It woz the care homes wot dunnit.

Started by cromwell, July 07, 2020, 08:34:53 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on July 10, 2020, 08:35:09 AM
Quote from: Good old on July 09, 2020, 02:55:11 PM

Who,s all over the place? It's still the UK,Thomas, We ,you  are governed in all respects that matter from Westminster

You are all over the place , and clearly you dont know what you are talking about.

We are indeed sadly the uk , but this thread is about johnson , care homes and the wider covid 19 , neither of which are uk matters.

So no , we arent governed in all respects from westminster , hence why scotland and england for example are going down different avenues fighting covid 19 , lockdown has been lifted in the different nations at differing times , health services and care homes as discussed are under different control , and my point time and again is johnson isnt responsible for uk care homes deaths , only english.

What part arent you understanding?

Im all for throwing shit at the tories when it suits , and have little time for johnson , but to blame the guy for uk issues when he is only responsible for reserved matters , which regarding this thread isnt scottish irish or welsh care homes , is childish in the extreme.

Quotethey to have to answer as to why they didn't question Johnson's lot in putting out what became a general instruction for hospitals nationwide

Johnson and "his lot" are responsible for english hospitals only. Health is a devolved matter. So thatll be  england nationwide.

QuoteAny insinuation is not that  everything is Johnson's fault, you might want it to be for the sake of argument.

I will apply blame when it suits and is warranted , but im also reasonably fair.

QuoteWhy were hospitals told to clear numbers of vulnerable aged patients without adequate testing , into homes that were already obviously possible hot beds for this virus

I think that is a fair question to ask in england ( same as many other countries it happened) but that wasnt how cromwell framed the op.

Quote from: cromwell on July 07, 2020, 08:34:53 AM
Says Boris,bloody priceless blame shifting when it is well known beds were block booked by e govt  before this took off to shift the elderly in to care homes with corona virus thereby resulting in so many deaths.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-coronavirus-care-home-death-toll-uk-update-a9604426.html

The emphasis in cromwells op is that somehow it was unusual or wrong to send elderly from hospitals into care homes , when this is the norm. As you point out in your question , the only fault lies in not testing them first , and in england  , just like many other countries across europe and worldwide , this seems to have been a common fault.

QuoteI am not interested In other countries f- -k up,s .

Of course you arent , because it goes against the narrative the british left are putting out that johnson ( or sturgeon) are alone in the world in making these mistakes , when it was quite common across the globe.

Labour wouldnt have done any better  , indeed with their lamentable record , they would arguably have done much worse.

QuoteAnd Blair's not in power so I'm not interested in him either.

He isnt , but the blairite cult is back in charge of labour , so he is relevent.

Remember , in terms of the nhs in both scotland and england and social care being starved of funds to a lesser or greater degree , in both our countries , the legacy of labour under the blairites has left us paying £100 billion in PFI payments alone , starving the nhs in scotland and england of much needed revenue.

Generally the snp in scotland , and the tories in england , have had to try and work with and deal with that legacy of labours profligate spending when last in power.

QuoteHospitals, have been obliged ,instructed , on the conditions for the discharge of the elderly for many years . They do as instructed.

As discussed this is the norm , and not what the thread is about.
It's as clear as daylight . And that is why Johnson, gets questioned on it, because it would seem that may not have been the case here, leading to other consequences

The thread boils down to people not being tested during a pandemic during routine transfers from hospital to care home.

Johnson may indeed have questions to answer in your country over this , but i point out , so do many other world leaders in many nations and it appears to a lesser or greater degree it was a common mistake or fault across the globe.

Politicians have indeed made mistakes during this pandemic , which is only natural .

I wouldnt like to be a politician dealing with this , they are damned if they do , damned is they dont . Its all  right the brit left carping from the sidelines as they have donw on every single issue for the last decade they have been out of power , but i doubt very much if they would have handled this any better as their woefull record in power shows .

