Brixton again

Started by T00ts, June 25, 2020, 12:24:51 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 26, 2020, 07:37:13 AMTo celebrate Brixton's Black Community's latest successes in berating the crap out of the plod. Google chooses today to remember one of their Black Panther members cruelly taken by cancer before she could do her bit to eradicate whiteness
My wife noticed Olive Morris first thing this morning. Read a bit about her to me.
I said "So she was famous for being an a-hole."
Does she have a statue?
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 25, 2020, 06:28:50 PM

They will probably blame it on institutionalised racism in the police force. The old jokes are always the best

;D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1300916/olive-morris-google-doodle-who-is-olive-morris-activist-Brixton-BLM

To celebrate Brixton's Black Community's latest successes in berating the crap out of the plod. Google chooses today to remember one of their Black Panther members cruelly taken by cancer before she could do her bit to eradicate whiteness
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on June 25, 2020, 07:51:30 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 06:47:46 PMI have to say that I have noticed that some cops resemble club bouncers with their shaved heads.
Yes, the WPCs are really getting quite butch, these days.

;D ;D ;D ;D

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on June 25, 2020, 06:28:50 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 06:13:03 PMUrban 75
Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 06:13:03 PM
Quote from: Borchester on June 25, 2020, 06:10:45 PM

I have not been to Brixton in years but had heard that it was going upmarket. Apparently not since the rave was started by council house rubbish as opposed to the middle class sorts who make up the core of the BLM

I wonder what Urban 75 will make of it.

They will probably blame it on institutionalised racism in the police force. The old jokes are always the best

Wel being an old joker you'd know  :P :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 25, 2020, 07:51:30 PM

Last year when I was at the Cornish version of Arthur Daley car sales, an MOD police woman walked in the office, complete with semi-automatic pistol in a  holster. I thought at first she was a stripper gram she was so fit looking and attractive.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 06:47:46 PMI have to say that I have noticed that some cops resemble club bouncers with their shaved heads.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Javert on June 25, 2020, 06:44:39 PM
There was a very interesting interview with an expert on crowd behaviour the other day on the radio.

Some guy who has worked with various police forces around the world.

He was explaining how in the past, often the actions of the police have resulted in entire crowds of people turning against the police, when it was originally only a very small minority who were there to cause trouble and fight, and the rest were peaceful.

When the police go into a large crowed with extremely brutal tactics, the result is that the majority of the crowd who were there to be peaceful, then turn against the police and there are further riots.  This is what they've seen in city after city around the world.

I have to say that I have noticed that some cops resemble club bouncers with their shaved heads. It's not a good look and doesn't inspire confidence.

Javert

There was a very interesting interview with an expert on crowd behaviour the other day on the radio.

Some guy who has worked with various police forces around the world.

He was explaining how in the past, often the actions of the police have resulted in entire crowds of people turning against the police, when it was originally only a very small minority who were there to cause trouble and fight, and the rest were peaceful.

When the police go into a large crowed with extremely brutal tactics, the result is that the majority of the crowd who were there to be peaceful, then turn against the police and there are further riots.  This is what they've seen in city after city around the world.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 06:13:03 PMUrban 75
Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 06:13:03 PM

I have not been to Brixton in years but had heard that it was going upmarket. Apparently not since the rave was started by council house rubbish as opposed to the middle class sorts who make up the core of the BLM

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 12:24:51 PM
Brixton has a bit of a history for not being afraid to attack the police. It's all over the news and seemed to be a majority of black attackers but also many who ran rather than get involved. They are some who are angry, quite obviously, but will this be the answer? Won't it just alienate many?
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 12:26:30 PM
Brixton has a bit of a history for not being afraid to attack the police. It's all over the news and seemed to be a majority of black attackers but also many who ran rather than get involved. They are some who are angry, quite obviously, but will this be the answer? Won't it just alienate many?

The police should not have backed down back in 1981, they are reaping the legacy of that.

Perhaps they should have just used the area as a test bed for the tactical nukes I had a hand in circa 1985 intended to fry east German tanks wishing to become west german tanks...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

The police should not have backed down back in 1981, they are reaping the legacy of that.

T00ts