Coronavirus: What are the rules for face masks or face coverings?

Started by GBNews, July 15, 2020, 01:02:46 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 15, 2020, 06:28:19 PM

Autistic people are also exempt, so you should be OK.

That is crass. I have never had that as a diagnosis.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on July 15, 2020, 05:36:49 PMYou may need a very visible notice stating that, for your own safety.
Autistic people are also exempt, so you should be OK.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on July 15, 2020, 05:27:38 PM
It appears that, having suffered from asthma, I am amongst many many people who are exempt.

I dont know what this weeks advice is on wether face masks are any good for protection or protecting others but surely we either all wear them or we all don't . Maybe those with medical exceptions could wear the visor type protector when shopping or using public transport . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 15, 2020, 05:27:38 PM
It appears that, having suffered from asthma, I am amongst many many people who are exempt.

You may need a very visible notice stating that, for your own safety.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 15, 2020, 03:35:08 PM
Well from what Ive seen people are disregarding government advice about face coverings .  I was on an empty bus this morning but dutifully put on my mask  . The next person on  had a Scarf tied round their face like Dick Turpin as they got on and removed it when she sat down . A couple of African ladies  next stop who it appeared had not been made aware of the 'rules' which was no surprise as the driver didn't offer any advice and just before I got off a dozen or so teenagers on a day out with not a mask nor face covering in sight .
So out of 15 or so on a bus that says on the door should only be carrying 11 I'm the only one with a mask on and I've had the bloody thing !

Whats the point , why bother ?

The is precisely why I am staying shielded, because of the number of morons who won't do as they are told. It ought to be a £1000 fine.
(Enforcement would be no problem locally CCTV on every bus.)

Streetwalker

Well from what Ive seen people are disregarding government advice about face coverings .  I was on an empty bus this morning but dutifully put on my mask  . The next person on  had a Scarf tied round their face like Dick Turpin as they got on and removed it when she sat down . A couple of African ladies  next stop who it appeared had not been made aware of the 'rules' which was no surprise as the driver didn't offer any advice and just before I got off a dozen or so teenagers on a day out with not a mask nor face covering in sight .
So out of 15 or so on a bus that says on the door should only be carrying 11 I'm the only one with a mask on and I've had the bloody thing !

Whats the point , why bother ?

papasmurf

That new item is as much use as a chocolate spanner. It does not define what a face covering is. No mention of face shields which protect the eyes, a face mask does not.

https://firstaidforlife.org.uk/how-does-coronavirus-enter-through-your-eyes/

GBNews

Coronavirus: What are the rules for face masks or face coverings?

England will follow Scotland by making face coverings compulsory in shops.

Source: Coronavirus: What are the rules for face masks or face coverings?