Clearly  it is you that has taken this all over the place. In the belief that your lengthy diatribes actually draw attention away from my main point. Which is ,if a decision is taken that is easily seen to be wrong it should be called out. And as Johnson is the PM of the UK. He is the Main man . The buck stops there. And the effects of devolution are not the issue.
All this shit about not casting blame because other nations fucked up, not casting blame anyway, doesn't wash . The Tories have survived ten years or more on unwarranted blame. I couldn't give a toss about that so don't go into another lengthy rant on it. I can see I shouldn't encourage you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on July 09, 2020, 11:28:26 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2020, 01:41:31 PMblack lives matter is a campaign name as far as I'm concerned but they do have a case.
Mr C, there is no BLM case, it's either racism or not. The most racist behaviour I've ever witnessed was black people on black people in South Africa. This was the haves and have not's and didn't concern colour.
Well we differ,I have seen racism on several occasions in this country and attended a tribunal as a direct result on one occasion.
To be clear I don't want statues brought down,we can't be held responsible for our ancestors behaviour,amongst the black community they have their fair share of tossers but they are part of the human race which have as many too.
There is amongst the ethnic community hatred between various races/religions and nationalities.....I won't take the knee you accept I'm no racist or not they are free to please themselves but don't tell me there isn't racism because I've seen it first hand.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on July 10, 2020, 08:48:17 AM
Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2020, 01:41:31 PM

Starmer I have no time for,

Good i hope not. May i remind you of the last time the blairites were in power under milliband , and how from 2010 to 2015 , you and i were almost one voice in our utter condemnation of them?

Quoteblack lives matter is a campaign name as far as I'm concerned but they do have a case.

I dont agree with you , and i dont think they have a point at all.

In the here and now  , black people have never had it so good in thw western world , with a black man only recently being the president of the usa , the most powerfull guy in the world.

In the past , whatever historical wrongdoings blacks suffered ( and dished out) , you are often the first to say we arent respnsible for the sins of our ancestors.

I supposes this is a topic for another thread , but i completely disagree with you.

A can't is a can't no matter where he comes from or the colour of his skin , and there are plenty of black arseholes as well as white.

QuoteBoris will I hope bring brexit why would that mean I should approve of all he does?.

Quote me where i say you should?

...but on this thread , in my opinion you have the wrong end of the stick.

There is no country in the world where there has been some utopia in dealing with covid 19 , and many of these countries are richer and more powerfull than the uk. Old folk die , viruses happen , and i personally taking a step back , think most governments have done as best they can in dealing with it.

QuoteStill Thomas nowt like you don't bring some life to the place.

I just feel strongly about this issue cromwell. From my perspective , everyone has suffered and is continuing to suffer  , and there has been a lot of absolute piss taking barstewards moaning non stop ( not accusing you) and trying to make political capital out of an extremely bad situation when they wouldnt have done any better.
Well obviously we disagree,still a good post though. ;)

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2020, 01:41:31 PM

Starmer I have no time for,

Good i hope not. May i remind you of the last time the blairites were in power under milliband , and how from 2010 to 2015 , you and i were almost one voice in our utter condemnation of them?

Quoteblack lives matter is a campaign name as far as I'm concerned but they do have a case.

I dont agree with you , and i dont think they have a point at all.

In the here and now  , black people have never had it so good in thw western world , with a black man only recently being the president of the usa , the most powerfull guy in the world.

In the past , whatever historical wrongdoings blacks suffered ( and dished out) , you are often the first to say we arent respnsible for the sins of our ancestors.

I supposes this is a topic for another thread , but i completely disagree with you.

A cant is a cant no matter where he comes from or the colour of his skin , and there are plenty of black arseholes as well as white.

QuoteBoris will I hope bring brexit why would that mean I should approve of all he does?.

Quote me where i say you should?

...but on this thread , in my opinion you have the wrong end of the stick.

There is no country in the world where there has been some utopia in dealing with covid 19 , and many of these countries are richer and more powerfull than the uk. Old folk die , viruses happen , and i personally taking a step back , think most governments have done as best they can in dealing with it.

QuoteStill Thomas nowt like you don't bring some life to the place.

I just feel strongly about this issue cromwell. From my perspective , everyone has suffered and is continuing to suffer  , and there has been a lot of absolute piss taking barstewards moaning non stop ( not accusing you) and trying to make political capital out of an extremely bad situation when they wouldnt have done any better.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on July 09, 2020, 02:55:11 PM

Who,s all over the place? It's still the UK,Thomas, We ,you  are governed in all respects that matter from Westminster

You are all over the place , and clearly you dont know what you are talking about.

We are indeed sadly the uk , but this thread is about johnson , care homes and the wider covid 19 , neither of which are uk matters.

So no , we arent governed in all respects from westminster , hence why scotland and england for example are going down different avenues fighting covid 19 , lockdown has been lifted in the different nations at differing times , health services and care homes as discussed are under different control , and my point time and again is johnson isnt responsible for uk care homes deaths , only english.

What part arent you understanding?

Im all for throwing shit at the tories when it suits , and have little time for johnson , but to blame the guy for uk issues when he is only responsible for reserved matters , which regarding this thread isnt scottish irish or welsh care homes , is childish in the extreme.

Quotethey to have to answer as to why they didn't question Johnson's lot in putting out what became a general instruction for hospitals nationwide

Johnson and "his lot" are responsible for english hospitals only. Health is a devolved matter. So thatll be  england nationwide.

QuoteAny insinuation is not that  everything is Johnson's fault, you might want it to be for the sake of argument.

I will apply blame when it suits and is warranted , but im also reasonably fair.

QuoteWhy were hospitals told to clear numbers of vulnerable aged patients without adequate testing , into homes that were already obviously possible hot beds for this virus

I think that is a fair question to ask in england ( same as many other countries it happened) but that wasnt how cromwell framed the op.

Says Boris,bloody priceless blame shifting when it is well known beds were block booked by e govt  before this took off to shift the elderly in to care homes with corona virus thereby resulting in so many deaths.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-coronavirus-care-home-death-toll-uk-update-a9604426.html

The emphasis in cromwells op is that somehow it was unusual or wrong to send elderly from hospitals into care homes , when this is the norm. As you point out in your question , the only fault lies in not testing them first , and in england  , just like many other countries across europe and worldwide , this seems to have been a common fault.

QuoteI am not interested In other countries f- -k up,s .

Of course you arent , because it goes against the narrative the british left are putting out that johnson ( or sturgeon) are alone in the world in making these mistakes , when it was quite common across the globe.

Labour wouldnt have done any better  , indeed with their lamentable record , they would arguably have done much worse.

QuoteAnd Blair's not in power so I'm not interested in him either.

He isnt , but the blairite cult is back in charge of labour , so he is relevent.

Remember , in terms of the nhs in both scotland and england and social care being starved of funds to a lesser or greater degree , in both our countries , the legacy of labour under the blairites has left us paying £100 billion in PFI payments alone , starving the nhs in scotland and england of much needed revenue.

Generally the snp in scotland , and the tories in england , have had to try and work with and deal with that legacy of labours profligate spending when last in power.

QuoteHospitals, have been obliged ,instructed , on the conditions for the discharge of the elderly for many years . They do as instructed.

As discussed this is the norm , and not what the thread is about.
It's as clear as daylight . And that is why Johnson, gets questioned on it, because it would seem that may not have been the case here, leading to other consequences

The thread boils down to people not being tested during a pandemic during routine transfers from hospital to care home.

Johnson may indeed have questions to answer in your country over this , but i point out , so do many other world leaders in many nations and it appears to a lesser or greater degree it was a common mistake or fault across the globe.

Politicians have indeed made mistakes during this pandemic , which is only natural .

I wouldnt like to be a politician dealing with this , they are damned if they do , damned is they dont . Its all  right the brit left carping from the sidelines as they have donw on every single issue for the last decade they have been out of power , but i doubt very much if they would have handled this any better as their woefull record in power shows .

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2020, 01:41:31 PMblack lives matter is a campaign name as far as I'm concerned but they do have a case.
Mr C, there is no BLM case, it's either racism or not. The most racist behaviour I've ever witnessed was black people on black people in South Africa. This was the haves and have not's and didn't concern colour. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on July 09, 2020, 01:12:20 PM
Quote from: Good old on July 09, 2020, 10:02:46 AM

All governments have struggled. Some have done a dam sight better than ours on a number of fronts.

First of all what do you mean "ours". Your government isnt my government  . If you can't get the basics right and dont understand devolution after two decades then no one will take your argument seriously.

Secondly , there are many reasons why some countries have dont better than you , and many reasons why some countries have done worse than you. Your insinuation its all down to johnsons incompetence is a nonsense. Labour wouldnt have done any better  , and possibly would have done worse as john of gwent shows us from over in wales.

QuoteIt was Boris, that  tried to throw blame on care homes.

Were the english care homes to blame? In part / or full? So far i havent seen any evidence otherwise , just empty claim and counter claim and he said she said.

I have repeatedly pointed out the similarity with many countries around the world regarding care homes deaths , and to my mind neither johnson or care homes will likely be to blame , but old age and the virus itself.

QuoteOnly to draw attention to his own part in what has been a tragedy of many parts

Its been a tragedy over the world for many politicians , not just johnson.

