General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Baff

I'd worry about your own if I were you.
Your country is the next to leave the EU.

And then what will you do?
More internet blubbing I expect.

Cor Blimey!

Oh, and there's the little matter of your having a fifth column in excess of 16 million people. Can't see that working too well.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Baff on October 16, 2020, 12:27:29 AM
Your not Iceland mate.
Not in their league I'm afraid.

It's 'You're', not 'Your'. I've no idea why they say leavers are uneducated oiks.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Baff

Your not Iceland mate.
And you don't have a navy either.

So when we fish in your waters, you'll do nothing.
When the rest of the EU fishes there too....
You'll do nothing.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Baff on October 16, 2020, 12:23:28 AMWe'll take this as far as you need us to.
Easy way or hard way. You'll work it o

That's what you said to Iceland. Look how that turned out. They don't even have a navy, for God's sake!

Baff

But not a serf to your masters.

We have something called a democracy here.
Brexit serves as demonstration to you all, who rules who.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Baff on October 16, 2020, 12:23:28 AM
And you don't get to decide the rules in the UK.
You'll work it our sooner or later.

It's a war issue ultimately.
So don't both crapping on about being a project of peace.

Spoken like a true serf. They saw you coming, didn't they Baffled?

Baff

And you don't get to decide the rules in the UK.
You'll work it our sooner or later.

It's a war issue ultimately. Sovereignty.
So don't both crapping on about being a project of peace.

We'll take this as far as you need us to.
Easy way or hard way. You'll work it out.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Baff on October 16, 2020, 12:20:02 AM
Thanks.

Look forward to claiming your ships as prizes as soon as you are dumb enough to break our rules.
We could use some extra ones.

You don't get to decide who bombs who, Baffled. Your use of 'of' instead of 'have' identifies you as one of the cannon fodder class, one of the sh*t-upon. That decision will be taken by your betters. Keep on kissing the rod that beats you, Baffled.

Baff

Thanks.

Look forward to claiming your ships as prizes as soon as you are dumb enough to break our rules.
We could use some extra ones.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Baff on October 16, 2020, 12:14:49 AM
Yes mate we have recently built a fisheries protection fleet. We will be using it.

If you put sanctions on the UK, we will simply bomb you.
Sanctions are a prelude to war.
And it won't be the first time you have tried to starve us into submission.

If you want to play stupid games, don't be surprised when you win stupid prizes.

Yes, the French people can simply stop buying UK produce.
This of course cuts both ways.
Although it should be noted that the EU is remarkably unpopular with the French people.

All in all, make your empty threats.
I doubt anyone here is quaking in their boots.
More likely, they are all laughing their tits off at you.
You sound so sour about it all. And hysterical.
Some people don't care about your trade deal.
So what?

We trade with America without a trade deal. It works fine.

With your inspirational success against the Icelandic flotilla in mind, we wish you the best of luck.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on October 15, 2020, 08:34:20 PM
You need trade deals with anyone, somebody. And who said tariffs would be the barrier. You sell alot of fish to the french, they'll prob burn the fish coming their way not to mention they would prob stop buying anything UK. Temperamental like that.

Your sending in the Navy, Jesus baff you really are a throw back to the 40's. If we put sanctions on the UK, no trade, no transport. Your country would be crippled in months. And if there was a war who would bail you out this time ? America ? they might but how would you pay back the bill they would send you ?

Lets keep to reality, the UK wants a deal so does the EU, the EU has red lines, reasonable ones and either the UK accepts or not. Balls in your court.
3.5hrs until Johnsons 'die in a ditch' deadline

Britannia waves the rules

Yes mate we have recently built a fisheries protection fleet. We will be using it.

If you put sanctions on the UK, go for it. See how that works out for you.
It won't be the first time you have unsuccessfully tried to starve us into submission.

Yes, the French people can simply stop buying UK produce.
This of course cuts both ways.
Although it should be noted that the EU is remarkably unpopular with the French people.

All in all, make your empty threats.
I doubt anyone here is quaking in their boots.
More likely, they are all laughing their tits off at you.
You sound so sour about it all. And hysterical.
Some people don't care about your trade deal.
So what?

We trade with America without a trade deal. It works fine.

We have made you a good offer.
If you don't like it, you don't like it.
No biggie.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 15, 2020, 02:48:31 PM
You were asked about a UK financial success story, you went down this GDP or GDP ratio rabbit hole, obviously to deflect from the fact that there are no UK financial success stories post brexit.
Unless you want to spin the 50,000 additional jobs for customs officials and regulatory bodies, or the added jobs to man your new internal borders in Kent and at your ports going to NI.

I answered the question about success (post #1076).  Don't try to muddy the waters with GDP, that was a separate issue based on the numbers you quoted.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on October 15, 2020, 08:34:20 PMBritannia waves the rules
That doesn't really work. It's all in the spelling, Gerry.
By the way, how's the preparations for the border checks going, which the EU will ensure you make?

† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on October 15, 2020, 05:53:14 PMNo.
Due to currency devaluation, British fish sold in the EU will be cheaper after the imposition of tariffs, than they were tariff free prior to the referendum.
And we sold plenty of fish at that price 4 years ago.
The market in the EU is solid and fully exploitable.
Tariff barriers are not an issue for UK exports to the EU.
We don't need a trade deal with you.
Sorry.
You need trade deals with anyone, somebody. And who said tariffs would be the barrier. You sell alot of fish to the french, they'll prob burn the fish coming their way not to mention they would prob stop buying anything UK. Temperamental like that.

Quote from: Baff on October 15, 2020, 05:53:14 PMOur fishing rights are those applied to us by the UN convention on the sea.
And defacto, they are the rights are navy are able to enforce.
A navy we have just spent the last four year investing in hard, in anticipation of fisheries disputes.
Project of peace are we?
Prove it by keeping your noses out of our territory.
Project of peace my arse.
The only reason you preach peace is because you have no army.
Something you intend to change.
Your sending in the Navy, Jesus baff you really are a throw back to the 40's. If we put sanctions on the UK, no trade, no transport. Your country would be crippled in months. And if there was a war who would bail you out this time ? America ? they might but how would you pay back the bill they would send you ?

Lets keep to reality, the UK wants a deal so does the EU, the EU has red lines, reasonable ones and either the UK accepts or not. Balls in your court.
3.5hrs until Johnsons 'die in a ditch' deadline

Britannia waves the rules