Rent-A-Mob

Started by Nick, July 02, 2020, 10:14:50 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Javert on July 02, 2020, 10:57:22 PM
Er.....

The poll tax had to be paid by every individual person and was not linked to property.  That's the whole reason why it was not accepted as it was seen as a tax increase on poorer people who didn't own houses and a tax cut for landlords.

Quite. The main problem that has never been explained is pre poll tax the rates on my property were £275 per annum, after poll tax my wife and I had to pay £330 each, £660 per annum.  Some of my neighbours had to find 4 or 5 times £330 that was why the protests.
The expectation was the poll tax was going to be much lower than rates because so many more people were going to be paying poll tax.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Javert

Er.....

The poll tax had to be paid by every individual person and was not linked to property.  That's the whole reason why it was not accepted as it was seen as a tax increase on poorer people who didn't own houses and a tax cut for landlords.

Nick

Just been watching the Thatcher series on the Bloated..... And been reminded of the 1990 riots over Poll Tax.
Well, blow me, it's a bunch of teens who didn't own a home anyway, didn't pay this tax causing all the violence and damage.
BLM in the US and rent a mob UK shows up to tear down statue's.
Greenham Common... A bunch of burn your bra hippies set up camp to stop something they had no clue about.
Green peace activists try to ban the element Chlorine (bit outside their pay grade) worldwide.
Greta Iceberg....Get a life!

All these groups and people have no clue about what the are trying to represent so why do they do it if not for anarchism?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.