with no"no shit Sherlock" comments because by then it had been confirmed as terrorism,another with no knowledge was complaining of the openness of the venue and lack of security with no idea of the geography of the place.

We're we still in the middle of London Bridge type attacks would the assumption not be this is one of those?

Could be , we will soon see.

QuoteAs far as BLM protests go I don't approve of all that has happened but do understand that a section of society here and in the wider world have had enough of not just decades but hundreds of years of being crapped on from time to time and are complaining about it.

Every single section of society across the world could say the same .

It doesnt excuse the behaviour of animals at these BLM protests.
Let's face it Thomas are they much different from Scots who say we've had enough of those English treating us as second class and want out?

Very much different. I have never heard any scot saying the "english " are treating us as second class citizens. Over history , we have given as good as we got.

Using your poor comparison , is it any different to you english brexiters saying the nasty europeans are treating the english as second class citizens?

QuoteAs a unionist I don't agree with their objective but do understand in many ways they have a point,same with blm

As a european unionist , i didnt and dont agree with your objective in leaving the eu , but i also as you know understood many of your points. BLM however is another matter , what is it they actually want?

Black people have never had it so good in the western world for centuries , black people are treated equally and fairly in scottish and english society and can rise to the top. There is no black slavery , hasnt been for centuries , and even across the pond in yank land , despite what we are told of the yanks being nasty racists which of course is bollocks , a black man was president of the usa not so long ago?

What more do BLM want? Do they want black privilige to extend to the point where black citizens are not only equal , but above their white counterparts in western society ?
I just feel as I said earlier we are becoming more and more polarised

Yet you fail to condemn the behaviour of groups like BLM , and then sit and wonder when they get a massive reaction from white society?
and what's true or false,right or wrong doesn't seem to matter anymore,

Dont agree with you cromwell. People can have disagreements  , this doesnt mean they dont have morals.

BLM dont seem to know the difference between sensibly protesting issues they feel wronged over , and wrongly and falsely disrespecting historical monuments by chucking them into a river in criminal acts of wanton destruction.

Quotestill what the feck do I know being a hand wringing liberal

By standing on the side calling for calm instead of calling out groups like BLM , you are helping cause the very divisions in society you complain about.

Its all so predictable.

Do you think white folk across many countries are going to sit back and take all this shit without their being a massive reaction?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 20, 2020, 10:11:11 PM
I was thinking this afternoon after the 4th BLM illegal protest provocations, what would make them happy.

I think the answer might be a conflict upon racial lines. Nobody wants that, surely.

Given what a s**t hole Reading is I am not jumping to any conclusions.