White lives matter Burnley

Started by cromwell, June 22, 2020, 10:35:51 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

The bloke behind this banner has been pictured in the sun with Tommy Robinson,he's been offered police protection
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Javert on June 24, 2020, 02:26:40 PMObviously if you they had an approved flight plan to conduct an advertising flight at the stadium, and were in touch with ATC that would be fine

Now THAT is a rather interesting point.

Maybe they did.

And maybe that's why the (rather overkill, IMO) instruction that ALL banner flights from this airfield are now banned was issued.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Javert

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 24, 2020, 11:39:23 AM
Quote from: Javert on June 23, 2020, 04:13:18 PM
Aside from the racist actions carried out here, I'm surprised the media is not asking the CAA what was going on here.

That stadium is pretty close to Manchester airport and is within controlled airspace - no light aircraft should be there without explicit permission and normally such flight plans are not granted.

Further, it's in a built up area and no single engine light aircraft should normally by flying over that area unless they can glide to an open landing spot, again unless they have some kind of specific dispensation from the CAA.

Therefore whoever was flying that plane is probably going to be in big trouble, regardless of what is written on the banner.

If the aircraft was squawking a transponder code, which is must do in that airspace, it will be easy to track down.  If not, it was also breaking further rules as it shouldn't be there without a squawk code.  Not to mention putting commercial aircraft around MAN at risk.

As to the banner, I'm not surprised at this given that black people in the UK have been ruling the country and subjugating white people for hundreds of years - sooner or later it was bound to happen.  Only a few hundred years ago, black people from Africa were coming into Burnley in the night and kidnapping white people, shipping them back to Africa to be used as slaves.

:-X

OK.

Couple of things.

1) Below 3500 ft visual flight rules with no ATC instruction applies. It's a free for all. All you need is to file a general flight plan, and get clearance to take off which the departure strip would be responsible for.

2) The ONLY airspace below 3500 ft that has any restriction is designated takeoff approach and landing patterns plus no fly zones, like over Windsor Castle. If you stray into those then you get the sort of attention that generally is painted grey, flies at mach 2 and carries the successor to grandad's radar and my missiles ...

3) Flying over a built up area is entirely permitted provided the aircraft remains above 500 ft.

4) Specifically to javert's post regarding the airspace. Last time i looked which I freely admit was a while ago the restricted airspace around the airport was limited to clearly defined approach and takeoff areas, not a blanket ban. This **MAY** of course be different now.

I have a copy of the airspace chart for Northern England - admittedly it's a few years old, but not much has changed in the meantime that I'm aware of.

From what I can see (and this tallies with my past experience flying in that area), a huge area of airspace around the Manchester / Liverpool are is designated as CatD below 3500 feet, including the area above Etihad stadium.  The only exception to this is a special designated low level route going north/south over Warrington (for which you have to follow very specific instructions to transit), and a wedge to the north west of Manchester where the approach to Barton Aerodrome sits.

This means you should not enter that airspace even at low level without explicit permission from Manchester ATC, and certainly not without a working transponder and radio.

Obviously if you they had an approved flight plan to conduct an advertising flight at the stadium, and were in touch with ATC that would be fine - however such flights are pretty unusual in my experience.  You probably don't have to specify what it says on the banner, so it's possible they had an approval.

I took flying lessons and I had to take the navigation exam etc and flew a lot around that area, and my instructor was pretty explicit about not straying into the Manchester / Liverpool zone without permission (which would probably not be given).

As to the police, they said that no "Criminal offence" had been committed.  A breach of airspace rules by a civil aviation pilot would not be a criminal offence, especially if the offence as not a safety issue but more a procedural issue about the purpose of the flight - it would be a civil offence or something to be dealt with by the CAA under the person's flying license.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Javert on June 23, 2020, 04:13:18 PM
Aside from the racist actions carried out here, I'm surprised the media is not asking the CAA what was going on here.

That stadium is pretty close to Manchester airport and is within controlled airspace - no light aircraft should be there without explicit permission and normally such flight plans are not granted.

Further, it's in a built up area and no single engine light aircraft should normally by flying over that area unless they can glide to an open landing spot, again unless they have some kind of specific dispensation from the CAA.

Therefore whoever was flying that plane is probably going to be in big trouble, regardless of what is written on the banner.

If the aircraft was squawking a transponder code, which is must do in that airspace, it will be easy to track down.  If not, it was also breaking further rules as it shouldn't be there without a squawk code.  Not to mention putting commercial aircraft around MAN at risk.

