Drakeford unsheathes the ritual daggers ...

Started by johnofgwent, July 09, 2020, 08:24:58 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on July 09, 2020, 10:46:30 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2020, 09:44:36 AM
The M4 has needed extending to Milford Have/Pembroke Dock for a very long time.

What for?

There is sod all in either Milford Haven or Pembroke Dock other than a bunch of taffys dreaming of the revival of the sheep shagging industry. And if I want to get stabbed I can go to Tottenham. I don't have to travel two hundred miles up to Newport.

The problem with Wales is not the English Tories or the Labour party or the Welsh Nats but that it is in the wrong place. Throughout the years it has received various bungs to encourage the electorate to vote left, right and for whatever English ex pat who can speak the lingo and as a result the locals have received the false impression that the place has some sort of economic importance. It hasn't.

The best thing for Wales would be the creation of work schemes to level off the hills and fill the valleys with the spoil. Then the workforce could be sent to Eat Europe where they could learn an incomprehensible language and count their money, two popular Welsh pass times.

Having gotten that out of the way, how does beer in the bag compare with the commercial stuff?

LMFAO borkie.

Poor auld john of gwent!

It must break his british nationalist heart seeing how contemptuously his english cousins take him and his "region".

QuoteThere is sod all in either Milford Haven or Pembroke Dock other than a bunch of taffys dreaming of the revival of the sheep shagging industry.

;D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 09, 2020, 10:46:30 AM

What for?

There is sod all in either Milford Haven or Pembroke Dock

The ferries and the freight terminal Or have you forgotten those?
It would cut the time needed to transit Wales East/West, West/East. (Spending as little time in Wales as is possible is a plus.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2020, 09:44:36 AM

What for?

There is sod all in either Milford Haven or Pembroke Dock other than a bunch of taffys dreaming of the revival of the sheep shagging industry. And if I want to get stabbed I can go to Tottenham. I don't have to travel two hundred miles up to Newport.

The problem with Wales is not the English Tories or the Labour party or the Welsh Nats but that it is in the wrong place. Throughout the years it has received various bungs to encourage the electorate to vote left, right and for whatever English ex pat who can speak the lingo and as a result the locals have received the false impression that the place has some sort of economic importance. It hasn't.

The best thing for Wales would be the creation of work schemes to level off the hills and fill the valleys with the spoil. Then the workforce could be sent to Eat Europe where they could learn an incomprehensible language and count their money, two popular Welsh pass times.

Having gotten that out of the way, how does beer in the bag compare with the commercial stuff?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sampanviking

I could not believe. it when the prat announced he was cancelling the scheme
Seems that the problem is that he cannot bear to think about the thinking of a new Motorway.

Well Mr Drakeford, I have a solution for you. The M4 route that winds north of Newport is so impractical and convoluted. It makes far better sense to have a the shorter, faster and more direct stretch south of the City.
So rather than build a new motorway, simply reroute the existing one - which is what they did at the Prince of Wales Bridge afterall.
In that case, no new Motorway will be built as the stretch relocated South of Newport and will still be the M4, while the existing route to the North can be redisignated as the North Newport Bypass, so not even a Motorway at all (which it barely is anyway to be honest). They can even wire in their traffic lights if they want to.

Overall result, no new roads and less actual miles of Motorway than before, sounds like a win - win to me!

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 09, 2020, 08:24:58 AM
... proceeds to wrap his delicately artworked divine prayer around his forehead, and climbs into the cockpit.

A bit of background.

The M4 around newport has all the unwelcome characteristics of the M25/M20 junction on a bank holiday weekend.

The last labour government had a splendid policy idea to sort this put, TRAFFIC LIGHTS ON A MOTORWAY.

Not traffic lights at the slip roads like they do at the London end of the M4, Traffic lights above the lanes at the tunnels.

I was cycling to work over the Usk river bridge - the last bit of government pissing about with traffic problems in this area left us with - and a disaster that was - and I actually saw them FITTING these things, which are still there in a  gantry but have never been wired up.

for years they have bleated on about building a relief road but cardigan wearing tree huggers that they are (and more to the point, they are beholden for their majority on a small band of ultramarxist cottage burning cardigan wearing tree huggers) they pissed about £140 million up the wall on consultant's fees before cancelling the whole thing.

Leaving the area blocked solid whenever something like a car needing to change a wheel happens.

Now, to move on, Drakeford and his clowns pissed god knows how much up the wall enticicing Aston Martin to the former airbase at St Athan while their general anti-vehicle policy and their continued worship of the goddess Greta of Thunberg made Ford decide f**k this for a game of soldiers and close their engine plant at the Suicide Capital of the United Kingdom, Bridgend.

Of course, every remoaner this side of offas dyke was up in arms saying SEE !! THIS is what you get when you leave the EU to which Ford gave them a prize slapping down of the "No, Pal, THIS is what you get when you pander to your horse shit loving fellow coalitionists and declare a climate emergency in which it will be illegal - hopefully within the next ten years - to sell a car using the engines we make here"

That shut the fuckers up.

They then went cap (and sacks of our money) in hand to a bunch of foreigners pleading with them to come and build what looks VERY like the old Land Rover Defender - a vehicle banned from being produced on the grounds it makes too much C02 - on the fields next to this engine plant. and bunged them a huge bribe.

Step forward to last week.

