Clicking on The Boards redirects to forum stats

Started by patman post, July 18, 2020, 02:46:51 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 20, 2020, 07:01:52 PM
I use Safari on my iPad and iPhone with no problems. Have you tried deleting your browser history?
Bit late in responding, but thanks — I was going to do that, but when I logged into Safari on the iMac (after I'd reloaded Firefox) it seemed to have modified itself and I logged into POL-TICS with no trouble. Not tried it on iPad yet...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

I use Safari on my iPad and iPhone with no problems. Have you tried deleting your browser history?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

∆∆∆
Apologies for not replying sooner.
The iPad now has Firefox iOS mobile version 27.0, and my iMac version 78.0.2.
I don't have details of the Firefox versions that may have been causing the problem because I deleted it on both and reinstalled without checking what the prior versions were — but I'd assume the immediately previous versions.
Also "Safari can't establish a secure connection with pol-tics.com"...

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on July 18, 2020, 03:12:20 PM
∆∆∆
Thanks John.
It seems some browsers — Firefox among them — choose to use cached copies of .css and .js files, even between browser sessions. Updating one of these files doesn't stop the  browser from preferring the cached copy. This could be the problem. I think I'll clear out Firefox and reload to see if that cures the problem...

No, thank YOU !!

Hell fire when did THAT start.

Before this pox broke I was ramping up my expertise in Microsoft dot Net Core with razor pages, ajax and chart.js ready for a massive upgrade at work thanks to Sql Server 2008R2 and the Visual Studio 2010 based technology going the way of Windows XP (out of the support lifetime) in January this year.  And as these have shown an almost cyclical migration away from server centric operation to client based javascript and CSS, I'm beginning to suffer deja vu. Been here with bloogy cgi scripting and netscape navigator FFS !

But when I last built my automated test scripts for the new company intranet - in january - i did not see that. I'm going to need to write some tests to check that...

I see you make reference to firefox on iPad. What version, may I ask, and what OS release ? because while most of the grunts use the bog standard windows or kiosk systems, a few of the higher managers insist on using iphones and ipads and i can do without the grief.......
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

patman post

∆∆∆
Thanks John.
It seems some browsers — Firefox among them — choose to use cached copies of .css and .js files, even between browser sessions. Updating one of these files doesn't stop the  browser from preferring the cached copy. This could be the problem. I think I'll clear out Firefox and reload to see if that cures the problem...

johnofgwent

That SOUNDS like the css is failing to detect and apply an appropriate shell for your browser
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Signing in and moving between Forum Boards keeps redirecting me to a page of forum stats. This happens on an iPad and an iMac using Firefox.
Safari refuses to establish any connection saying it's not secure.
Admittedly my home Internet Provider has changed from Virgin to EE (a BIG mistake), but I cannot see how this will affect established connections.
Any suggestions...?