..........I want my baby back

Started by Nick, July 21, 2020, 10:39:39 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 24, 2020, 10:28:57 AM
Quote from: Nick on July 23, 2020, 11:26:02 PMJewish people feel prejudice around the world because of what their government does.
Really? Is that the reason? They didn't even have a government in 1930.
How about Odessa 1821?
How about 1189-1190 in London and York?
There must be another reason, Nick.

I am referring to the recent activities of the Israeli state in annexing the West Bank.
I have worked extensively in the region and seen at first hand how Jewish and Muslim people get along just fine, there is even a mosque in Jerusalem.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nick on July 23, 2020, 11:26:02 PMI would like to ask Pat what his take on stats is, I'm not going to list the stats but merely point towards them.

So the stats to be considered are, as a percentage of the population of that demographic

Percentage ethnicity of people in prison.
Percentage caught carrying a knife.
Percentage stabbings.
Percentage crime involving drugs. I am working in the East end of London and have seen many drug deals done blatantly in full view of my hotel. 100% black youths. This isn't racism, this is cold hard fact.

What makes you think he will reply, when he's been asked similar questions on that subject multiple times over the years he's spent "posting" (thats a laugh) on this and the old forum?

I would suggest that someone who has spent years boasting of his education, his successful and highly paid 'career' of globe trotting world travel on business, and his extensive 'property portfolio' in one of the worlds most expensive cities, is very unlikely to be 'disadvantaged' or a victim of anything other than rampant snobbery and an ego the size of a fecking double decker bus

As for the figures, you have to draw your own conclusions because our liberal society stays silent on the matter. Just like him

Barry

Quote from: Nick on July 23, 2020, 11:26:02 PMJewish people feel prejudice around the world because of what their government does.
Really? Is that the reason? They didn't even have a government in 1930.
How about Odessa 1821?
How about 1189-1190 in London and York?
There must be another reason, Nick.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 23, 2020, 08:44:58 PM
This link doesn't mention the officers ethnicity but does illustrate why people think they are being discriminated against.
https://www.wigantoday.net/news/crime/gmp-officer-suspected-etching-swastika-colleagues-belongings-2918134

Is it permissible to put forward that 'Man' is an intolerant beast by nature and regardless of which camp you are in you will always feel some prejudice.

In the U.K. ethnic minorities feel racism and prejudice.
Jewish people feel prejudice around the world because of what their government does.
My wife and I were physically attacked in a southern Senegal Village because of our skin colour.
As already mentioned, I've seen black people exposed to the most hateful racism from black people in Southern Africa. This was a wealth thing not skin colour.

I would like to ask Pat what his take on stats is, I'm not going to list the stats but merely point towards them.

So the stats to be considered are, as a percentage of the population of that demographic

Percentage ethnicity of people in prison.
Percentage caught carrying a knife.
Percentage stabbings.
Percentage crime involving drugs. I am working in the East end of London and have seen many drug deals done blatantly in full view of my hotel. 100% black youths. This isn't racism, this is cold hard fact.

Not withstanding the disgusting behaviour of the officers involved in the murder of George Floyd, is the black community becoming a league of victims?

cromwell

This link doesn't mention the officers ethnicity but does illustrate why people think they are being discriminated against.
https://www.wigantoday.net/news/crime/gmp-officer-suspected-etching-swastika-colleagues-belongings-2918134
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2020, 06:53:23 PMClassic racism.

Even more so when you find out that most of the ethnic groups cannot join this inclusive society.
Only when the "minorities" stop taking them selves off into huddles to complain about how excluded they are will things change.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 22, 2020, 05:36:28 PM

The NBPA membership is open to Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic  personnel.
Classic racism.

QuoteThere are also associations in the UK for Muslim Police, Christian Police, Jewish Police, Gay Police, etc. Did your brother-in-law stifle your prejudices and manage to interact more successfully with them...?
They're not racist, you can be any colour of the rainbow in any of these organisations.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 22, 2020, 05:36:28 PM
Quote from: Nick on July 22, 2020, 04:45:15 PMHow come they only allow black people to join? And how do you explain B.E.T and the like?
The NBPA membership is open to Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic  personnel. Open the link I supplied which explains it or, perhaps easier, look at the photographs on different pages and you'll see.
What's B.E.T?
There are also associations in the UK for Muslim Police, Christian Police, Jewish Police, Gay Police, etc. Did your brother-in-law stifle your prejudices and manage to interact more successfully with them...?

