Well that's me done for

Started by cromwell, June 23, 2020, 09:05:50 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 24, 2020, 11:44:18 AM
Quote from: Barry on June 24, 2020, 10:31:54 AM
Cromwell, you need to change your username to something more pink, soft and friendly. Something the more woke types will be attracted to.   :P

winnie mandela sounds about the correct level of acceptablility.
You'll all have a long wait.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Cromwell, you need to change your username to something more pink, soft and friendly. Something the more woke types will be attracted to.   :P

winnie mandela sounds about the correct level of acceptablility.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Candyfloss, Powderpuff, Pink Panther, Jellybear, Popcorn, Babyface? I can't wait!  :-\

Barry

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 24, 2020, 09:56:03 AM

Yes, nearly 2.5 years after he died, that was just mean and pointless.

2.5 years? Are you sure?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 24, 2020, 09:13:27 AM
Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2020, 09:05:50 PM
in my home city my namesake has been got at
:-[
Quotehttps://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/oliver-cromwell-statue-wythenshawe-been-18466033

you do know they dug the body up and beheaded it posthumously ...

Isn't that what is happening now? Attacking old statues for ancient crimes ,is not dissimilar . Digging up old transgression .

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 24, 2020, 09:13:27 AMyou do know they dug the body up and beheaded it posthumously ...
Yes, nearly 2.5 years after he died, that was just mean and pointless.
His death mask on wikipedia shows what he looked like.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 23, 2020, 09:46:20 PM
I have never been to Manchester, Liverpool or Blackpool. I must go up to see the statues before they all disappear.
TBH  Barry I rarely go in to the city centre any more,but a few miles outside and there is some really good countryside ,places to visit with a lot of history.

Barry

I have never been to Manchester, Liverpool or Blackpool. I must go up to see the statues before they all disappear.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2020, 09:23:39 PM
Quote from: Barry on June 23, 2020, 09:12:51 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2020, 09:10:14 PM
Why don't you offer to have yourself sculpted to take his place?   I'm sure you would a great improvement.   ;D
Might need a bit more space after the lockdown weight gains.
my ghast is absolutely flabbered  :) :)

I can imagine. By rights of course I deserve a monument but Manchester would not be my first choice, although I do remember some great student union dances when I spent the occasional weekend there.  There is one memory of clearing the dance floor dancing in bare feet and having a piggy back home because I couldn't get my shoes back on.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 23, 2020, 09:12:51 PM
Why don't you offer to have yourself sculpted to take his place?   I'm sure you would a great improvement.   ;D
my ghast is absolutely flabbered  :) :)

cromwell

Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2020, 09:05:50 PM
in my home city my namesake has been got at
:-[
Quotehttps://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/oliver-cromwell-statue-wythenshawe-been-18466033

Well you have to admit he was a nasty bloke. Why don't you offer to have yourself sculpted to take his place?   I'm sure you would a great improvement.   ;D
No he wasn't which is why I chose him,first off he challenged the monarchy and secondly told parliament
"You have sat too long for any good you have being doing lately for gods sake go" two things greatly in his favour so as one who doubts so many in parliament and a republican to boot he's the man.

But yeah did have a few faults ;) ;)

Barry

† The end is nigh †