As to the banner, I'm not surprised at this given that black people in the UK have been ruling the country and subjugating white people for hundreds of years - sooner or later it was bound to happen.  Only a few hundred years ago, black people from Africa were coming into Burnley in the night and kidnapping white people, shipping them back to Africa to be used as slaves.

OK.

Couple of things.

1) Below 3500 ft visual flight rules with no ATC instruction applies. It's a free for all. All you need is to file a general flight plan, and get clearance to take off which the departure strip would be responsible for.

2) The ONLY airspace below 3500 ft that has any restriction is designated takeoff approach and landing patterns plus no fly zones, like over Windsor Castle. If you stray into those then you get the sort of attention that generally is painted grey, flies at mach 2 and carries the successor to grandad's radar and my missiles ...

3) Flying over a built up area is entirely permitted provided the aircraft remains above 500 ft.

4) Specifically to javert's post regarding the airspace. Last time i looked which I freely admit was a while ago the restricted airspace around the airport was limited to clearly defined approach and takeoff areas, not a blanket ban. This **MAY** of course be different now.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Javert on June 24, 2020, 11:19:41 AM
Quote from: Nick on June 24, 2020, 09:59:44 AM
Police have issued a statement saying no crime has been committed, which of course it hasn't.

They said that no criminal offence was committed.

I haven't seen any comment from the CAA on whether any civil aviation offences or rule breaches have been committed.

For example did this aircraft have permission and a flight plan to perform banner towing flights in MAN terminal approach area at that time?  This is class D airspace at that altitude and they can't just fly in there and do whatever they want.

Wouldn't that automatically be part of the police investigation before they arrived at the decision?

Javert

Quote from: Nick on June 24, 2020, 09:59:44 AM
Police have issued a statement saying no crime has been committed, which of course it hasn't.

They said that no criminal offence was committed.

I haven't seen any comment from the CAA on whether any civil aviation offences or rule breaches have been committed.

For example did this aircraft have permission and a flight plan to perform banner towing flights in MAN terminal approach area at that time?  This is class D airspace at that altitude and they can't just fly in there and do whatever they want.

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2020, 09:56:13 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 09:06:43 PM
There has just been a headline that police are saying no crime was committed in flying the banner over Burnley.
Really? Well they didn't fly it over Burnley but a short distance from Manchester city centre.

Sorry never did like geography much. I just caught the headline as it disappeared. Anyway it was legal apparently. Will they still ban the fan responsible? Seems a bit overkill. Although I am not comfortable that he was supposed to be national front.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 09:06:43 PM
There has just been a headline that police are saying no crime was committed in flying the banner over Burnley.
Really? Well they didn't fly it over Burnley but a short distance from Manchester city centre.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

patman post

Quote from: Barry on June 23, 2020, 02:57:37 PMI thought the sentiments of the BNP were based on racism.
Is "white lives matter" any more racist than "black lives matter"?
Isn't black lives matter simply a resurgence of black power, another product of a split America?
The sentiments of BNP were/are based on the sentiments of the FN and all the precursor organisations which built on the theory of inferiority and subjugation of non-White races. This became so commonplace that White lives — preferably non-Jewish — always mattered for the majority.
Black Power was a reaction to White Supremacist groups in the US, who had carried out many vile acts against non Whites over many years. Today's BLM is the reaction of many ordinary Black people who have grown tired of being treated differently and with less concern by White establishments...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Javert

Barry

Quote from: patman post on June 23, 2020, 02:11:14 PMBurnley shows there's money available to support the sentiments of the NF and the BNP — unless, of course, it was just a prank...
I thought the sentiments of the BNP were based on racism.
Is "white lives matter" any more racist than "black lives matter"?
Isn't black lives matter simply a resurgence of black power, another product of a split America?
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 01:05:25 PMBlack lives matter, White lives matter, surely the point is that all lives matter.
Although that may seem obvious now, it wasn't always so. Even today the colonial attitudes of the Old World cling on like pockets of Covid, ready to flare up at the slightest hint that aryans are no longer the single superior race. Burnley shows there's money available to support the sentiments of the NF and the BNP — unless, of course, it was just a prank...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

I am quite shocked that they suspect now that the person responsible was a far right supporter. But now everyone is prepared to sack, ban etc those responsible. Isn't this now getting a bit silly? Black lives matter, White lives matter, surely the point is that all lives matter. We are looking at changing education of history, the BBC wants 20% ethnic employees, presumably regardless of talent. I am afraid that the pendulum will swing so far that there will still be imbalance - just the other way. Will White lives matter then?