Main Menu

Is anyone flying?

Started by T00ts, June 20, 2020, 10:56:28 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 12:53:25 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on June 21, 2020, 12:44:40 PMIt is people with your attitude who are guaranteeing a spike.
Thanks. I have been working with my "attitude" in a hospital using clinical techniques to avoid spreading the virus, whilst helping patients, visitors and other staff. But I don't do self praise, but felt that this crap needs challenging.

That makes your attitude worse, you should know better.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 21, 2020, 12:44:40 PMIt is people with your attitude who are guaranteeing a spike.
Thanks. I have been working with my "attitude" in a hospital using clinical techniques to avoid spreading the virus, whilst helping patients, visitors and other staff. But I don't do self praise, but felt that this crap needs challenging.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 12:41:57 PM
I don't fear the virus,

Actually, I think you do but are too scared to admit it, you have trivialised it from day one.  It is people with your attitude who are guaranteeing a spike.

Barry

I might have a break in the Lake District later this year but no plans to fly. I love flying, but it's the faffing, security, queuing, and general inconvenience at both ends I really hate. I don't fear the virus, and as demonstrated, I have insurance. I'm not as old and decrepit as some.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 11:26:27 AM

That elephant seems to have flown away.

That is one company, also due to age I cannot get annual travel/repatriation insurance. Also the concentration on air travel by the media/press neglects to mention ferries. Currently there are no cross channel ferries taking tourists.

Streetwalker

Not for me . Cant be bothered with all the hassle that traveling entails at the moment . 

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 21, 2020, 08:54:46 AMThe elephant in the room is travel and repatriation insurance which currently excludes any Covid-19 risk.
I had an email from my travel insurance company 3 days ago:
Your Annual Multi-Trip and Coronavirus
Dear Mr B,

We know that everyone is having a hard time during this pandemic and the only way to get through it is by all pulling together and we are determined to do our part.

At Cedar Tree we value you, our customers and understand your frustration at being unable to travel due to the pandemic, we are sure that you are looking forward to travelling again as much as we are once it is safe to do so. While our policy continues to offer cancellation cover for your future bookings we've been working to think of ways we can help and have come up with a fantastic idea.

All our policies now include increased coverage for Coronavirus risks at no additional cost including you being unable to travel due to contracting Coronavirus (either prior to travel or by being denied boarding at the airport), becoming ill with Coronavirus while abroad or needing to return home early due to a close relative passing away from Coronavirus. Please click here to view examples of what is now covered by our policies as standard. Terms and conditions apply.

We know it won't move mountains but we hope it's one less thing to worry about for the foreseeable future.

From everyone at Cedar Tree

That elephant seems to have flown away.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 20, 2020, 10:56:28 PM

So the question has to be how many are already planning holidays in sunny climes?

The elephant in the room is travel and repatriation insurance which currently excludes any Covid-19 risk.

T00ts

Numbers of planes flying over my air space have definitely increased in the last week or so and talk was that 14 days isolation would follow any overseas trip. Now if we look carefully there might be up to 10 air bridges (are they to be built by the army in double quick time like Nightingales?) to certain countries where holidays can be taken without the need for compulsory isolation on return.

So the question has to be how many are already planning holidays in sunny climes? Is anyone daring to go? With talk of spikes in various places and the risk of one here too, how many are prepared to rock up at their fine and expensive hotel room prepared to spend their allotted break with their bed and bath as their only destination? If allowed in the pool the quantity of runny noses, coughing and spluttering that tends to follow pool antics hardly bare thinking about. Perhaps a cruise would be considered safer and more entertaining. Hopefully pat memories can be suitably eradicated. The holiday companies are desperate for cash together with the airlines. Perhaps the safety demo will include a new section on wearing masks, not eating or drinking or singing loudly for the protection of others. Even a day trip on a charabanc could be suspect. Decisions decisions!