..........I want my baby back

Started by Nick, July 21, 2020, 10:39:39 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

How diluted do the genes have to be before the product is white? Or is it like homeopathy where the greater the dilution the more potent the effect (allegedly).
We are what we are. If we are mixed race, then be proud of it. If we are white, then be proud of it. If we are yellow or black or brown, then be proud of it.
Mixed race? Be proud of it. But, don't lie or pretend to be something you are not.

I don't think it is a disadvantage to be a "person of colour" in the UK at this time. The law and attitudes have changed hugely in the last 50+ years.
In fact, many would say the heterosexual white male is discriminated against these days.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Javert on July 21, 2020, 10:52:54 PM
So you acknowledge that black people are discriminated against and have less opportunities?

That's what the last sentence basically says.

No it doesn't, it says that it is easier not being black, many variables contribute to that, statistics being one.

A large percentage of black children don't have a father figure cause they've scarpered. That's not discriminatory, it's fact.

The majority of stabbing amongst youths are black teenagers. Fact not discrimination.

The black community also don't help them selves sometimes by playing the race card when something doesn't go their way. My bother-in-law is a retired police inspector and has many meetings with the black police association. The conversation basically went. You are a non inclusive organisation, you do not allow Asians or any other ethnic minorities to joint the BPA. If we started a white police officers association we would be called racist. You already have one, it's called the police force.

None of the above is discriminatory but shows that being black is harder, and as I've said before the worst racism I have ever seen was in South Africa between black people.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Javert

So you acknowledge that black people are discriminated against and have less opportunities?

That's what the last sentence basically says.

Nick

So, people of mixed race, even those who are maybe 2 generations removed choose to identify as black. Why is this when it will allegedly put blockers in their path? Personally I don't give a flying xxxx if you're black, white or pink with green spots, if you're an arsehole then your skin colour doesn't change that, you're still an arsehole. This is like a reverse of Mendel's theory of the pea, the regressive gene being the more attractive choice.
I would always choose the easiest path, so I wonder why it is that anyone with a minimal % of black genes choose the black identity.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.