Mercedez Benz France decide f**k the car making business here in the autophobic (funny how the snowflakes changed the latin for fear to mean hatred, but hey ho) EU for a game of soldiers and put a massive car plant up for grabs to whoever wants to pay for it.

INEOS realise this is a much better place to set themselves up in and tell Drakeford so long and thanks for all the bribes. Given his predecessors bribery and failure to secure an automotive industrial park south of the Brecon Beacons National Park and the massive amount of egg this left on the face, Drakeford goes ape shit and whingnes like the pathetic little shithead he is "but ewe pwomised" .....

Somehow - and this is where things go off piste - SOMEHOW someone manages to kick off the rumour that the REAL reason INEOS is f**king off is that the road links to everywhere from Bridgend are royally f**ked by the lack of a motorway connection of any real use through newport, which is down to drakeford declaring a climate emergency west of offas dyke and cancelling the relief road.

Next thing we know, Boris is saying he'll get wales done by building the relief road drakeford won't

And so Drakeford shouts him down saying he has no right to.

Oh THIS will be fun. I'm off to clear the shelves in LIDL, not of toilet paper, but of popcorn, bacon frazzles and doritos

Again sounds familiar john.

Both labour and conservative long hampered and opposed infrastructure projects in scotland back in the bad old days. Labour famously opposed the new forth road bridge and tried to make political capital out of it time and again.Or how about when scottish labour first minister mcconnell handed back a billion of scottish taxpayers cash to westminster and said he couldnt spend it and was given a peerage for services to the crown?

Basically labour and tory are using the welsh assembly to point score against each other when all they are really interested in is westminster , rather than wales. Generally what happens is labour make a fuss for political gain in the devolved parliaments but if it puts pressure on thier beloved union , they capitulate and cave in to what westminster wants.

I know i am wasting my time with you as you are a died in the wooll brit nat , but im surprised why any welshman would have any time for either the red or blue tories to be honest.

QuoteNext thing we know, Boris is saying he'll get wales done by building the relief road drakeford won't

Wishfull thinking here john.

The welsh seem very happy with their devolved parliament , the problem seems to be those who currently run it.

Why do you need foreigners in a foreign parliament to build a relief road for you? With  the proper party in place , a welsh rather than british party , you could easily do it yourself.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

... proceeds to wrap his delicately artworked divine prayer around his forehead, and climbs into the cockpit.

A bit of background.

The M4 around newport has all the unwelcome characteristics of the M25/M20 junction on a bank holiday weekend.

The last labour government had a splendid policy idea to sort this put, TRAFFIC LIGHTS ON A MOTORWAY.

Not traffic lights at the slip roads like they do at the London end of the M4, Traffic lights above the lanes at the tunnels.

I was cycling to work over the Usk river bridge - the last bit of government pissing about with traffic problems in this area left us with - and a disaster that was - and I actually saw them FITTING these things, which are still there in a  gantry but have never been wired up.

for years they have bleated on about building a relief road but cardigan wearing tree huggers that they are (and more to the point, they are beholden for their majority on a small band of ultramarxist cottage burning cardigan wearing tree huggers) they pissed about £140 million up the wall on consultant's fees before cancelling the whole thing.

Leaving the area blocked solid whenever something like a car needing to change a wheel happens.

Now, to move on, Drakeford and his clowns pissed god knows how much up the wall enticicing Aston Martin to the former airbase at St Athan while their general anti-vehicle policy and their continued worship of the goddess Greta of Thunberg made Ford decide F@@@ this for a game of soldiers and close their engine plant at the Suicide Capital of the United Kingdom, Bridgend.

Of course, every remoaner this side of offas dyke was up in arms saying SEE !! THIS is what you get when you leave the EU to which Ford gave them a prize slapping down of the "No, Pal, THIS is what you get when you pander to your horse shit loving fellow coalitionists and declare a climate emergency in which it will be illegal - hopefully within the next ten years - to sell a car using the engines we make here"

That shut the fuckers up.

They then went cap (and sacks of our money) in hand to a bunch of foreigners pleading with them to come and build what looks VERY like the old Land Rover Defender - a vehicle banned from being produced on the grounds it makes too much C02 - on the fields next to this engine plant. and bunged them a huge bribe.

Step forward to last week.

Mercedez Benz France decide F@@@ the car making business here in the autophobic (funny how the snowflakes changed the latin for fear to mean hatred, but hey ho) EU for a game of soldiers and put a massive car plant up for grabs to whoever wants to pay for it.

INEOS realise this is a much better place to set themselves up in and tell Drakeford so long and thanks for all the bribes. Given his predecessors bribery and failure to secure an automotive industrial park south of the Brecon Beacons National Park and the massive amount of egg this left on the face, Drakeford goes ape shit and whingnes like the pathetic little shithead he is "but ewe pwomised" .....

Somehow - and this is where things go off piste - SOMEHOW someone manages to kick off the rumour that the REAL reason INEOS is fucking off is that the road links to everywhere from Bridgend are royally fucked by the lack of a motorway connection of any real use through newport, which is down to drakeford declaring a climate emergency west of offas dyke and cancelling the relief road.

Next thing we know, Boris is saying he'll get wales done by building the relief road drakeford won't

And so Drakeford shouts him down saying he has no right to.

Oh THIS will be fun. I'm off to clear the shelves in LIDL, not of toilet paper, but of popcorn, bacon frazzles and doritos

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>