New paint job for UK government plane

Started by Barry, June 25, 2020, 11:02:08 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 26, 2020, 09:41:25 AM

It might as well have a target painted on it, makes it easily identifiable to terrorists.

Im pretty sure the only time you will see this plane in the future will be when its parked on the tarmac at Dulles International while Boris is eating some chlorinated pigeon with Donald

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 26, 2020, 09:06:28 AM

Wasn't it Bambi Blair who quite fancied an Airforce one style flying Whitehall  that would compete with President Bush's luxury? If I remember right he wanted it built especially for him and couldn't get the support - thank goodness. Here all we have is a paint job on an RAF air taxi. Not exactly Kardashian style is it? Perhaps the Royal family will use it too when they can't do schedule flights. I think it is an asset to the country. It's time to fly the flag.

It might as well have a target painted on it, makes it easily identifiable to terrorists.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 26, 2020, 08:44:45 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on June 26, 2020, 07:55:12 AM
Quote from: johnofgwent on June 26, 2020, 07:42:17 AM

I have to say I enjoyed the outrage of the left at this paint job.

Why do you assume all the criticism is coming from "the left?"

What you call "my assumption" is actually an opinion gained primarily by looking at the sources of newspaper articles complaining that this is a waste of money, and seeking what other media articles they have written in the recent past, and then poking about in the profiles and posting history, such as it is, of those who propagate, support and share those articles and opinions.

I'm sure the right, the up, the down, the pink, the grey and the green are more than capable of being miffed at this. Fact is though, I have yet to come across evidence that someone writing that this is a waste of money support any other than a left wing agenda. it is their outrage that I find amusing.

If you can find right wing outrage at this, I shall be pleased to see if that amuses me too. it probably will.

Wasn't it Bambi Blair who quite fancied an Airforce one style flying Whitehall  that would compete with President Bush's luxury? If I remember right he wanted it built especially for him and couldn't get the support - thank goodness. Here all we have is a paint job on an RAF air taxi. Not exactly Kardashian style is it? Perhaps the Royal family will use it too when they can't do schedule flights. I think it is an asset to the country. It's time to fly the flag.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 26, 2020, 08:44:45 AM

What you call "my assumption" is actually an opinion gained primarily by looking at the sources of newspaper articles

Which are very much a biased minority.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 26, 2020, 07:55:12 AM

What you call "my assumption" is actually an opinion gained primarily by looking at the sources of newspaper articles complaining that this is a waste of money, and seeking what other media articles they have written in the recent past, and then poking about in the profiles and posting history, such as it is, of those who propagate, support and share those articles and opinions.

I'm sure the right, the up, the down, the pink, the grey and the green are more than capable of being miffed at this. Fact is though, I have yet to come across evidence that someone writing that this is a waste of money support any other than a left wing agenda. it is their outrage that I find amusing.

If you can find right wing outrage at this, I shall be pleased to see if that amuses me too. it probably will.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 26, 2020, 06:34:55 AM
Makes it an easily identifiable target for a SAM missile.

yes, well, don't fly near the Ukraine then.

I have to say I enjoyed the outrage of the left at this paint job. None of them bothering to get as far as working out the aircraft had to be stripped back as part of an overhaul so they's have to have resprayed it with SOMETHING.

If I had my way I'd have seen f they could do some sort of animation on LCD crystals. The plane takes off blue and yellow, these colours get ripped off to reveal the union flag while John Bull takes a dump on most of the pile of yellow and blue fragments, pausing only to save a few with select faces on to wipe his arse with afterwards...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Makes it an easily identifiable target for a SAM missile.

T00ts

I like that! I saw a picture a week or two ago that showed a plane all over red with white and blue added. It looked like an angry gnat with a heart condition. This is swish and yes it might just be shop window dressing but it looks smart and as if we mean business. It will do the Government psyche good and allow them to walk taller and feel a little bit of pride. Much better than the economy class flights that no doubt the left would prefer to represent our country.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on June 25, 2020, 11:02:08 PMPut that in your flight radar alerts

About time we had something to be proud of.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Very nice,let's hope they get their act together though and their tenure in govt isn't remembered for another type of paint job involving large amounts of whitewash.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

The UK Government's repainted Airbus A330 ZZ336 Vespina maiden flight, Cambridge

https://youtu.be/MulBhEwDqQ4

Put that in your flight radar alerts

† The end is nigh †