Demos - a cure for Covid 19?

Started by Borchester, July 14, 2020, 01:24:41 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

I have been thinking about this.It used to be said that the best doctors were doctor diet, doctor exercise and doctor good cheer.

The last demo I went on was a Women Against Trump march. My daughter went on it because she does not like Trump, her girlfriend went on it because she wanted a trip to London, the grand daughters went on it because my wife had promised to fund a foray into the Oxford Street dress shops, my wife went because the grand daughters were there and I went because my wife is not as nibble as she was and I was worried that she might be knocked over in the crush. Afterwards we went for dinner where the daughter rattled on about what a ratbag Trump was but no one took a lot of notice because my daughter is always rattling on about what a ratbag Trump is.

So we all had a good day out in the fresh air, a hearty meal and went home happy and relaxed.

So the way I look at it you don't need a purpose to a demo. After all, only one out of the six of us gave a stuff about the reason for the march and in my experience that is about the same ratio for most protests.

So my idea is to get all the folk with Covid 19 and those who think they have it out onto the streets and into the sunshine where they will have a whale of a time and end up feeling a lot better.
Algerie Francais !