General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 15, 2021, 01:19:19 AM

Brexit, just keeps giving - Day 15

Brexiters won gerry , and they keep winning.

Who is taking the uk back in gerry? Anyone? I bet you dont see it in the next ten years.

On top of that , i love your constant sarcastic digs and muck raking over every anti brexit story you can find.

It will ensure the english rub sir keir E.U starmer and his new labour parties nose in the dirt come the next election.

You know you remind me of a new labour supporter on our old forum many years back. Like you over brexit , he never quite got over his hero tony blair resigining power and new labour getting routed at election time.

Like you over brexit , he carried on burying his head in the sand , arguing new labours corner , and bumming up his hero blair.

11 years and counting his new labour heroes have been out of office , numerous leaders have come and gone , and tony blair is more despised today than ever before.

So keep up the good work over brexit gerry , you are doing wonders for the anglo eurosceptic movement and helping entrench anti eu attitudes. :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Dynamis on January 15, 2021, 12:51:16 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/14/government-rejects-report-it-will-lower-workers-rights-post-brexit

Union Flag

Of course they won't, of course. While EU 15 migrants pretty much keep the country running, put in more than they take out, but according to QAnon theories everything that settles in the UK from the continent (other than snow) claims benefits, probably because snow is white and so are the BNP. Maybe sending folks from 'the armpits of the thrid worod' or even viking nations was a bad idea like Trump says, Britain First were good guys, real patriots along with rangers FC.  ;D

Then we have those blaming the fruma & sephardic travellers in north london, for all the world's problems, and there was child abuse scandals among them in the 70's etc.

Then we have more QAnon theories about 'gimmiegrants' secretly being Antifa capuchins who have 'whited up' instead of blacked up, to look like white liberals with ginger dreadlocks. It's a sick pedo cannibal conspiracy and we can get Homer to sort it out. 😋

I'll see your 48hr week with bacon & fish and I raise you trucking costs ... in your face !

Road haulage saying truck drivers want a lift in price from €1.5 per km to €10 per km, due to un-measurable delays. Leave the EU to increase red tape/Bureaucracy and costs  ::)

https://trans.info/ro/rha-hauliers-who-charged-e1-50-per-kilometre-now-want-e10-217289

Brexit, just keeps giving - Day 15

Borg Refinery

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/14/government-rejects-report-it-will-lower-workers-rights-post-brexit

Union Flag

Of course they won't, of course. While EU 15 migrants pretty much keep the country running, put in more than they take out, but according to QAnon theories everything that settles in the UK from the continent (other than snow) claims benefits, probably because snow is white and so are the BNP. Maybe sending folks from 'the armpits of the thrid worod' or even viking nations was a bad idea like Trump says, Britain First were good guys, real patriots along with rangers FC.  ;D

Then we have those blaming the fruma & sephardic travellers in north london, for all the world's problems, and there was child abuse scandals among them in the 70's etc.

Then we have more QAnon theories about 'gimmiegrants' secretly being Antifa capuchins who have 'whited up' instead of blacked up, to look like white liberals with ginger dreadlocks. It's a sick pedo cannibal conspiracy and we can get Homer to sort it out. 😋
+++

GerryT

Fish having a hard time and now it seems the pork industry is having it hard.

https://www.foodandfarmingfutures.co.uk/PrestoMobile#/details/ZWVhNzBlY2QtZWJjNi00YWZiLWE1MTAtNWExOTFiMjJjOWU1LjI1MDI2

The common denominator here seems to be process, paperwork and the lack of customs officials & vets.That was all totally avoidable, the UK knew it was leaving the SM & CU and that meant these checks were necessary and the paperwork was necessary. It didn't matter one jot if there was a trade deal or not or what the details of that trade deal would be, the UK Govt knew this so there is really no excuse for these sort of problems. Yes there will be difficulties and teething issues and it won't ever be as seamless as it was, but I gather that's what was wanted.

Ignoring Covid the big problem seems to be an incapable govt, fix that and brexit may not become the no.1 UK issue.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 14, 2021, 01:28:42 PM
There was no mention in the comment I quoted.
So why did you reference the NHS? They weren't mentioned either. Grow a pair and start acknowledging when you make a mistake.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2021, 01:25:49 PM

Really?

So from above you didn't get what the post was about, don't post if you don't understand.

There was no mention in the comment I quoted.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 14, 2021, 09:33:21 AM
That was not specified in the comment I responded to.

Quote from: GerryT on January 12, 2021, 12:45:04 AM
I haven't seen prices but what I read was all vaccines cost a different price, the AZ one being much cheaper than the Pfizer one. But Johnson bought 40 million of the Pfizer Vaccine and the EU have a po for 300m of the AZ one. The EU has PO's with 7 c19 companies and so does the UK, the point being the UK is paying a higher price, most likely because it's purchasing 10 times less. Your point is mute.

My earlier point to toots is C19 is not a competition, that the EU is not sitting on it's laurels, jsy because a USA/EU company made the first vaccine and the UK rushed the approval process doesn't make the UK a world beater. People all over the world have been working to find a way out of this.

QuoteNever mind what they have ordered, what have they got and how many have been administered?
Not so many and about half a million, but you keep telling your self how great they are. We don't care.

Really?

So from above you didn't get what the post was about, don't post if you don't understand.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2021, 09:20:38 AM
The problem is we were talking about how many jabs the EU had done and you came back with some smart answer about the NHS. If you read back you would see that but you couldn't be bothered.

You made no mention of that in the comment I quoted.

Borg Refinery

'Emergency' measure planned at ports to prevent food shortages because of Brexit, document reveals

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-food-shortages-ports-lorries-b1787187.html?amp

Well this is going well.

Even The Sun is forced to concede...

One of world's biggest transport firms halts deliveries to UK over 'Brexit red tape' https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/13737684/db-schenker-halts-deliveries-over-brexit/amp/
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2021, 09:20:38 AM
The problem is we were talking about how many jabs the EU had done and you came back with some smart answer about the NHS. If you read back you would see that but you couldn't be bothered.

That was not specified in the comment I responded to.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 13, 2021, 07:45:36 PM
There are some people on this forum who should be barred from internet access.

I answered your question so what is your problem?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on January 13, 2021, 07:45:36 PM

People who post of their intent to machine gun whole groups of people for example with 6 fingers?

QuoteI answered your question so what is your problem?

He is grumpy about losing his Trump insurrection probably.

I know what will cheer folks up..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexiteers-try-set-eu-flag-21407117.amp
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 13, 2021, 06:34:30 PM
Well if you don't get it you shouldn't be posting in open forum.

I answered your question so what is your problem?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 13, 2021, 08:24:16 AM
You asked a question, and I answered it. What is your problem?

Well if you don't get it you shouldn't be posting in open forum.

GerryT

Quote from: Dynamis on January 13, 2021, 09:21:27 AM
Don't worry.  Union Flag

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-suffolk-55593308

All will be alright for millions of SME's up and down the country.

We can get the snide, insidious, petulant, beguiling and delusive types to sort this out very easily, with sneering and as snidey as possible comments.  ;D

That will definitely make it all go away!

I just make hidey sneaky, condescending and insulting remarks at Brexit paperwork or anything I don't like and it fills itself in. Maybe if we're all really snide towards it will leave us alone? :(

We can get the children to kill Brexit for us with mean little comments!

I wonder how Phil voted, was he a 'leave' voter like the fishermen ?