General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 12:59:10 PM
How old are you?
Ten years older than I want to be — even if 1981 also had many other events to celebrate...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2021, 02:32:55 PM
Yea but the history you want to discuss is seldom related to brexit

im not on here to talk solely about brexit.

Read the thread , this is a political debating forum , not solely a brexit debating forum.

I like to talk about many things unlike you , and more to the point most of us have been debating brexit for over five years and are fed up with it.

People are now deaf to you gerry , except the odd moment like today where i may indulge you .

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 12:59:10 PM
How old are you?

About as old as me by the sound of it , the cockles at the dogs ,yum yum .I can still taste them now .. Maybe with all this shell fish going to waste the price will come down and the bloke with the basket will make a return down the pub , when it opens .

Feck the Froggies , we want our shellfish back !

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 02:01:18 PM
history is something that happened one second ago gerry. You are merely arguing about which part of history you wish to discuss.

We`ve left. We left 16 days ago. From memory ya wee liar , you were telling me not that long ago we actually left last year so what are you talking about now?

no brexit has finished ,we are out.

:D ;D

Stope it gerry. Pleassz!
Yea but the history you want to discuss is seldom related to brexit. Your an ABB fan, anything but brexit, so what was the expected big wins and how did it turn out. Day 16 and counting

I did strawman but if you stop twisting things, on a number of occasions I educated you to that fact, but qualified it by saying it was only in name as good ship uk was still tied up at shore during transition, brexit only started when you took to sea 16 days ago. Whats the difference, well the uk continued to pay, take eu courts and had zero say or vote. A very much eu weighted arrangement.

Like i say, brexit has only started and we can not get into the business of seeing what the uk actually voted for, did any predictions come true and would any other country sign up for their exit.

Not looking good so far mate.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2021, 01:52:33 PM
Far from history,

history is something that happened one second ago gerry. You are merely arguing about which part of history you wish to discuss.

QuoteBrexit is the UK leaving the EU,

We`ve left. We left 16 days ago. From memory ya wee liar , you were telling me not that long ago we actually left last year so what are you talking about now?

QuoteBrexit has just started,

no brexit has finished ,we are out.

QuoteI'm neither a remainer or leaver,

:D ;D

Stope it gerry. Pleassz!

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2021, 01:54:04 PM
Is that you by the christmas tree dreamig of brexit.

Gerry , i dont need  to dream about brexit. Its a reality . Its happened . :D

The uk is out. You lost mate.

You need to stop all this self denial gerry , its not doing you any good.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 01:38:11 PM16 days of freedom from the eu gerry?

Has it been that long already?
Is that you by the christmas tree dreamig of brexit. I can just picture you and your mantra "freeeedddoommmmm"

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 01:23:14 PM
brexit is history now gerry , so you do want to talk about history contradicting yourself earlier?

Far from history, Brexit is the UK leaving the EU, not the 4yrs of the UK stumbling about in the dark trying to find the exit door. Brexit has just started, brexit will go on decades.

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 01:23:14 PM
aye we have left , you lost the vote , and subsequent elections , and we have been out since hogmanay.

I didn't vote so lost nothing, other than the pain the UK will inflict firstly on itself and then on its close neighbours. I'm neither a remainer or leaver, but I've said that before and yes you've been out 16 days.

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 01:23:14 PMWe are sovereign gerry.
So what is a sovereign country then, can they do whatever they want. What is it you thing your gaining that you didn't have before brexit.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 01:34:53 PM
I can see no benefits at all, (yet,) Project fear has as predicted turned into project reality.

Your personal judgement of the big political issues is of vital importance to the uk pappy.

If you arent happy ( whats new moany? ::)) shouldnt have voted lib dem and let the tories in should you?

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2021, 01:30:42 PM
Again making stuff up thomas, I never said that. I asked you to post your list of brexit benefits.
In Ireland there are brexit benefits and downsides. Caused by the UK, but nobody wants to talk about the effects the UK had on Ireland no do they. Brexit is owned by the UK so what are the benefits

Day 16 and counting

16 days of freedom from the eu gerry?

Has it been that long already?

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2021, 01:30:42 PM
Again making stuff up thomas, I never said that. I asked you to post your list of brexit benefits.
In Ireland there are brexit benefits and downsides. Caused by the UK, but nobody wants to talk about the effects the UK had on Ireland no do they. Brexit is owned by the UK so what are the benefits

Day 16 and counting

I can see no benefits at all, (yet,) Project fear has as predicted turned into project reality.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 01:00:44 PM

Gerry has been back on cromwell for five minutes , scratching his head and demanding to know why he hasnt felt any brexit benefits ....over in dublin . ;) :)
Honestly cromwell , a feckin comedy show on this forum sometimes so it is.
On top of that , pappy is running around screamin he isnt allowed to criticise the tories despite the fact almost every post he makes is a tory bad post , and dynamis is running around shouting something about the BNP and wascists. ;D

Day 16 and counting

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2021, 01:20:02 PM
I think I'm the only one to have posted a benefit to brexit

;D :D

You are far too shrewd for us gerry.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2021, 01:20:02 PM
Again you fail to read, But you want to talk about everything other than Brexit.

brexit is history now gerry , so you do want to talk about history contradicting yourself earlier?

:D

QuoteBrexit is about leaving the EU,

aye we have left , you lost the vote , and subsequent elections , and we have been out since hogmanay.

Quote'we are sovereign'

:D

We are sovereign gerry.