It never ceases to amaze me the hypocrisy of the british left.

You spend thirteen years in power under the blairites , and the english care system gets progressively worse .You then use political opportunism to use the covid 19 tragedy to blame the english and scottish governments for issues down to care home deaths in two differing systems that you damaged or tried to demolish in the first place and whose problems , especially in england ,  labour did feck all about when they were in charge.

Then when a worldwide pandemic exacerabtes problems which were long in the making , and you helped cause , you start screaming its all boris fault and how he is naughty for blaming english are homes.

QuoteThe decision ,which was top down, to send potential infection into those homes without every precaution undertaken should not have been acceptable,

You havent proved it was a top down decision. We estyablished it was the norm to send elderly from hospitals in many countries into care homes. Hospitals are for treating the ill , they arent 5 star holding pens for the elderly . Isnt this what the british left have been complaining about for the last decade?

You dont want elderly who should be in care homes blocking beds , and compalin when it happens , so when they are moved to care homes , you start screaming they should be left to block hospital beds you compalined about in the first place?

You are all over the place.

The big issue i can see world wide was that not enough testing was carried out before sending elderly to care homes. Maybe cromwell should get the germans to show you how to do testing?

Funny if he did though as he has spent the last four years moaning about the "german controlled " EU , now all of a sudden they are his covid heroes.

QuoteSo simple answer .No!

simple answer dont agree.

The facts show this is a worldwide problem , not just an english government problem regarding care home deaths.

Who,s all over the place? It's still the UK,Thomas, We ,you  are governed in all respects that matter from Westminster . You are not independent yet. And until you are , Johnson's your man. Lucky you.
If your devolved government missed the inherent problem in discharging patients in this way, then they to have to answer as to why they didn't question Johnson's lot in putting out what became a general instruction for hospitals nationwide .
Any insinuation is not that  everything is Johnson's fault, you might want it to be for the sake of argument.
Only these questions are aimed at Johnson, and that is .. Why were hospitals told to clear numbers of vulnerable aged patients without adequate testing , into homes that were already obviously possible hot beds for this virus ? Why were they instructed to refuse patients a second test ,when requested? 
I am not interested In other countries f- -k up,s . Other than to learn what not to do. And Blair's not in power so I'm not interested in him either. It,s Johnson, runs this ship not Blair,. So Johnson, fields the questions.
Hospitals, have been obliged ,instructed , on the conditions for the discharge of the elderly for many years . They do as instructed.
If this was allowed to happen , and there is a good chance it did, then it was appalling practice. And it needs calling out here and anywhere else the same thing may have happened. Not just by the left, but by any right minded. Individual.
Lastly, no one wants hospital beds blocked, left or right . But there is no excuse for not taking every precaution for the patients and others safety when unblocking them. That's not all over the place. It's as clear as daylight . And that is why Johnson, gets questioned on it, because it would seem that may not have been the case here, leading to other consequences

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on July 09, 2020, 01:33:51 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2020, 01:28:27 PM

Course I don't know owt about nowt Thomas, you go off and watch braveheart whilst moaning about how awful the English are,anyway as you so often tell those who comment about Scotland's affairs "it's not your country and nothing to do with you"
;) :)

I dont mention braveheart the way you do england winning two world wars and one world cup every thread.

You run wae the hares and chase wae the hounds cromwell......one minute bojo is your brexit hero , the next you are sir keir stauners best pal and black lives matter.
Starmer I have no time for,black lives matter is a campaign name as far as I'm concerned but they do have a case.

Boris will I hope bring brexit why would that mean I should approve of all he does?.

Still Thomas nowt like you don't bring some life to the place. :)

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2020, 01:28:27 PM

Course I don't know owt about nowt Thomas, you go off and watch braveheart whilst moaning about how awful the English are,anyway as you so often tell those who comment about Scotland's affairs "it's not your country and nothing to do with you"

I dont mention braveheart the way you do england winning two world wars and one world cup every thread.

You run wae the hares and chase wae the hounds cromwell......one minute bojo is your brexit hero , the next you are sir keir stauners best pal and black lives matter.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on July 09, 2020, 01:20:44 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2020, 01:08:56 PM

Ha typical Thomas all guns blazing on things never said,as for whinges yours about Westminster non stop till you realised Boris might bring you independence. :P

Thats all you have cromwell as sampan told you the other day in the hong kong thread......whataboutery , diversions and trying to turn someones argument back on themselves as you have no argument of your own.

What are you actually bleating about in this thread then?

You dont know anything about world war two never mind serving in it yet you never shut up about it.

You dont want anything from the younger generation yet  you never shut up moaning about them regarding covid 19.

Stop moaning about care home deaths and accept old people die of old age in care homes and age related illnesses.

Boris blamed a care home....booo feckin hoo. You voted him into government ya daft bugger and now sit bleating about him because he isnt able to stop the grim reaper taking the elderly due to a worldwide pandemic?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2020, 01:08:56 PM

Ha typical Thomas all guns blazing on things never said,as for whinges yours about Westminster non stop till you realised Boris might bring you independence. :P

Thats all you have cromwell as sampan told you the other day in the hong kong thread......whataboutery , diversions and trying to turn someones argument back on themselves as you have no argument of your own.

What are you actually bleating about in this thread then?

You dont know anything about world war two never mind serving in it yet you never shut up about it.

You dont want anything from the younger generation yet  you never shut up moaning about them regarding covid 19.

Stop moaning about care home deaths and accept old people die of old age in care homes and age related illnesses.

Boris blamed a care home....booo feckin hoo. You voted him into government ya daft bugger and now sit bleating about him because he isnt able to stop the grim reaper taking the elderly due to a worldwide pandemic?

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on July 09, 2020, 10:02:46 AM

All governments have struggled. Some have done a dam sight better than ours on a number of fronts.

First of all what do you mean "ours". Your government isnt my government  . If you cant get the basics right and dont understand devolution after two decades then no one will take your argument seriously.

Secondly , there are many reasons why some countries have dont better than you , and many reasons why some countries have done worse than you. Your insinuation its all down to johnsons incompetence is a nonsense. Labour wouldnt have done any better  , and possibly would have done worse as john of gwent shows us from over in wales.

QuoteIt was Boris, that  tried to throw blame on care homes.

Were the english care homes to blame? In part / or full? So far i havent seen any evidence otherwise , just empty claim and counter claim and he said she said.

I have repeatedly pointed out the similarity with many countries around the world regarding care homes deaths , and to my mind neither johnson or care homes will likely be to blame , but old age and the virus itself.

QuoteOnly to draw attention to his own part in what has been a tragedy of many parts

Its been a tragedy over the world for many politicians , not just johnson.

It never ceases to amaze me the hypocrisy of the british left.

You spend thirteen years in power under the blairites , and the english care system gets progressively worse .You then use political opportunism to use the covid 19 tragedy to blame the english and scottish governments for issues down to care home deaths in two differing systems that you damaged or tried to demolish in the first place and whose problems , especially in england ,  labour did feck all about when they were in charge.

Then when a worldwide pandemic exacerabtes problems which were long in the making , and you helped cause , you start screaming its all boris fault and how he is naughty for blaming english are homes.

QuoteThe decision ,which was top down, to send potential infection into those homes without every precaution undertaken should not have been acceptable,

You havent proved it was a top down decision. We estyablished it was the norm to send elderly from hospitals in many countries into care homes. Hospitals are for treating the ill , they arent 5 star holding pens for the elderly . Isnt this what the british left have been complaining about for the last decade?

You dont want elderly who should be in care homes blocking beds , and compalin when it happens , so when they are moved to care homes , you start screaming they should be left to block hospital beds you compalined about in the first place?

You are all over the place.

The big issue i can see world wide was that not enough testing was carried out before sending elderly to care homes. Maybe cromwell should get the germans to show you how to do testing?

Funny if he did though as he has spent the last four years moaning about the "german controlled " EU , now all of a sudden they are his covid heroes.

QuoteSo simple answer .No!

simple answer dont agree.

The facts show this is a worldwide problem , not just an english government problem regarding care home deaths.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on July 09, 2020, 12:53:32 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2020, 09:24:44 AM

No you look back and read what I have written not what you wanted me to have said,to repeat I am not trying to uncover some dastardly plot to kill off old people just highlighting that Boris is trying to blame the care homes......is that clear enough for you?

Cromwell whinge on original post

cromwell whinge on post  12#

Quote from: cromwell on July 07, 2020, 01:23:52 PM
Nick and Pat,what you posted deflected from the issue.......people died because it was deliberate policy not to treat the elderly but to put them in care homes untested,the beds were booked before it all took off.
In any event pappy was right the ppe was not only short in care homes but across the NHS.

next cromwell whinge about how great germany is

Quote from: cromwell on July 08, 2020, 01:35:26 PM

From figures  published UK care home deaths were nine times greater than in Germany,whatever the figures elsewhere doesn't excuse Boris from shifting blame does it? We should be striving to be better anyway rather than saying oh well Spains or wherever are comparable.

and so on and so forth throughout many threads since back in march if not earlier.

