General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14927 time=1580555619 user_id=89
I never predicted any of that.

I did predict the Tories would make bog of Brexit and I stand by that.

Boris as Prime Minister that will do more damage to Britain than Hitler did.

I will call you on that. You say many things but for me that's reprehensible. You should withdraw it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=14917 time=1580552858 user_id=51
You don't have that good a track record for predicting the future, though, do you?

Otherwise the prisons would be full of Tory politicians and labour would be firmly at the helm, guided by a bunch of WASPI women.

I never predicted any of that.

I did predict the Tories would make bog of Brexit and I stand by that.

Boris as Prime Minister that will do more damage to Britain than Hitler did.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14896 time=1580543181 user_id=89
The cock-up over the next eleven months leading to Britain crashing out of the EU on Jan 1st 2021 with no deal.

You don't have that good a track record for predicting the future, though, do you?

Otherwise the prisons would be full of Tory politicians and labour would be firmly at the helm, guided by a bunch of WASPI women.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=14878 time=1580514388 user_id=51
Blimey, what are we going to talk about now!  :lol:

The cock-up over the next eleven months leading to Britain crashing out of the EU on Jan 1st 2021 with no deal.

Baron von Lotsov

This is what the Chinese described it as today!

QuoteBrexit, once considered the unlikely dream of a motley crew of "Eurosceptics" on the fringes of British politics, also weakens the EU, conceived as a way to bind together Europe's major powers in peace after centuries of conflict.
-South China Morning Post

Yep, that's about right.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=14878 time=1580514388 user_id=51

We could return to normal - what about the weather?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=14874 time=1580512410 user_id=62
Blimey, we are out

:dncg:  :dncg:  :dncg:  :dncg:  :dncg:

Dog's bollocks.

I was not quite sure it would happen but it has and

[size=200]

bloody magic, we are out !!!
[/size]

There was a time when I really doubted it would happen.  So many swore to thwart the ref result. I Am so relieved that my voted counted once more. :Patriot:  :Patriot:  :Patriot:

Borchester

Blimey, we are out

:dncg:  :dncg:  :dncg:  :dncg:  :dncg:

Dog's bollocks.

I was not quite sure it would happen but it has and

[size=200]

bloody magic, we are out !!!
[/size]
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=14841 time=1580485825 user_id=53
Well we are here on the brink . Im not sure what will come first Ive been thinking for the past year Brexit or Palace signing a decent striker .Looks like Brexit is going to win

Been looking forward to the evening all week but have gone down with man flue ,shivering aching and sweating like a fat bird at a disco .Looks like Im going to MIA for a few days .

I reckon papa has done something to the lunchtime Pilchards or Quackers spiked my drink last night .   Anyway Im going to bed before the family gets in from work , self containment and all that .

Tomorrow we will be on our way to a new dawn ,I just hope Boris doesn't let us down.

Well done to all have been on the long road campaigning for our exit , the real work starts now , Night nurse and Brandy should do it .   Catch you all on the rebound  :hattip  

Hope you feel better soon.

:Patriot:

Streetwalker

Well we are here on the brink . Im not sure what will come first Ive been thinking for the past year Brexit or Palace signing a decent striker .Looks like Brexit is going to win

Been looking forward to the evening all week but have gone down with man flue ,shivering aching and sweating like a fat bird at a disco .Looks like Im going to MIA for a few days .

I reckon papa has done something to the lunchtime Pilchards or Quackers spiked my drink last night .   Anyway Im going to bed before the family gets in from work , self containment and all that .

Tomorrow we will be on our way to a new dawn ,I just hope Boris doesn't let us down.

Well done to all have been on the long road campaigning for our exit , the real work starts now , Night nurse and Brandy should do it .   Catch you all on the rebound  :hattip  

:Patriot:

Nick

Tomorrow we can say "The day after tomorrow".

:dncg:  :dncg:  :dncg:  :dncg:  :dncg:  :dncg:  :Patriot:
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=14287 time=1580067745 user_id=63

A diplomat is paid to lie to foreigners on behalf of the government that pays them. This is a given. The prize example of that has to be the Iraqi (can't recall his name, or alias, "Chemical Ali" comes to mind for some reason

You mean comical Ali, Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf, "There are no Americans in Baghdad" with an American tank trundling by in the background.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester post_id=14303 time=1580076255 user_id=62
*******-

+

I think that you mean Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf, or Comical Ali. Have to give the bloke his due. There was a video on Youtube of him swearing holes through pewter pots that the Coalition armies had been routed while over his should an American tank was trundling up the road.  :lol:

Yeah, that's him.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Comical Ali got a job with Abu Dhabi TV.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/jan/13/broadcasting.Iraqandthemedia">//https://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/jan/13/broadcasting.Iraqandthemedia

Do Saudi Arabia like Fred Flintstone? No, but Abu Dhabi do!  :lol:

https://media.giphy.com/media/75XvLUZJ11e0w/giphy.gif">
† The end is nigh †