Coronavirus: Majority testing positive have no symptoms

Started by Nick, July 07, 2020, 12:35:22 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 02, 2020, 09:56:05 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 02, 2020, 09:54:13 AM
I fixed that for him, he will be imprisoned on the severity of his medical problems. He can use that old Barbecue he built. If it ain't fallen over in the wind.

Thats will give him something else to moan about!
Well I never said I could stop him being a complete crank. But he can isolate with everyone's blessing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 02, 2020, 09:54:13 AM
I fixed that for him, he will be imprisoned on the severity of his medical problems. He can use that old Barbecue he built. If it ain't fallen over in the wind.

Thats will give him something else to moan about!
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 02, 2020, 08:58:13 AM

There is no hope for you, you are doomed to permanent house arrest until you succumb as part of the cull. The "vaccine" seems to only be effective for a limited time.

Well said , thats no a life john , its a death sentence in prison smurf is living out.

The peak of the cornish tourist season is july and august , and smurf by his own words has been dubbed up at home in terror for four months now. So he has at least another month to go , and then once the so called hordes of tourists ( which are less than normal) have died down ( pardon the pun) he will then be on this forum snivelling about autumn and winter colds/flus as the next reason why he cant go out.

I have no time for him. As we both know over the years with his general proclamations of doom and gloom on any and every subject , you could feckin guarentee he would be the cheerleader of impending gloom and spreader of terror over something like a pandemic.

I just feel sorry for some of the older posters on this site listening to this auld crank  ramping up their own fears a million times over.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 02, 2020, 08:58:13 AM

There is no hope for you, you are doomed to permanent house arrest until you succumb as part of the cull. The "vaccine" seems to only be effective for a limited time.

The normal flu jab only lasts a limited amount of time. It is looking as if  two inoculations close apart will be  for any Covid-19 vaccine for the over 70s.
As for "house arrest" when the madding crowds locally have gone in a few weeks, I can still go out and maintain social distancing.
My local "servicing all makes of motorcycles," spanner wielder can also source a new small motorcycle for me, and I may unscrew my wallet and buy it.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2020, 12:40:52 PM
Quote from: Nick on July 07, 2020, 12:35:22 PM
80% of those testing positive have NO symptoms what so ever. Looks like you either get it and almost die or not even know you've had it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53320155

Many millions of "Typhoid Mary," type Covid -19 super spreaders inspires me with no confidence at all.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on August 02, 2020, 07:59:08 AM

I could list those characteristics, but I won't or I would get a torrent of abuse.

How do you know what their common characteristics , if any  , are , when you havent been out the house for over four months so are in reality relying on second hand information in the very press you oft say you despise ( for telling lies  :D?)

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on August 01, 2020, 11:39:46 PM

So what would be interesting and important to know would be whether these super spreaders have any common characteristics.

I could list those characteristics, but I won't or I would get a torrent of abuse.

HDQQ

It's been believed for some time now that a significant proportion of people infected with covid-19 are asymptomatic and remain so.  Now there's also evidence that 10% of infected people do 80% of the speading. 

So what would be interesting and important to know would be whether these super spreaders have any common characteristics. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Javert

There's a couple of issues here.

First, it says they don't have symptoms "on the day of the test" - that doesn't mean they didn't go on to develop symptoms afterwards.  This certainly points to the idea of people without symptoms being infectious, but you can't really conclude much about who will get symptoms and who won't.

That said, there is quite some evidence that a very significant portion of people are asymptomatic.

The second thing that puzzled me here and I couldn't quite understand from the description, is whether this test is probably skewed to people who didn't have any symptoms anyway, because those who did have symptoms were either
- Already in hospital.
- Already had obtained or requested a test in another way and therefore wouldn't participate in this survey.
I must admit I could not get to the bottom of that after skimming through the report.

johnofgwent

ACTUALLY it admits a majority of WHITE people testing positive on the day show no symptoms, and BAME testees are most likely to have antibodies ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2020, 12:40:52 PM
80% of those testing positive have NO symptoms what so ever. Looks like you either get it and almost die or not even know you've had it.

Many millions of "Typhoid Mary," type Covid -19 super spreaders inspires me with no confidence at all.

Seeing as it looks to have been around for almost 18 months and personally having done over 100 flights in that time, I'm fairly confident I am in the zero risk category. :)
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.