Beware July the 4th a warning from history.

Started by papasmurf, July 02, 2020, 11:22:52 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on July 02, 2020, 11:40:46 AM
Well when they've had a few and after all this time pubs shut I don't envy the police.

I was thinking of putting up razor wire around my property and just leaving enough of a gap for my neighbours 50kilogram dog to get through. (My neighbours boundary is secure but we have a common boundary at the back of my property.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Well when they've had a few and after all this time pubs shut I don't envy the police.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on July 02, 2020, 11:22:52 AM
"The taverns are fair full of gadabouts making merry this eve. And though I may press my face against the window like an urchin at a confectioner's, I am tempted not by the sweetmeats within. A dram in exchange for the pox is an ill bargain indeed." - Samuel Pepys (17th c. London, plague outbreak)

The words of a great  survivor  . Not always adverse to risk ,if a lady was involved. But he could appreciate the difference between one pox and another. In his case he didn't have to be over seventy to feel the full force of the threat Of the pox he feared.

papasmurf

"The taverns are fair full of gadabouts making merry this eve. And though I may press my face against the window like an urchin at a confectioner's, I am tempted not by the sweetmeats within. A dram in exchange for the pox is an ill bargain indeed." - Samuel Pepys (17th c. London, plague outbreak)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe