I want the right to hate as well as the right to love

Started by Barry, June 24, 2020, 10:20:53 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Mod Notice
One post removed moderation of it ongoing
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Javert

It's also a relative point.

Almost anything that anybody can argue for or against, probably has some foreign power in favour of it.  Who decides whether it's just a coincidence that my political belief is the same as xyz foreign government or an act or treachery?

For example if you want to indulge in completely exaggerated rhetoric,  you could also reverse the argument and say that Russia is a firm supporter of Brexit, Russia being a country that is openly hostile to the UK and is the only country to have conducted both a nuclear and chemical warfare attacks on the UK, one of them only a few years ago.

I'm not aware of any EU country conducting hostile acts of war against the UK in recent times.

It's interesting to wonder why Russia would be supporting Brexit whilst conducting clandestine warfare against us, but still be our friend against the dastardly EU.

Also I'm not aware of any country that shot half its population and still became the greatest country in the world soon thereafter. 

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 25, 2020, 08:29:03 AM
So you support the rhetoric of woke liberals but advocate censorship of those who call woke liberalism what it is when they see it.

well, it's good to know where we stand..

The  right to hate? Hating is hard wired, especially when someone, a group of people , or an organisation has done you wrong and laughed about it or ignored your attempts to right that wrong.
Personally I have along list.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 25, 2020, 08:29:03 AM
So you support the rhetoric of woke liberals but advocate censorship of those who call woke liberalism what it is when they see it.

Im unsure what rhetoric specifically you are referencing, but I would have an issue with a "woke liberal" saying other people should be rounded up and shot, as you did.

Also I am not advocating censorship, merely for a healthier conversation.
Don't believe everything you think.

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 25, 2020, 07:46:35 AM[They] need to be rounded up and shot.

We would have a better conversation if it wasn't laced with this kind of rhetoric.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar on June 24, 2020, 11:30:24 PM
Who has told his man his four year old grandson is to blame for the slave trade?

Quote from: T00ts on June 24, 2020, 11:16:13 PMJust put the PC, woke, determined liberal, mind benders on ignore.

Echo chambers are probably not the best way to move forward.

If the said woke liberals had a view that actually had a place in a society that actually values law and order and democracy I might just consider you have a point.

when they conspire with hostile foreign governments to overturn the democratically stated will of the people, then they become agents of a hostile power and need to be rounded up and shot.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nalaar

Who has told his man his four year old grandson is to blame for the slave trade?

Quote from: T00ts on June 24, 2020, 11:16:13 PMJust put the PC, woke, determined liberal, mind benders on ignore.

Echo chambers are probably not the best way to move forward.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on June 24, 2020, 10:20:53 PM
This is thought provoking
https://twitter.com/RyanDarloUK/status/1275750223588048897
I believe we are entering a new age of inequality. One that has no time for people with opinions against the flow.

It's been coming for quite a while I think. Once again those who shout loudest hold most sway. It's interesting how the majority keep a low profile but then when push comes to shove do exactly as they like. Perhaps that's the real way forward. Just put the PC, woke, determined liberal, mind benders on ignore.

Barry

This is thought provoking
https://twitter.com/RyanDarloUK/status/1275750223588048897
I believe we are entering a new age of inequality. One that has no time for people with opinions against the flow.
† The end is nigh †