Main Menu

Bucket list

Started by T00ts, October 25, 2019, 01:01:11 PM

« previous - next »

Churchill

We have always made our own with spicy sausage and a good thick bacon cooked with the roast spuds in Duck Fat , I also cook the Ham marinated with lots of either Marmalade or Honey and garlic.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=3022 time=1572383159 user_id=63
I have a list, but several appointments of varying duration with the grim reaper over recent years have left me uncertain of the possibility of completing it.

There is a list of things I wished to do.

I wanted a BMW before I was 25 and to own a house with a front drive so long I'd have to change gear to get the car to the road and have to ride on the lawnmower. Those all failed.

I wanted to find a cure for a couple of nasty diseases and a politician denied me that chance after I'd put eight years hard graft into it. But a worthless piece of management shyte I actually worked for eight years later WAS brought back from the dead by an idea I had before I was chucked out, which the remaining team launched into general use by paramedics.

It's strange watching a bloke in scrubs work on someone and suddenly think bugger me I invented that .  .

It's even stranger when you're the one in A and E and they're apologising for the length of time a test will take and you reply "oh it's my own fault, I had this idea back in 79/80 and I see the papers I wrote up were acted on after I got my P45, yes, exactly, I am the guy who thought up the idea if doing what you're doing, although I admit I wasn't planning on being a subject at the time...."

But four people walk the earth,or did for a while longer,as a direct result of my intervention to kick the reaper in the nadgers for them.

My work has been cited by more than one Nobel nominee and I owe a dual prize winner a favour for breaking my lecturers equivalent of a "writer's block"....

In 2014 I stood before a wonder of the ancient world and marvelled at the ingenuity of its builders.

And last month I had steak and eggs and significant amounts of trimmings for Breakfast In America....

And while the British Library stands, my research work stored on one of its shelves (ok these days it's servers) guarantees me immortality.

Not a bad innings,I think.

All that talent and still buys ready made pigs in blankets!  :dncg:

johnofgwent

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=3022 time=1572383159 user_id=63
I have a list, but several appointments of varying duration with the grim reaper over recent years have left me uncertain of the possibility of completing it.

I wanted a BMW before I was 25 and to own a house with a front drive so long I'd have to change gear to get the car to the road and have to ride on the lawnmower. Those all failed.

I wanted to find a cure for a couple of nasty diseases and a politician denied me that chance after I'd put eight years hard graft into it. But a worthless piece of management shyte I actually worked for eight years later WAS brought back from the dead by an idea I had before I was chucked out, which the remaining team launched into general use by paramedics.

It's strange watching a bloke in scrubs work on someone and suddenly think bugger me I invented that .  .

But that wasn't my only idea that made it ...For it is far stranger when you're the one in A and E and they're apologising for the length of time a test will take and you reply "oh it's my own fault, I had this idea back in 79/80 and I see the papers I wrote up were acted on after I got my P45, yes, exactly, I am the guy who thought up the idea if doing what you're doing, although I admit I wasn't planning on being a subject at the time...."

But four people walk the earth,or did for a while longer,as a direct result of my intervention to kick the reaper in the nadgers for them.

My work has been cited by more than one Nobel nominee and I owe a dual prize winner a favour for breaking my lecturers equivalent of a "writer's block"....

In 2014 I stood before a wonder of the ancient world and marvelled at the ingenuity of its builders.

And last month I had steak and eggs and significant amounts of trimmings for Breakfast In America....

And while the British Library stands, my research work stored on one of its shelves (ok these days it's servers) guarantees me immortality.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Churchill post_id=3019 time=1572382240 user_id=69
Grandkids are brilliant when you have had enough of them you given the little devils back :D

This time last year I was forced to babysit my grand daughter.

The Missus, her mum, and my other daughter all pissed off to the theatre where the adult section of my grand daughters musical theatre group were putting in EVITA.

Leaving me to look after her.

We had a whale of a time in Wetherspoon's and afterwards I bought her two dairy milk mcFlurries from the adjacent McDonalds to go with the one I'd bought her after I picked her up.

I handed back the organic equivalent of a nuclear bomb on amphetamines to her mum at 22:45 and i've NEVER been asked to babysit her again....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=2385 time=1572010125 user_id=54
Oh that's quite sad. There must be something nice you would like. Perhaps something in France? It doesn't have to build character it might just be for fun.

It's even stranger when you're the one in A and E and they're apologising for the length of time a test will take and you reply "oh it's my own fault, I had this idea back in 79/80 and I see the papers I wrote up were acted on after I got my P45, yes, exactly, I am the guy who thought up the idea if doing what you're doing, although I admit I wasn't planning on being a subject at the time...."

Churchill

Grandkids are brilliant when you have had enough of them you given the little devils back :D
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry post_id=2376 time=1572008581 user_id=51
I'd like to see a great grandchild before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Grandchildren are fantastic, if I'd known how good they are I'd have had them first. Great grandchildren must be even better.

:hattip  :D

Churchill

patman post

Quote from: Churchill post_id=2403 time=1572016894 user_id=69
:D

Do you know why Nuns always walk around in twos'?

I guess they just get into the habit...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: "Paulus de B" post_id=2412 time=1572022483 user_id=56
:fcplm:  :fcplm:  :brd:  :parp:  :rant:

I give up!  Which one means "No, why do nuns walk round in twos?"

One nun to make sure the other nun gets none.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Paulus de B

:fcplm:  :fcplm:  :brd:  :parp:  :rant:

I give up!  Which one means "No, why do nuns walk round in twos?"

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2407 time=1572018829 user_id=89
That joke was old 100 years ago.

It's new to me! I guess I have been sheltered. :roll:

papasmurf

That joke was old 100 years ago.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

I daren't ask!  :roll:

Churchill