Masks to be worn by everyone in public...?

Started by patman post, July 10, 2020, 06:43:59 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

QuoteKids' stuff. We are running at 18 per 100,000.

I don't want to be rude Sheepy, but you provincials really must try harder.

you might be right, but as I notice certain things, have you noticed it is remain who have become the Totalitarians, who were trying to convince us leave  were the Totalitarians. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 25, 2020, 06:41:01 PM
Do you wonder if part of the reason for that is we have not had to  I doubt the majority really find mask-wearing that irksome...

Quite. Anyway I have managed to wind up some of the anti-mask types in the Daily Mail comments section.  (I surprised the DM did not moderate my comment out. I sometimes put comments that usually get moderated out. (Censored.)

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Barry on July 25, 2020, 05:26:10 PMDo you wonder if part of the reason for that is we have not had to wear masks in shops since March, when the deaths started in this country, yet now it is almost over, we are mandated to wear them??
People do have some common sense and can see logic when they look for it, and recognise the illogical, too.
Because the government was slow to take on board and recognise both the danger and required actions, its panicked responses still look like too little too late. And weeks of rudderless government while the PM was out of action didn't improve the perception.
Who can know "it is almost over"? It's not doing enough soon enough, that's generally reckoned to have got the UK its high and still rising total Covid death toll.
Many people have been wearing masks throughout. More are doing so now. Even if mask-wearing reduces Covid spread by only a few percentage points before the possible Winter surge it will be worth it — even the selfish amateur and professional contrarians might benefit too. And anyway, I doubt the majority really find mask-wearing that irksome...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2020, 06:05:52 PM
Quote from: Borchester on July 25, 2020, 02:02:46 PM

This kerfuffle can't last much longer. I wonder what the next panic will be about?
Don't you believe it, it can be made to last as long as they wish with our budding totalitarians crawling out of the woodwork, which was a little obvious when shaking hands became non politically correct, with the media and their dodgy experts feeding the fear factor until it reached factor 10. The two most advertised hand shakers Boris and Charlie being the victims of Covid, although many people were sure they had it before the advertised date, it also suddenly became possible to catch it more than once. No mass immunity then. Anyway at least they didn't need the Nightingale hospitals this time, although locally we did have 10 deaths put down as covid, out of a 100,000k population give or take.

Kids' stuff. We are running at 18 per 100,000.

I don't want to be rude Sheepy, but you provincials really must try harder.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on July 23, 2020, 10:42:40 AM
Who is endangering who's health?

This kerfuffle can't last much longer. I wonder what the next panic will be about?
ns
Don't you believe it, it can be made to last as long as they wish with our budding totalitarians crawling out of the woodwork, which was a little obvious when shaking hands became non politically correct, with the media and their dodgy experts feeding the fear factor until it reached factor 10. The two most advertised hand shakers Boris and Charlie being the victims of Covid, although many people were sure they had it before the advertised date, it also suddenly became possible to catch it more than once. No mass immunity then. Anyway at least they didn't need the Nightingale hospitals this time, although locally we did have 10 deaths put down as covid, out of a 100,000k population give or take.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 25, 2020, 02:57:42 PMBut true to form, Little England has one of the highest proportions of complaining Covid anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers to be found anywhere...
Do you wonder if part of the reason for that is we have not had to wear masks in shops since March, when the deaths started in this country, yet now it is almost over, we are mandated to wear them??
People do have some common sense and can see logic when they look for it, and recognise the illogical, too.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 25, 2020, 04:56:18 PM

you will be the first to admit that your life is pretty crap anyway.

What are you on about? You know (expletive deleted) all about my life.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2020, 04:23:20 PM
Quote from: Borchester on July 25, 2020, 04:09:26 PM

Everything makes you very angry Pappy. You want the world to run around keeping you alive so that you can spend your time being miserable.

Idiots make me angry especially ones who don't care if their idiocy kills people.

