Short escape from Shielding

Started by papasmurf, July 22, 2020, 10:26:53 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2020, 05:23:39 PM

At last you've got out and about. Must have been a nice feeling.

It was. Just had a phone call car passed its, MOT after some work on the front brakes, (I was expecting that.)
So repeat of the trip tomorrow, (rain forecast.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Try driving round here. With the gas and water utilities digging up major junctions and London Borough of Hackney installing wider pedestrian walkways, the whole area's a nightmare.
In the near future we're threatened with permanent traffic management schemes with "school streets" closed morning and afternoon, and cars re-directed onto the main road past Thomas Patten school, and stores expected to have deliveries by pedal power.
The whole Hackney driving experience appears to have been designed by non-car-driver muppets on work experience to drive the motorist out of the borough. But what the muppets haven't realised is that many people here are essential workers who need their own (often older) vehicles...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Yesterday the car had to go for it annual "birthday" and MOT at the local version of Arthur Daley's "pre-loved car sales, MOT and repair shop.
(Hopefully picking it up later today.)
This meant taking a magical mystery tour because a vast team of local council workers are carrying out 10 miles of pothole filling and resurfacing on the "main road" out of the village.
This meant the ball and chain driving the car to the garage, and me following with the "rat" sidecar outfit. (I built it, only one person to blame.) To bring her back.
The magical mystery tour meant going past the "hut circles," on Goonhilly Down overlooked by the large satellite communication dishes.
At the end of next week we have to do a similar trip to get the Ball and Chains, no it is not a Hardly Dangerous MOTd and Serviced.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe