Masks to be worn by everyone in public...?

Started by patman post, July 10, 2020, 06:43:59 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2020, 07:37:02 PM
Went B&Q Tottenham Hale this afternoon and was one of the fifty percent of the few customers wearing a mask. All floor staff were mask-wearing, but not on the tills...

And the customers have probably been using the same mask for the last few weeks. I was at B&Q this morning. I put on a mask as I went in because I did not want put the security wallah in a bad position, but they were out of Christmas potatoes and 97p buckets. And 15kg bags of birdseed.

B&Q are great at being woke, but shit when it comes to stock control
Algerie Francais !

patman post

^^^
There's also those who claim their various afflictions and infirmaries prevent them from being able to wear a mask or other face covering. I'd guess that if they're that afflicted they shouldn't be out in public in the first place.
Otherwise Amazon can help...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Face-Exemption-Travel-Holder-Lanyard/dp/B08BJC61SL/ref=asc_df_B08BJC61SL/?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584070147744894&psc=1
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HDQQ

Now that everyone has to wear a mask in shops etc. perhaps all the fuss will die down. All of a sudden, people trying to make a point by not wearing one seems so "last-month".  When all's said and done, wearing a mask isn't going to do any harm but it will probably save some lives and save a lot more people from becoming ill.  Yes, there will probably be someone who swallows their mask and chokes because they were trying to drink a whole bottle of chipotle sauce through it, but on the whole masks are for the good.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Went B&Q Tottenham Hale this afternoon and was one of the fifty percent of the few customers wearing a mask. All floor staff were mask-wearing, but not on the tills...
Well you are saved then.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Second wave on the way.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Well done, bravo.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

I had to sit outside a branch of the well known pile it high sell it cheap national chain of Supermarkets today.
(I had to stay in the car whilst the ball chain went shopping. I am still shielding) I was near the entrance, mask wearing was 100% compliance during the over an hour I was sat there.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on July 28, 2020, 03:12:23 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 28, 2020, 12:51:57 PMI am not stopping you conforming as I have said all along, but don't think for one minute you won't be questioned on a very strange logic driven by psychology.
I may be stopped and questioned (not uncommon). But I doubt it will be on my "very strange logic driven by psychology"...
Tempting, but not really.

patman post

Quote from: Sheepy on July 28, 2020, 12:51:57 PMI am not stopping you conforming as I have said all along, but don't think for one minute you won't be questioned on a very strange logic driven by psychology.
I may be stopped and questioned (not uncommon). But I doubt it will be on my "very strange logic driven by psychology"...

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on July 28, 2020, 12:46:46 PM
You reckon it's losing Rights. I reckon it's taking Responsibility...
I am not stopping you conforming as I have said all along, but don't think for one minute you won't be questioned on a very strange logic driven by psychology.

patman post

You reckon it's losing Rights. I reckon it's taking Responsibility...

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2020, 03:00:00 PM
Seems to me Cromwell's perfectly valid to compare past moans about personal liberty infringements from previous safety-inspired legislation with those about mask-wearing today. Legislation involving crash helmets, drink driving, seat belts, smoking, etc, was criticised when brought in. These measures are now accepted by most. I reckon mask wearing is likely to become so too. After all, it's harmless, could be doing some good healthwise, and gives new opportunities for mask manufacturers, retailers and the fashion industry...
well it isn't actually, it is using a reverse psychology, that if you don't wear one it is because you are selfish about others feelings and health, when in actual fact it is quite the opposite,  you have considered the narrative and found it slowly but surely more imposing on peoples rights, which includes those who just say, well it is only a mask, so it is far from selfish, it is in fact a way of saying, don't think for a minute you will get away with it. when it is also a fact they have changed the narrative without actually consulting anyone but themselves.

patman post

Seems to me Cromwell's perfectly valid to compare past moans about personal liberty infringements from previous safety-inspired legislation with those about mask-wearing today. Legislation involving crash helmets, drink driving, seat belts, smoking, etc, was criticised when brought in. These measures are now accepted by most. I reckon mask wearing is likely to become so too. After all, it's harmless, could be doing some good healthwise, and gives new opportunities for mask manufacturers, retailers and the fashion industry...

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2020, 02:39:02 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 01:19:19 PM

So please point out where I mentioned or that wearing a crash helmet in a car was a good idea or mandatory,methinks you misunderstood my post perhaps as I did your cartoon intent :P
If I misunderstood your post, I would apologise for that, but I didn't so I won't.
Your choice

QuoteYou are trying to conflate safety measures, so Sheepy added another. You didn't like that. Tough.
No I was disputing his post,why were you conflating with your cartoon?
Didn't like it? why would that be tough it's a forum isn't it with different opinions.

QuoteJust came back from shopping with my multi-use home made mask complying with the law. What a load of cobblers this is.
An opinion,wrong IMO but find it neither tough  nor a problem,what I did object to was his twisting my post so told him I'd leave it with him why is that a problem?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?