Only oldies like you and me Pappy. I have had a good innings and having spent the lat few months cowering under the bed in fear of most everything, you will be the first to admit that your life is pretty crap anyway.

So whatever happens is going to be a plus and you can't say fairer than that  :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 25, 2020, 04:09:26 PM

Everything makes you very angry Pappy. You want the world to run around keeping you alive so that you can spend your time being miserable.

Idiots make me angry especially ones who don't care if their idiocy kills people.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2020, 02:10:37 PM

That cartoon is a bit unfair. Once you start using a mobility scooter or such then you aren't getting much exercise so you start to pile on the pounds. The little dolly on the left will go through this nonsense and be unlucky to catch a cold, while Ms Blubber on the right is one of the few really at risk.

What you have don't seem to know is many disabilities are invisible so you are making an assumption "The little dolly on the left will go through this nonsense."
There are three young women living near me who look as fit as butcher dogs, but they are in the shielded category due to pre-existing medical conditions.
You not taking Covi-19 seriously make me very angry because people with your attitude are making a second wave practically a certainty.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 25, 2020, 02:57:42 PM

But true to form, Little England has one of the highest proportions of complaining Covid anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers to be found anywhere...

Frankly with the problems caused in Cornwall, Scotland, and Wales by invading morons over the last few weeks. England should be shut out.

patman post

You do not need to wear a face covering if you have a legitimate reason not to. This includes (but is not limited to):
•   young children under the age of 11 (Public Health England do not recommended face coverings for children under the age of 3 for health and safety reasons)
•   not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
•  if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
•  if you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
•  to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others
•  to avoid injury, or to escape a risk of harm, and you do not have a face covering with you
•  to eat or drink if reasonably necessary
•  in order to take medication**
•  if a police officer or other official requests you remove your face covering

There are also scenarios when you are permitted to remove a face covering when asked:
•  if asked to do so in a bank, building society, or post office for
•  if asked to do so by shop staff or relevant employees for identification, the purpose of assessing health recommendations, such as a pharmacist, or for age identification purposes including when buying age restricted products such as alcohol
•  if speaking with people who rely on lip reading, facial expressions and clear sound. Some may ask you, either verbally or in writing, to remove a covering to help with communication

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#when-you-do-not-need-to-wear-a-face-covering

For those who want to there are also Exemption Card and Badges to down load to print of for mobile phone:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

**Use of asthma inhalers does not give exemption to mask wearing — although using an inhaler would require a legitimate temporary removal of the mask.

Anyone who can wear a mask — uncomfortable or not — should.
But true to form, Little England has one of the highest proportions of complaining Covid anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers to be found anywhere...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

That cartoon is a bit unfair. Once you start using a mobility scooter or such then you aren't getting much exercise so you start to pile on the pounds. The little dolly on the left will go through this nonsense and be unlucky to catch a cold, while Ms Blubber on the right is one of the few really at risk.

What you have don't seem to know is many disabilities are invisible so you are making an assumption "The little dolly on the left will go through this nonsense."
There are three young women living near me who look as fit as butcher dogs, but they are in the shielded category due to pre-existing medical conditions.
You not taking Covi-19 seriously make me very angry because people with your attitude are making a second wave practically a certainty.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on July 23, 2020, 10:42:40 AM
Who is endangering who's health?

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Javert on July 25, 2020, 01:12:06 PM

there will always be a small minority of traitors, sorry I mean patriotic heroes, who refuse to wear the mask and therefore put their fellow citizens in danger.

Traitors covers it, why the intransigent stroppy bastards seem to be confined to Britain I really cannot understand.  I have just been watching live broadcast reports from over Europe and mask wearing compliance appears to be high with police enforcing it. (Though it does not appear to be needed.)
Frankly it is time to put some legal authority behind it in  Britain, and "Assistance to the civil power" requested with fixed bayonets and live ammunition.