The largely peaceful stabbings in Reading

Started by Borchester, June 21, 2020, 10:20:37 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar on June 22, 2020, 10:27:58 AM
Quote from: Borchester on June 22, 2020, 09:22:12 AMMy take on the matter is that the chap in the video was expressing his fear that the powers that be were more concerned with being right on than keeping the hoi polloi alive. Still, it is nice to think that you and Ollie can view the Reading stabbings as a bit of a rib tickler.

Yes, clearly myself, Ollie, and Barry are wrong to see the attempted humour in the video, especially given the man in the costume doing a funny voice is *checks notes* a professional comedian.

If you're fine with it then fine, be honest about  it. Don't tell other people it isn't what they can clearly see (and hear) it is.

OK on a serious point then.

There used to be a syndicadion site somewhere that showed when the BBC changed the content of its web site.

You see, I came to this story when the BBC were saying "there was a loud bang and nobody in the area other than the police who went into the building are any the wiser several hours later"

And the police were quite actively stating that this was **NOT** a terrorist incident

Now I know when an islamic commits a crime an entire cadre of specially trained thought police are deployed to try to brainwash the victim and the victim's family into not making a fuss.

It rather backfired with me, I admit, when sarah was raped.

I'm not sure if they had the same in place when my earlier girlfriend was raped by one of the lower ranked staff at the hospital she was an in patient at, but I have no idea what colour or faith her rapist was, but her mother seemed quite certain there was no point in making a fuss. That was '77 by the way

But I have seen the process in action myself

And for that reason, that video was not remotely funny. It was in fact a barely altered copy of a script i have heard the police use too many times when they fear the truth will out. And the reason they do it is to make sure the truth does not get out until the moment is long, long past.

One day, they will come unstuck for this.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on June 22, 2020, 10:27:58 AM
Quote from: Borchester on June 22, 2020, 09:22:12 AMMy take on the matter is that the chap in the video was expressing his fear that the powers that be were more concerned with being right on than keeping the hoi polloi alive. Still, it is nice to think that you and Ollie can view the Reading stabbings as a bit of a rib tickler.

Yes, clearly myself, Ollie, and Barry are wrong to see the attempted humour in the video, especially given the man in the costume doing a funny voice is *checks notes* a professional comedian.

If you're fine with it then fine, be honest about  it. Don't tell other people it isn't what they can clearly see (and hear) it is.
Just so,and an attempt by Borchester to provoke.....which has failed miserably.
Unlocked
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nalaar

Don't believe everything you think.

Borchester

Quote from: Nalaar on June 21, 2020, 11:17:10 PM
Quote from: Borchester on June 21, 2020, 11:04:27 PM
Quote from: Nalaar on June 21, 2020, 10:53:55 PM
We're having a laugh about the murders committed yesterday, yes?

Speak to Ollie. He was the one who thought the stabbings were a joke.

Ollie put it in the right place, because it is meant to be funny.
However you get your kicks I guess.

I can't say that I do.

My take on the matter is that the chap in the video was expressing his fear that the powers that be were more concerned with being right on than keeping the hoi polloi alive. Still, it is nice to think that you and Ollie can view the Reading stabbings as a bit of a rib tickler.

When George Floyd was killed in Minneapolis the BLM movement bent the knee. What are your ideas for the funerals of James Furlong and Joe Ritchie-Bennett? A festival of fart jokes? 
Algerie Francais !

Nalaar

Ollie put it in the right place, because it is meant to be funny.
However you get your kicks I guess.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 21, 2020, 11:13:32 PM
It's actually quite funny in a coffin humour sort of way.
Most bad stuff that happens ends up with someone making a joke of it,certainly is graveyard humour,

Barry

It's actually quite funny in a coffin humour sort of way.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

No I don't think the stabbings  are a joke but this is a piss take of the police response.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Can't really blame borchester,I saw the vid and took it as a piss take of the police and moved it here.

Nalaar