General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 12:26:55 PM

Do you have a crystal ball? If so where did you get it? Does it have a proven track record?

I don't need one, I knew the Tories would make a bog of Brexit, and they have. With Bojo The Clown making a bog of being Prime Minster a crash out Brexit is now a certainly.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 12:25:11 PM
Quote from: Barry on June 25, 2020, 11:44:03 AM

That's a different case entirely. Not to mention the topic is Brexit. You're back to your "Tories are murdering everyone" hobby horse.

The hard Brexit will cause the deaths of vulnerable people.

Do you have a crystal ball? If so where did you get it? Does it have a proven track record?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 25, 2020, 11:44:03 AM

That's a different case entirely. Not to mention the topic is Brexit. You're back to your "Tories are murdering everyone" hobby horse.

The hard Brexit will cause the deaths of vulnerable people.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 11:34:28 AM
Barry you would not believe anything unless I posted you a coroners report.
This is case started pre-covid I don't expect there is enough detail for you either. (There are literally hundreds of such cases.)

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-52500385

Errol Graham death: Judicial review move over DWP policy
1 May 2020

The family of a mentally ill man who starved to death after his benefits were cut have applied for a judicial review of government policy.

Errol Graham's emaciated body was found in June 2018 when bailiffs broke into his Nottingham flat to evict him.

In witness statements, the family said Mr Graham used pliers to pull out his teeth in the weeks before he died.

The review aims to challenge the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) policy for terminating benefits.

An inquest into the 57-year-old's death heard his benefits had been cut in October 2017.

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 11:10:12 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 10:51:08 AM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 10:41:32 AM

Can you really believe that this was due to a Cons Government? Would it be impossible under any other Government?

Yes I do, there are far too many documented examples. What puzzles me is how they have got away with it during the current pandemic and all way back to May 2010 when that disgusting waste of Oxygen Iain Duncan Smith was put in charge of the DWP.
Where have/are the disabled lives matter mass demonstrations?
As for Brexit I knew before the referendum the Tories would make a total bog of it, and they have.
I will now have to make preparations to mitigate the effects on my wife and I of the disaster that will happen on January the 1st 2021.
Anyone who doesn't think there is going to be a disaster should remove their head from their fundamental orifice.

Did that have to be quite so rude? I can't agree with you that central government can be held responsible for every individual. Bad things happen in the best run organisations and I think we can all agree that things are crazy especially at present, but it has developed over decades. When Gordon Brown made just about everyone dependent on the State he did the biggest disservice to us. No matter who is in No 10, responsibility for this particular case lies with those nearest.

Probably the ergot of rye due to all that mouldy  food Pappy is stockpiling Toots.

We are currently in the middle of improving the loo access to make life a bit easier for Madam, as a result of which she has said that she has always thought me a bit of a shit but now knew that I was useful when she needed to take one. In fact, being a frugal Yorkshire lass and into recycling, she has told me that several times.

We should not be too hard on Pappy. He just does not seem able to enjoy life in the same way as the rest of us.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 25, 2020, 11:19:42 AM

Barry you would not believe anything unless I posted you a coroners report.
This is case started pre-covid I don't expect there is enough detail for you either. (There are literally hundreds of such cases.)

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-52500385

Errol Graham death: Judicial review move over DWP policy
1 May 2020

The family of a mentally ill man who starved to death after his benefits were cut have applied for a judicial review of government policy.

Errol Graham's emaciated body was found in June 2018 when bailiffs broke into his Nottingham flat to evict him.

In witness statements, the family said Mr Graham used pliers to pull out his teeth in the weeks before he died.

The review aims to challenge the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) policy for terminating benefits.

An inquest into the 57-year-old's death heard his benefits had been cut in October 2017.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 11:17:23 AM

Did that have to be quite so rude? I can't agree with you that central government can be held responsible for every individual. Bad things happen in the best run organisations and I think we can all agree that things are crazy especially at present, but it has developed over decades. When Gordon Brown made just about everyone dependent on the State he did the biggest disservice to us. No matter who is in No 10, responsibility for this particular case lies with those nearest.

The Tory government can be held responsible when as a result of their hostile environment towards vulnerable people people have died and are dying.
The inevitable hard Brexit will end up with deaths as well.
'

I guess time will tell.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 10:11:05 AM
I hate them with good reason bases on 71 years of experience of the callous incompetent (expletive deleted.)

Just a recent sample, sorry for a newspaper link.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/disabled-man-starved-death-during-22247500
QuoteMP Bell Ribeiro-Addy said she was aware of a "tragic" report that a man in her constituency of Streatham, south London, had died after being unable to access food essentials.
It's a big leap to the headline: Disabled man 'starved to death during lockdown' MP claims
Maybe he did starve to death, but without a single detail being given, we on this forum are unable to make a judgement.
However, we did warn that the lockdown would cause deaths, not from the virus.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

The Tory government can be held responsible when as a result of their hostile environment towards vulnerable people people have died and are dying.
The inevitable hard Brexit will end up with deaths as well.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 10:51:08 AM

Can you really believe that this was due to a Cons Government? Would it be impossible under any other Government?

Yes I do, there are far too many documented examples. What puzzles me is how they have got away with it during the current pandemic and all way back to May 2010 when that disgusting waste of Oxygen Iain Duncan Smith was put in charge of the DWP.
As for Brexit I knew before the referendum the Tories would make a total bog of it, and they have.
I will now have to make preparations to mitigate the effects on my wife and I of the disaster that will happen on January the 1st 2021.
Anyone who doesn't think there is going to be a disaster should remove their head from their fundamental orifice.

papasmurf

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 10:11:05 AM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 10:03:18 AM

Be honest Pappy whoever was in No 10 with a blue tie would get the same response from you. You just hate Conservatives.

I hate them with good reason bases on 71 years of experience of the callous incompetent (expletive deleted.)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/disabled-man-starved-death-during-22247500

Can you really believe that this was due to a Cons Government? Would it be impossible under any other Government? It's so easy to pass the blame. Where were his neighbours? Where were his usual supporters? This was a failure of those far closer to home. It suits them to pass the buck rather than accept their own lack of caring attitude to a fellow human being. Why was I inundated with offers of help from my family, my street and from my Church and he wasn't? I bet they were all out clapping the NHS every week. This is not a government problem it is a problem of common human decency.  I can't believe that you got me to read the the mirror, I even accepted their cookies in order to understand your claim. I need to clean my PC.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 10:03:18 AM

Be honest Pappy whoever was in No 10 with a blue tie would get the same response from you. You just hate Conservatives.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 09:50:31 AM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 09:47:54 AM

That is why he is so vilified by the remainers. They will use anything to get him out. I just hope he manages to hang in there until January at the earliest. Hopefully he will get stronger as the year progresses at least he will have time to learn how to manage his recovery.

It has nothing to do with remainers, it has to do with Bojo Tne Clown not being fit for purpose.
The man is useless, and well out of his depth.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 09:47:54 AM

That is why he is so vilified by the remainers. They will use anything to get him out. I just hope he manages to hang in there until January at the earliest. Hopefully he will get stronger as the year progresses at least he will have time to learn how to manage his recovery.

It has nothing to do with remainers, it has to do with Bojo Tne Clown not being fit for purpose.
The man is useless, and well out of his depth.