Boris can blame who he wants. If you disagree with it , its up to you to show us how he is wrong .

QuoteWhinging ? I need nowt from you or anybody else thanks quite capable of isolating as far as possible and getting supplies in.

Dont talk shite cromwell. You have been whinging since this started  on things like how you need the younger folk not to congregate on beaches or in pubs to stop the elderly catching the disease.

How you need younger folk to lock down , and how you agree with the government in your country locking people down.

At the same time , you need the younger folk working and paying taxation to pay your pension and provide the services you use  .

You need plenty from us and it never seems to be enough.

QuoteI've never claimed to have fought in a war,

Good stop feckin talking about it then cause great uncle toby once spent a month patrolling blackpool beach with dads army and you read a load of commando comics when you were a boy.

The war generation wouldnt have bent our ears non stop whinging about how boris is balming care homes and all the other non stop greeting we hear from you.

Quoteits you in fact whinging about how much you've sacrificed.

Where ?

Quote me?

Quoteto paraphrase you take it up with your countries govt.

Dont need to , im more than happy with my countries government regarding how they have dealt with covid 19 , and im not non stop whinging about them unlike you and yours.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on July 09, 2020, 09:24:44 AM

No you look back and read what I have written not what you wanted me to have said,to repeat I am not trying to uncover some dastardly plot to kill off old people just highlighting that Boris is trying to blame the care homes......is that clear enough for you?

Cromwell whinge on original post

cromwell whinge on post  12#

Quote from: cromwell on July 07, 2020, 01:23:52 PM
Nick and Pat,what you posted deflected from the issue.......people died because it was deliberate policy not to treat the elderly but to put them in care homes untested,the beds were booked before it all took off.
In any event pappy was right the ppe was not only short in care homes but across the NHS.

next cromwell whinge about how great germany is

Quote from: cromwell on July 08, 2020, 01:35:26 PM

From figures  published UK care home deaths were nine times greater than in Germany,whatever the figures elsewhere doesn't excuse Boris from shifting blame does it? We should be striving to be better anyway rather than saying oh well Spains or wherever are comparable.

and so on and so forth throughout many threads since back in march if not earlier.

Boris can blame who he wants. If you disagree with it , its up to you to show us how he is wrong .

QuoteWhinging ? I need nowt from you or anybody else thanks quite capable of isolating as far as possible and getting supplies in.

Dont talk shite cromwell. You have been whinging since this started  on things like how you need the younger folk not to congregate on beaches or in pubs to stop the elderly catching the disease.

How you need younger folk to lock down , and how you agree with the government in your country locking people down.

At the same time , you need the younger folk working and paying taxation to pay your pension and provide the services you use  .

You need plenty from us and it never seems to be enough.

QuoteI've never claimed to have fought in a war,

Good stop feckin talking about it then cause great uncle toby once spent a month patrolling blackpool beach with dads army and you read a load of commando comics when you were a boy.

The war generation wouldnt have bent our ears non stop whinging about how boris is balming care homes and all the other non stop greeting we hear from you.

Quoteits you in fact whinging about how much you've sacrificed.

Where ?

Quote me?

Quoteto paraphrase you take it up with your countries govt.

Dont need to , im more than happy with my countries government regarding how they have dealt with covid 19 , and im not non stop whinging about them unlike you and yours.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on July 09, 2020, 07:55:52 AM
Quote from: Good old on July 08, 2020, 09:26:05 PM

So who should answer for risks taken by sending people,not recently tested  and in the event a number being infected into vulnerable  care situations.? As it is known to have been top down policy, to do so.? Johns annoyed and so he should be, because the act has to be hard to defend whoever ordered it being carried out.

Why does anyone need to be to blame? can't you just accept it has been a nasty situation world wide that all governments have struggled to cope with ?

All governments have struggled. Some have done a dam sight better than ours on a number of fronts. That's important but not the issue of this thread . It was Boris, that  tried to throw blame on care homes. Only to draw attention to his own part in what has been a tragedy of many parts. The decision ,which was top down, to send potential infection into those homes without every precaution undertaken should not have been acceptable, not even in a degree of panic. So simple answer .No!