I don't have any prejudices, why would you say such a thing?
If you had actually read the OP you would see that regardless of what the constitution said they would not allow Asian members. But feel free to keep insulting my family.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 22, 2020, 04:45:15 PMHow come they only allow black people to join? And how do you explain B.E.T and the like?
The NBPA membership is open to Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic  personnel. Open the link I supplied which explains it or, perhaps easier, look at the photographs on different pages and you'll see.
What's B.E.T?
There are also associations in the UK for Muslim Police, Christian Police, Jewish Police, Gay Police, etc. Did your brother-in-law stifle your prejudices and manage to interact more successfully with them...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 22, 2020, 04:06:40 PM
Quote from: Nick on July 21, 2020, 11:26:08 PMMy bother-in-law is a retired police inspector and has many meetings with the black police association. The conversation basically went. You are a non inclusive organisation, you do not allow Asians or any other ethnic minorities to joint the BPA.
I can't help feeling that perhaps if your brother-in-law bothered to take on board the aims of the National Black Police Association as stated in its constitution before he launched into his diatribe and understood 'The definition of "Black" is one that emphasises the common experience and determination of people of African, African-Caribbean, Middle-Eastern, Asian or Asian sub-continent origin to oppose the effects of racism and victimisation' he might have achieved more...
https://www.nbpa.co.uk/about-us/constitution/

How come they only allow black people to join? And how do you explain B.E.T and the like?

patman post

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2020, 09:43:55 AM
How diluted do the genes have to be before the product is white? Or is it like homeopathy where the greater the dilution the more potent the effect (allegedly).
We are what we are. If we are mixed race, then be proud of it. If we are white, then be proud of it. If we are yellow or black or brown, then be proud of it.
Mixed race? Be proud of it. But, don't lie or pretend to be something you are not.

I don't think it is a disadvantage to be a "person of colour" in the UK at this time. The law and attitudes have changed hugely in the last 50+ years.
In fact, many would say the heterosexual white male is discriminated against these days.
The only way I might possibly be able to identify as White would be after I'd had copious amounts of Trump's Covid Elixir administered.
The Mrs is already there, but she enjoys a summer tan, so I don't think she's that concerned.
Our café crème princesses are delightful and I hope they fully enjoy the benefits of multiple ethnicities — though what they will classify themselves as when older (after they've had the talk all concerned parents have with their non-White children in the UK) will be interesting...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 21, 2020, 11:26:08 PMMy bother-in-law is a retired police inspector and has many meetings with the black police association. The conversation basically went. You are a non inclusive organisation, you do not allow Asians or any other ethnic minorities to joint the BPA.
I can't help feeling that perhaps if your brother-in-law bothered to take on board the aims of the National Black Police Association as stated in its constitution before he launched into his diatribe and understood 'The definition of "Black" is one that emphasises the common experience and determination of people of African, African-Caribbean, Middle-Eastern, Asian or Asian sub-continent origin to oppose the effects of racism and victimisation' he might have achieved more...
https://www.nbpa.co.uk/about-us/constitution/

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on July 21, 2020, 10:39:39 PMI would always choose the easiest path

If the "easiest path" involved you lying about who you feel you are, you would take it?
Don't believe everything you think.

Borchester

Quote from: Javert on July 21, 2020, 10:52:54 PM
So you acknowledge that black people are discriminated against and have less opportunities?

That's what the last sentence basically says.

No, I imagine that what Nick is saying is that if you identify as being black and then complain that you are discriminated against you will be regarded as a deeply sad bastard. You will get lots of sympathy but little respect.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2020, 09:43:55 AM
How diluted do the genes have to be before the product is white?

My ancestral DNA test came back as 78% a small area of the Chiltern Hills, 20% what is now Bavaria, and 2% "Viking."
Which frankly was not what I was expecting. I was expecting a lot more "Viking."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe